I thought this was nice...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

I thought this was nice...

Post by moonshadow »

This has nothing to do with skirt wearing men, but I have to say, reading this was quite a breath of fresh air. It's nice to see a major company take such a stand, and it would appear that they "get it". It's nice to see there are people out there who still believe that fathers still have a valid place in the family....

Maybe this will catch on? It's nice to see folks not forgetting about the guys for a change.

https://www.dove.com/us/en/men-care/pat ... leave.html
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I thought this was nice...

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Moon
There are paternity leave rules in UK law.
It gives 2 weeks paid leave at about £145 per week.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Of course you do!

In America the common view is that if the government actually did anything that didn't somehow directly benefit the ultra-wealthy and actually provided some type of benefit for lower wage tax payers, the universe would implode.

When a discussion over the various European systems comes up, it quickly turns to how you all are starving to death, the sky is falling, and generally are on the brink of total catastrophe.

I don't even give a sh!t anymore, I just count my blessings that I'm not living under a bridge or starving to death, and I'm one of the very fortunate few who actually have a reasonable health plan, though I admit, we've never really tested it in a true medical disaster.

... and now you know why America, particularly Appalachia is so religious... that's all we can do... is pray... and pray hard buddy....

When the ultra-rich with their top hats and monocles stroll into town in their fancy awe-toe-moe-beals, I stand on the side of the road and be sure to do my little curtsy like a good little servant [0], bow my head, and give thanks for the crumbs... God knows they don't have to even give us those!

WORK HARDER! HUNDREDS OF BILLIONAIRES DEPEND ON YOU! :rofl:

[0] Sometimes I actually do this.... (I think it's illegal to actually shoot them a bird, so this is my passive aggressive way of doing so...)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:Of course you do!

In America the common view is that if the government actually did anything that didn't somehow directly benefit the ultra-wealthy and actually provided some type of benefit for lower wage tax payers, the universe would implode.

When a discussion over the various European systems comes up, it quickly turns to how you all are starving to death, the sky is falling, and generally are on the brink of total catastrophe.

I don't even give a sh!t anymore, I just count my blessings that I'm not living under a bridge or starving to death, and I'm one of the very fortunate few who actually have a reasonable health plan, though I admit, we've never really tested it in a true medical disaster.

... and now you know why America, particularly Appalachia is so religious... that's all we can do... is pray... and pray hard buddy....

When the ultra-rich with their top hats and monocles stroll into town in their fancy awe-toe-moe-beals, I stand on the side of the road and be sure to do my little curtsy like a good little servant [0], bow my head, and give thanks for the crumbs... God knows they don't have to even give us those!

WORK HARDER! HUNDREDS OF BILLIONAIRES DEPEND ON YOU! :rofl:

[0] Sometimes I actually do this.... (I think it's illegal to actually shoot them a bird, so this is my passive aggressive way of doing so...)
In about ten years, President Ocasio-Cortez will make sure the US catches up with the modern world. :P :P :P (lighten up and take a joke, dudes)
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Even though we have the paternity leave available it appears that it is not universally popular so the take up has been quoted as low as 2%. The male stigma exhibiting its bias once again. Certainly not a vote winner.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
happykilt

Post by happykilt »

In Finland we have some paternity leave. Have a look on the official page:
https://www.kela.fi/web/en/paternity-allowance
and this:
https://www.kela.fi/web/en/parental-allowance