Difficulties with partners

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Difficulties with partners

Post by Sinned »

Thank you keystone and FFA for your positive remarks. I think that I'll stipulate that I be buried in that skirt ( or cremated in it ). keystone, I suggested knee length because it's a look that is universally good on 99.9% of men [0], it's long enough to cover that which should not be seen in public but short enough to generate interest!!!! But I have denim skirts as short as the ones Anthony wears but then, like him, I have the legs to accommodate such a skirt. Also knee length may be aesthetically more pleasing to YOH as being closer to shorts length as you said. Only a suggestion, mate, it's your call, after all.

I think that the skirt is more successful because it's a complex mix of materials but retains a woollen feel. It's lined and really has the feel and look of quality belying its Matalan origins. The actual label says Be Beau. A-line, size 16 and 16" to hem. I must admit that it does make me feel just that bit more chic.

[0] Unless they have really deformed calves in which case they are in the 0.1%.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I'm holding my breath but may have reached a good milestone with the wife.

It's been awhile since I've worn a kilt around the wife. Tonight I decided to wear my utility kilt while we are doing some heavy spring cleaning.
No change in voice tone, no remarks or comments negative or positive what so ever. Or change in mood.

I think she rather enjoyed it when she took the shop vac nozzle ran it up the back of my leg and let the vacuum nozzle stick to my butt.
She had that mischievous glimmer in her eye.
Maybe she is starting to like the idea of her man in a kilt.

I'm going to tread slowly, and keep you posted.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have no problem wearing a skirt around my wife. She understands that they are my choice for comfort and agrees they should be "allowed" by society. I wear a skirt nearly every day unless we are visiting with friends or relatives at home or elsewhere. She often tells me her opinion on which skirts for various locations. She has good taste for what looks good or appropriate.

It works both ways because I give her my advice on what to wear for which occasions.

She recognizes the discomfort of a crotch inseam.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

misha, you have to remember that you were around the house at the time. That, and her being with you when you go out are two different beasts. MOH is broadly accepting of my skirts around the house providing that I don't wear then "all the time" as she often accuses me of. But outside, never in her eyes, even though she knows I do, and never with her. I've accepted this situation and it may never change but .... miracules do happen.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

It's time for a update.
For years I have been telling you about my wife's total opposition skirts.

She might be coming around a little bit.

In the Last month. On two different occasions she has let me wear items that from the ladies department.
First incident, we were at a big box store, they had the Christmas clothing on clearance.
Specifically ladies Christmas turtlenecks.
At 2 dollars you cannot go wrong. She had scooped up several different ones for her. She looked at me and asked "you want one"
Huh??? I was a little bit in shock. She asked again.
I replied with disinterested "yes, I guess so"
Secretly I was considering coming back later on
To get one while she wasn't with me.
So we both have matching red Christmas plaid turtlenecks.

Second incident was with socks. Till now I have never bought or worn ladies socks, (I have tried leggings and tights, don't care for them, that's another story for another thread)
We had been at Costco, and my wife bought two, 4 packs of women's boot socks. Soft cotton blend.

They are variegated Color cotton , and come in assorted colors. One Light blue and white pair, one grey and white, and two black and white pairs.

I made zero comments about the socks, not really on my radar anyway. socks are socks pretty much. After we got home with them. She told me l could have the black and white ones out of both packs.

??????? What??????

We both have worn the socks several times, fairly good socks all in all. A few days ago I commented that "that was surprised she would let me wear them, knowing that she does not approve of some of my other clothing choices". She said that she felt that they were unisex enough that I could wear them.

While it's not an OPEN endorsement to skirt up, I do feel that she might be starting to open up just a tad.
Now I'm trying to decide how to proceed.
I don't want to torpedo the progress. And our marriage and happiness.

below is a picture of the shirt and one of the socks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Does the wife wear skirts dresses and not want competition ?
Or is it just pants - slacks - and shorts ?

You must both wear the same size in socks - women's sizing in socks is generally one smaller size number than men's
and may pose a constriction at the ankle - keep that in mind when buying socks - small socks don't fit large feet !

And YES those Big Box stores sure have some real bargains - membership has its advantages.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

r.m.anderson wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:00 am Does the wife wear skirts dresses and not want competition ?
Or is it just pants - slacks - and shorts ?

You must both wear the same size in socks - women's sizing in socks is generally one smaller size number than men's
and may pose a constriction at the ankle - keep that in mind when buying socks - small socks don't fit large feet !

And YES those Big Box stores sure have some real bargains - membership has its advantages.
I did some thinking and pondering. My wife wears skirts roughly 15% to 20% of the time.
And dresses maby 1% to 2 % of the time.

Since I started wearing kilts around her a few years back the percentage might have gone up.
Pre me wearing kilts, she might have just worn them on Sundays and formal events. Now I see her wearing them in the middle of the week.

I m certain it's not a competition thing.
She says I have nice legs. I have contemplated saying "all the more reason for me to wear skirts"
Some how I don't think that would go over well.

With her It has been the usual objections. the men don't wear skirts, It's a sin, it's effeminate, it's gay, it's a perv, it's you want to have a sex change thing.
While I have stressed my thoughts that it is none of the above, it falls on closed ears.

Yea most ladies socks look way too small. for my 10.5 men's shoe feet. Socks and leg wear Have never been a draw for me. While these socks are good, I doubt I am going to start a collection of ladies socks and leg wear. I love the freedom of bare legs.
The Costco socks were a little snug the first wearing. But relaxed fairly quickly. They are a fairly loose weave.

mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Friday July 17th
I went out kilted. I felt more "eyes" on me in the black watch kilt then when I wear my denim skort.
I feel more at home in the denim skort than a kilt, weird.

Ok on to the difficulties with partners.

Later that night after pushing my boundaries with out the wife. I decided to pick her up from work in my kilt. Something I have done at least a dozen times in the last 6 months. That was apparently the wrong thing to do.

She had a BDB ( Big D*m Blowup) about it.
The accusations about me wanting to be a woman.
Of course any arguments I tried to give her just fall on deaf ears. I admit I have expanded my wardrobe from skirts, cotton briefs and jeans and added some denim shorts recently. I guess she sees that as some kind of forward progression of me into woman hood.

My jeans and shorts are very plain.
I don't wear anything that has a designer look to them or embellishments.

If a denim skort is nearly invisible. Plain jeans or shorts have to be invisible. To everyone except my wife she has a real gift I guess.

I may wear women's jeans and shorts .
But I don't wear them like women. I wear them loose.
You ever notice most women in jeans look like their back side and crotch is trying to eat the inseam away.
A constant wedgie can't be comfortable.
Women tend to be self conscious about their bodies, and then they try to squeeze into the tightest of jeans.
I will never understand women.
Don't they know men are visual?
They are appalled If a man stares at them. That pig is starting at my______.
Yet a good majority squeeze into jeans, shorts, tops that scream look at my______.

If you wrap your chicken quarters in black plastic wrap.
It's still very easy to tell the breasts from the thighs.
Personally I'm a leg and thighs man. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

So I guess that makes me a pig in a skirt?!?!?
No, A pig in a skirt, with a wife I'll never understand!?!??!

In short men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Misha I empathise. Sigh! I don't understand my wife's attitudes at times. For at times, read never!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well... I suppose if everyone was fair and reasonable, the world would be very different.

I guess you fellas are just going to have to accept the way your wives are. Many of you have been posting here several years are still report strong opposition. After all this time, if she hasn't yielded yet, she's probably not going to at all in the furture.

I know wearing skirts is socially isolating, many friends and family find it as an embarrassment and don't want to be seen with you when you're wearing one [a skirt]. I guess I can see where they [the women] are coming from....

It's easy for Jenn and I because we have ZERO social life.

"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose..."
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

No difficulties here with MOH, in fact if you search my posts you’ll find she’s quite supportive :wink:
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Ok time for another update, last one was July of 2020.

While my wife still objects to my clothing preferences.
She still won't let me talk to her about it at depth in a reasonable way.

She doesn't say much any more about my kilts if I'm wearing them at home.

Awhile back I was wearing my traditional kilt with a black skirt underneath it. I do this to help add a additional layer and some addtional length in protecting my kilt from body sweat and oils.
I'm my opinion "dry clean only" clothes are stupid. What good is a garment if you have to worry about cleaning it, getting it dirty or wet?

Any way my kilt slid down in back to reveal the waist band of my plain black skirt.
The pithy comments and tone ensued. About me wearing ikky clothes. I must admit that is a new one. Ikky

No comment made will give her satisfaction or ease.
While she may not be as adamant as she was in the past. I tire of trying to raise a defence any more.

Some times I fear I will win the battle but loose the war.

I also feel like in the last few years I have developed growing resentment towards women. Tell me if this sounds healthy?

I have already caught myself getting angry at women out in public in jeans, t shirt, and with shorter hair.
And sometimes on occasion even a woman in a skirt. Mostly I just admire their skirt, occasionally
I see and like their skirt, so I think to myself, "I'd so wear that skirt, O wait I can't wear a skirt you can only wear a skirt if you are a woman.

Would you agree im in trouble?

If a skirt or dress is what makes you a woman and jeans and t shirt s is what makes a man.

Then the world is in trouble because there's not many women left if 90 percent of the population wearing pants.

In my skirts but loosing my sanity. Mishawaka skirt

STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Mishawakaskirt
Getting angry over something you cannot effect is futile and unhealthy too.
It would be really troublesome if you act on that anger.
Perhaps you should consider talking to someone other than your wife to explore how you feel and more importantly work out a strategy for dealing with it.
Good luck and take care.
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I get frustrated - but not at women themselves, mostly at society. It isn't THAT woman's fault, or them as a class of person, that we have limited choices (although a wife can be a blocker). It's society that has shaped our clothing choices and opinions thereof (so jointly both sexes). And honestly, if I was going to be angry at a class of person, it would be my fellow male. THEY are the ones that keep me from being myself, when it comes down to it. Which ultimately leads me to my own self as the culprit :D So then I just get upset with myself for being too much of a coward. At this point I just give up and detest the world :D
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

OK - It's time to tell 'my' story ;)

My wife wasn't to keen on me wearing skirts. Kilts were great :D
I started wearing skirts around the house. Then I'ld go out wearing
them too. One day, 'WE' went to an outside mall for some shopping.
I was wearing a dark green A-Line skirt with a complimentary shirt.

She was frantic but said, OK. She kept saying that she hoped we didn't
meet up with people we know. SURPRISE! :D We met the daughter of
a cousin, with her friends. We started talking and things were going
quite well.

My wife's nerves and her 'perceived' public reaction, she blurted out
'He's wearing a skirt' to the rest of our little group. They assured her
that they hadn't noticed and looked quite good on me, comfortable
too in this heat.

Well, from that day forward, she finally said 'I don't care what you
wear, just don't start wearing a bra'.

This occurred about 15 years ago. So, sometimes it takes a 'shocking
moment' to clear the air and relieve tensions.

Early last year, I developed some pain in my left breast. So, I figured
that, after I put pressure on the area with my hand - pain went away,
I started to wear a bra. In 30 days time, No More Pain. I've developed
a 'bust line' due, what I think is, a side effect of my medications.

For now, she doesn't realize that I'm wearing a bra, as she hasn't been
out of bed since December 31st, when she got home from the hospital.
Her mentality has not quite returned to what it was in 2019. She knows
that I'm caring for her and gets scared because she thinks she's dieing.
She is but the hospice people are really great with, and for, her.

I did the hospice care for my father-in-law but he lasted about 30 hours
before he passed (Late diagnosis stomach cancer).

So, being a caregiver, I don't get out much except for groceries and things.
I've started wearing very flowing, yet solid color, dresses and I wear a
squared off hem line men's shirt over the top. This has a fantastic cooling
effect on me.

Anyway, take your time with your 'partner' and they'll come around to
understand that the general public doesn't care what you're wearing,
as long as you're decent and color coordinated. :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)