Men in Traditional Summer Dresses

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jamesy

Re: Men in Traditional Summer Dresses

Post by jamesy »

Also in Australia, well at least three of us.
Please include me in the Aussie list! From Gold Coast.

Am for the first time ever wearing a dress. Wife is away for the weekend and she has a bag of clothes she no longer wants for me to take to the charity bin for her.

Curiosity got the better of me... one white stretch denim mini skirt which is too big for her but fits me perfectly. She's now a 12 was 14. I'm a 14! Don't think it will make it to the charity bin somehow...

The other a black dress. Had to try it on. No idea to describe it, sleeveless, handkerchief hem with longer side on left, with a huge split up the left leg. Have to say it feels great! Looks ok on, too. Surprised how tight the top is. Having worn skirts, I'm not surprised how comfortable it is. Would absolutely love to wear it in public. Never likely to get the chance to unfortunately.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

jamesy, I have started going for a walk at night around a local lake. It takes me about 20 minutes. Most of the walk is in semi-darkness/very gloomy. I've started wearing a different dress for each walk just to get used to a dress and to increase my confidence level. Is there anything similar that you can do?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I have a few dresses but only go marginally public in them. One is a long racerback which I wear often in public, but with a tee shirt or sweater over it, so I suppose it doesn’t look much different from any other long skirt. I wear my Betabrand long sleeve hoodie dresses only for winter walks on the beach.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

STEVIE wrote:Hi Wee Laddie
I disagree with your chum if she simply means that men in skirts are only good for a laugh, That has connotations of derision.
I certainly agree that some level of humour is vital when we challenge fashion norms as we do.
As for specific skirts for men, they are available at a price. A price which is quite absurd in my opinion.
Up until now, crossing the aisle has served me perfectly adequately and will hopefully continue to do so in the future.
As for growing popularity, that will be down to the serendipity and fickleness of fashion.
Steve.
I feel the lassie was referring to the " Crack " where we all laugh together....
this makes... Male Skirt Wearing ......great fun......the cause is lost if The Man in Skirts does not enjoy his skirt wearing activities