Who's website is this?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Who's website is this?

Post by moonshadow »

https://www.amaninaskirt.com/

A member here?

I admit I just skimmed it for now... but it looks promising...

Thoughts?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Who's website is this?

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote:https://www.amaninaskirt.com/

A member here?

I admit I just skimmed it for now... but it looks promising...

Thoughts?

Their name is Robin.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

And there is another building block.

Maybe I will see the day we all will be seen as the true pioneers of Men in Skirts.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Have any café members joined
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

I sent Robin a message and told him to check out the Cafe. I’m hoping he’ll join us soon :D
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

He has a nice Instagram account (if you are into that thing)

https://www.instagram.com/amaninaskirt/
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

In one of his blogs he writes this letter. I can so relate to what the letter says. I have felt this all my life, but could not understand what I was feeling until I read this letter.

"My 3rd blog post on amaninaskirt.com Read, like, share or ignore. Over to you!:-)x

A Man in a Skirt Meets a Woman

Dear Women

You are every where! You make up around 50% of the other humans that I see in the world. At times you have felt like alien creatures that are beyond my scope of comprehension. At times I’ve desired your beauty, I've lied to you to get you into bed and even fought over you. Sorry about that!:-(.x

You see, as I went about my day, all I saw were women, being all beautiful and lovely and triggering my desire. I almost get why the burka is so popular. If only you were covered up! Then I could be free of my desire. No! Of course I don’t believe that! Thats the one of the great shames of the world. Its for me(n) to deal with our desire not for you to change yourself so that our desire is not triggered. For me at least, and I know for other men too, it has , at times, been almost impossible to get on with my day. As a beautiful woman walks by, I’m drawn in. Totally transfixed by a vision of beauty as she passes.

What lay at the heart of my desire was my own need for beauty. My need to feel beautiful and experees that beauty with sensual clothes. Colours that match and compliment and sometimes even clash. I feel quite emotional as I recall that feeling of wanting but being unable to have. Like standing outside the best toy shop in the land, looking at the window display of all the best and latest toys but sadly being barred from going in. And worst of all, not even understanding why I’m not allowed in. What did I do wrong that got me barred from this place?

Now as I walk through my day I still meet beautiful women but I’m no longer so drawn in. My desire for beauty is being expressed and not put on to you.

I met one such woman in the shop where I buy the metal fixings to join large timbers to metal beams. I've met her a few times before and this time she asks my advice about the length of some of the fixings that they make for loft conversions.

What I really want to say is that I love her dress. Not just her dress, I love her whole look. It's simple and functional (She works in a factory/shop/office!). Hunter wellies, black tights dark grey warm jersey dress and minimal make up.

We finish the conversation about the metal work and the time comes for me to say what I really think.

"I hope you don’t mind me saying?" I feel almost sick with nerves.

“Saying what?” How can she know if she minds or not till I say something?

“Err! I really like your dress. I mean your look. I mean I really like your style, you look great!” I’m struggling. I’m blushing. And I realise that I’ve never paid a woman a compliment on her dress before. Outside of a relationship that is.

She is lovely “Thank you, that’s very kind” she says. I think she knows she looks good. She a confident, strong woman who runs the family business. Looking good maybe comes easy to her. Maybe not

“You make it look easy” I say, not sure if that is a compliment or not. “I mean you look very natural”

“Thank you” she says again “You know what the most important thing is don’t you?” she asks. She’s then kind enough to answer her own question straight away so as not to leave me looking like I don’t know what the most important thing is. “A smile!” she says, beaming with one.

Of course it is! How could I have ever thought beauty had anything to do with anything else?

I have a tear in my eye as I pay for the things I’ve bought. A simple compliment puts paid to all the years of hiding my love of beauty. She is very gracious and I leave with a new sense of myself. A growing sense of what beauty is and is not. A sense of strength and vulnerability and openness. Very different to the strong, inpenetrable, closed man I have at times been.

"Beauty is within the eye of the beholder" said Shakespeare I think. And he is partly right for without the eye of the beholder beauty cannot be seen. But beauty also is within the heart and soul of that which is beautiful. Beauty is clear, clever and confident. Beauty is honest and real and kind. Beauty is all around and now I am open to it beauty is within me.

Thank you for reading this far. Please feel free to comment below because beauty is also a conversation.

Love and blessings

A Man in a Skirt"
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ha!

That happened to me the other day! I was working and was taken by a dress I saw a woman wearing... NOT so so much the woman, but her dress was beautiful! I wanted to ask her where she got it....

But also I was in my work uniform, in "normal guy mode" and that would be an odd question for a "normal guy" to ask. She'd surely think I was making a pass at her and report me for sexual harassment.... so I kept my mouth shut.

That's the nice thing about wearing skirts and dresses, in a way, you become like "one of the girls", and you can ask such questions without seeming like you're hitting on them. After all, most think we're gay anyway! :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Thanks for the link, this site does look interesting. I hope this guy drops in here as well.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

That was a beautiful letter but unlike Moon I do compliment someone, female or male, where I think that what they are wearing or their whole look is something above the usual drabness we see day in day out. Once a young woman approached my checkout and she was dressed in 1950's fashion with kneeish length sticky-out skirt with petticoats, white sleeveless blouse and even a red headscarf. She looked delightful and I told her so. She said that she really liked the fashion of that time and dresses as such as often as she can. She really stood out and appreciated my comments. I didn't ask where she got her attire - I didn't need to as she volunteered that she made her own clothes.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:That was a beautiful letter but unlike Moon I do compliment someone, female or male, where I think that what they are wearing or their whole look is something above the usual drabness we see day in day out. Once a young woman approached my checkout and she was dressed in 1950's fashion with kneeish length sticky-out skirt with petticoats, white sleeveless blouse and even a red headscarf. She looked delightful and I told her so. She said that she really liked the fashion of that time and dresses as such as often as she can. She really stood out and appreciated my comments. I didn't ask where she got her attire - I didn't need to as she volunteered that she made her own clothes.
I will compliment if I'm not representing the company I work for in any way. e.g. During weekends while I too am wearing a skirt, or even if I'm wearing my personal pants for whatever reason.

We live in the era of #metoo and I won't go anywhere near any comment that might possibly be taken as an unwelcome sexual advance. When I'm at work, I generally just stick to discussion about what's wrong with their equipment, and perhaps a little harmless banter from time to time.

I'm not as socially awkward as I sound, and NO I'm NOT afraid of women (like some who read this might assume). I'm not afraid to be alone with a woman (God knows there are plenty of cameras around in most places anyway), I'm not afraid to work with them. But I just keep it as professional as possible.

They might find it quite unusual why this repair man has taken such a keen interest in their dress! :wink:
-Andrea
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I quite often these days compliment a lady, or man, if they are exhibiting good taste and style, though it was rare for me to do so before skirt wearing. A while back I was very daring and expressed my approval of a lady's knockout tights. She took a deep breath and for a second thought she was going to be angry, but...."Thank you!" she said with a big beaming smile.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

“Whose.” Just sayin’...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

I also tend to compliment people on their outfits (if warranted). Just the other day My wife and I were out at a restaurant bar, and met a younger couple. I complimented his jacket and that opened up a conversation. He paid for drinks for the rest of the night! I also, later, complimented the woman and my wife shot me the look. The woman was delighted and I explained that I had an interest in how people chose to dress, and especially when time was taken to choose the right thing.
It all worked out and they hung out with us all night, even to another bar, where again, he paid for the drinks./. :D