Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Fred in Skirts »

denimini wrote:I had many good chats and was one of the last to leave, grabbing some of the many left over cooked sausages - to freeze and curry at a later date (avoiding the messy frying part of the process).
We are no longer special enough to be made into news.... At least down under in Australia.

And I thought I was the only one to scarf up left overs at a BBQ to take home and freeze for later. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I got a bit of a chuckle today.

I stopped off at the Dollar General in town to get some laundry soap and look around. While standing in line to make my purchase, I couple of... what I would best describe as "white gangsta, redneck thugs" got in line with me, out of my peripheral vision, I noted them look my way and back off in a bit of an abrupt fashion (as though they might catch "the gay").

What was funny about it was their attire... These were white "20 somethings" dressed in a completely "thug" manner. The broad buff shoulders, one of those big caps that looks like it can swallow your head, turned backwards, chains hanging from their waist, pants exposing about 2 inches of their underwear, total "thug life".

What got me was what the one guy said to the other as they made an assessment of my appearance....

In this slack jawed redneck accent I heard "Eye down't dis wirl comin' to!"

Jesus, he sounded like my father.... Here is this gangsta thug... in "the hood" (Lebanon Virginia....) 20 years younger than I am, and he's complaining about the direction me... this... uh... "old?" whipper snapper is taking the world?

Man... he's to damned young to be ranting about the direction the world is going, the kid probably isn't even old enough to buy beer yet....

As I fully absorbed the juxtaposition, I had to bite my lip to keep from busting out in laughter.... :lol:

:rofl:

Damned 40 year olds... with their care free lives, their crazy clothes, their free love, their low cost auto insurance!.. baaaaah! :rofl:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Well spotted , Moon....we have them dressed in the same manner on the other side of the pond.
When they have done every thing else .....young b*ggers will be smoking next..............weeladdie
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

In the UK, those reversed baseball caps are known as IQ reducers.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

geron wrote:In the UK, those reversed baseball caps are known as IQ reducers.
So what is with this double visor cap - aye Sherlock ?

Deerstalker cap
deerstalkercap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

The Kids I have seen , wear a normal Baseball Cap , turned round so the peak is at the back of their heads.
When the cap is worn in this manner , the wearer can see where he has come from, ........
but cannot see where he is going..........L O L
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

An Old Deer Stalker is worn by a Retired Gentleman as a Party Piece , to start a conversation, ................
when he is out stalking Old Dears..................L O L
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they were standing with their legs bowed out like they just got off of a horse. Maybe it's to hold their pants up, maybe they just want the gals to think they've got more package than they know what to do with... I dunno!

:lol:

Alpha-morons.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I hate the cold weather . today it reached 40 f ran out to do some errands between the boots and the fleece lined tights I was pretty comfortable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

oldsalt1 wrote:I hate the cold weather . today it reached 40 f ran out to do some errands between the boots and the fleece lined tights I was pretty comfortable
Looks good.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That definitely works.

You got to 40? It barely cracked freezing here, and I'm not all that far away! I wound up wearing heavy tights and my bright red Mouse Works fleece skirt.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It'll be a balmy 54 deg in York today with 74% humidity. It's scheduled to rise to 57 deg on Sunday, low 50's most of next week and rising again to 57 deg the latter part of next week. Almost T-shirt weather. I said - almost. But definitely skirt weather with thick tights. And no, Tom, we ain't growing palm trees here - yet! Anyway, we're too far from the sea. Try Scarborough. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Hi All:

Just back from Barcelona. What a difference in weather compared to Boston!

Anyway I can conform that lots of WOMEN wear skirts there, saw no men, other than me.

I don't have a lot of photos available yet but I will update. Here is one at Park Guell.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I was in B&Q (big DIY store) today, wearing a just below the knee denim A-line skirt and black knee socks. One of the guys that worked there asked if I was wearing a utility kilt. I told him it was a skirt. He told me that he was Scottish and usually wore a kilt, and that he was going to wear it to work in the store. I'll have to go back now, just to see if he does :D
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Charlie,
Please do, I'd be really interested in the B&Q management reaction. I would guess that at least one other cafe patron would have a similar thought,
Steve.