For Music Lovers!!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

For Music Lovers!!

Post by Fred in Skirts »

bagpipe1.jpg
bagpipe2a.jpg
:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: For Music Lovers!!

Post by crfriend »

Cadence to Arms. My late ex and I saw these guys one Saint Patrick's Day a number of years ago after being pushed into Boston by MBTA locomotive 1066 and they brought the house down. 'Twas a grand experience. Hilariously, it was the same beast that hauled us back to Worcester and home.

Long live the bagpipes and all their magic.

Here's another pipe melody, this time paired with oboe instead of electric guitar. Different pipes to be sure.

To crib the line from Mark Knopfler, If there are no pipes in Heaven, I'll be goin' down below. Even though I don't play, I'll be a piper 'til the end.

And, gratuitously, Knopfler again with Wild Theme from Local Hero.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

As a Scot, one can only agree with the sentiments here.
The bagpipes played well are heavenly, badly, you do not wish to contemplate.
Worth noting that the Scottish Pipes have the highest decibel count of any hand held instrument in the world.
It is no accident that they went to war with us.
Steve.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

I've heard that the definition of a perfect gentleman as being a man who can play the bagpipes. And doesn't :-)

The Dropkick Murphy's have a big following in Boston, particularly with the student population. Carl, as luck would have it they are playing 3 nights at the House of Blues next week.