Why Most Men Still Don’t Casually Wear Dresses

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why Most Men Still Don’t Casually Wear Dresses

Post by weeladdie18 »

Perhaps this explains the advent of the Wife Swapping Party in The Decade after the Swinging Sixties.......If one took the Wife to a Wife Swapping Party
and she preferred life as seen from the other side of the fence...then the Male was automatically barred from visiting further W.S.P.s.....L.O.L.

Some may consider this is Equal Sexual Rights under E.U. Laws............Bring on Brexit..........L.O.L.

I never had any say in the matter, as I never had a wife to swap.........If I am proud to dress as a ..." Man in a Skirt "...
and disappear into the crowd......" out on the street ...".......I am quite sure I will never be asked for my opinion on this sensitive subject....weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I read somewhere that the Victorians invented an automatic Male Chin Shaving Machine.......The male pushed his head into the machine
and automatically shaved his chin every morning.... Perhaps this infernal Victorian Machine was never perfected and resulted
in The Cult of the Male Skin Head Hairstyle..........

The Development and Perfection of Automatic Machines in The Victorian Industrial Era , was sometimes a hair raising job......

Gentlemen ,Please accept my apologies for my observations........L.O.L...............weeladdie
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

dillon wrote:
Advertiser to men:
Try and be less shitty...

Men reply: "Don't tell us what to do!"
I think the reply here is more one of:
"Don't call us shitty!"
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

crfriend wrote:
Sinned wrote:[...] Occasionally we agree to disagree and leave it at that. So we actually make it easy for the moderators, thank goodness.
It's a rare day that I occasionally don't sit back and reflect upon the cast of characters here and realise precisely how happy I am to be a part of it. One of the reasons I don't need to run the place with an iron fist (velvet glove or no) is that we're usually quite civil even if some of us have theories and ideas that are "less than popular" (I have several). I also don't run it with an iron fist because I enjoy hearing what the cast has been up to because the range of what we do and what our life-experiences are is vast and interesting. Be it Tom and his "knife-and-fork" work, Anthony way off in the Outback in scorching conditions, folks who sail, have a love for machinery, and generally do interesting things we are a very diverse group -- and to keep things rigidly on-topic about skirts only would cheat each and every one of us out of getting a vicarious look at what makes "men in skirts" tick.

So, thanks lads, not just for making the moderators' tasks light lifting, but for being here in the first place and for sharing.

To drift back to this topic at hand: "Why Most Men Still Don’t Casually Wear Dresses?" I think were asking the wrong question, because the answer to that question is, "Because most men still don't casually wear dresses.", which yields a circular argument. We need to come at it from a different angle. I'm just not sure from which way to mount an attack.
Fair comment...I feel that random drift in threads does cause us to further explore our thoughts relative to a specific thread line

By weaving in and out of a specific thread we tend to explore random subjects and try and explain their relevance to the central theme
of a single thread...

If I say that I personally do not attempt to wear a colour or style of skirt which I see a female wearing....I tend not to try a style of skirt which I see or read that
one of my friends is wearing in a different region....So if all the members of the café came to a party , It is unlikely that there would be any central theme
In their style of skirt or Kilt....The same would probably be said regarding the colour of the garment

How can it be suggested that the " Man in a Skirt " ...is dressed like a female in her skirt , as neither the style or colour are the same ?
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

If one is asked "Why are you wearing Girl clothes ? "
Ask your enquirer to show you the female out on your street who can be visibly seen to be dressed in the same manner as yourself ......weeladdie
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

This came to my in box the other day and I though it was pertinent to the drift....
:lol: :lol:
toxic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It's funny how quickly humour follows in the wake of some pivotal event. The quickest way that I find out that some famous person has died is when I receive a humourous e-mail or text about their death. These can even precede my seeing the article on a news broadcast.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote:It's funny how quickly humour follows in the wake of some pivotal event. The quickest way that I find out that some famous person has died is when I receive a humourous e-mail or text about their death. These can even precede my seeing the article on a news broadcast.
Starts off with "Best remembered by xxxxx" - use - relationship - association - benevolent - and any other adjectives that come to mind !
And sometimes with negative remembrances - which I won't go into.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

One serious issue is that if a man is wearing a skirt and the area of the skirt below his coat or jacket gets wet,
he can change into a spare dry skirt.....with a dress or male pop over tunic this is more difficult...

There will never be any agreement as to whether a man should wear a male dress style garment,.... a male tunic
or just wear a garment manufactured for the female of the species.

Out of routine I rarely even consider wearing one of my shift dresses......All the rest of my wardrobe is flexible
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I do feel that the male and the female choose their style of outfits from a different perspective ,.....so it is unlikely
that the male and the female will be seen in the same location in similar skirted or dress related outfits
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Fred in Skirts wrote:As I sit here typing this I am in a dress. A knee length black dress made from a knit cloth with a large pleat on the left side and a "V" neck It has short sleeves. It is very comfortable and fairly warm. The dress hangs just right. When I get cold I just get my heavy knit sweater and put it on.
This does take us back to outfits to wear indoors....perhaps different to the outfits we wear out on the street....
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

weeladdie18 wrote:I do feel that the male and the female choose their style of outfits from a different perspective ,.....so it is unlikely
that the male and the female will be seen in the same location in similar skirted or dress related outfits
My wife Meg and I sometimes are wearing fairly similar blue denim skirts. We both like things simple and practical on a day to day basis. Sometimes Meg is in the mood to be fancier, a mood I rarely share.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Thank you Jim ....a useful observation