The little joys of life...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Dottie

Re: The little joys of life...

Post by Dottie »

Waking up every morning.........
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Dottie wrote:Waking up every morning.........
Unless you're hung over...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

'Tis a good and worthy nose, and most definitely happiness is to be found in the company of cats.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Still being here and writing posts.
Fried liver and onions.
Reading that the Jews, Moslems and Christians in Israel actually agreed over a McDonalds.
Hope for humanity?
Steve.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

STEVIE wrote:Still being here and writing posts.
Fried liver and onions.
Reading that the Jews, Moslems and Christians in Israel actually agreed over a McDonalds.
Hope for humanity?
Steve.
Liver and onions at my house go straight to the dog bypassing the table. Can't stand liver except in liverwurst.

As far as McDonalds goes why would they really want one???? The only thing I ever liked from a McDonalds were their Fries and Ice Cream and they have changed them. They stopped using lard to fry the fries and what they now call ice cream is just white and cold with no flavor.

And why did the two religions and the theocracy have to agree with each other to have one there?
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

What are you all talking about?

The only thing I can find about regarding McDonalds and Israel is a story about folks being upset over nailing Ronald McDonald to a cross in some museum exhibit.

He has been named "McJesus" of all things...

I know this is dirty rotten of me... but...

... I'm sorry, I can't help but find this completely hilarious... :rofl:
Ronald_Mcdonald_810_500_75_s_c1.jpg
He's either stoned, or he's had a VERY rough day....

Or, it's that look when you just don't give a ----- anymore.... :alien:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

That effigy achieved in days what has been seen as impossible in Israel in 70 years. A consensus of opinion from most of the population and all thanks to Macdonalds.
The irony was that the artist said that it was sent to Israel without his permission. Such a pity that it won't last.
Steve.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Liver and onions at my house go straight to the dog bypassing the table. Can't stand liver except in liverwurst.
I had the same opinion until I tried the liver rare. Now I like it. Give it a try, at least if you eat beef rare.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Jim,
Yup, overcooked liver is not any kind of joy.
Actually, simply being able to eat for the joy of it is a blessing in itself. A bit like wearing a favourite skirt.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

STEVIE wrote:That effigy achieved in days what has been seen as impossible in Israel in 70 years. A consensus of opinion from most of the population and all thanks to Macdonalds.
The irony was that the artist said that it was sent to Israel without his permission. Such a pity that it won't last.
Steve.
So this is the same story? (Goes to show how much news I watch)

Welp, on that note, may there be peace in the valley.
-Andrea
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Jim wrote:
Fred in Skirts wrote: Liver and onions at my house go straight to the dog bypassing the table. Can't stand liver except in liverwurst.
I had the same opinion until I tried the liver rare. Now I like it. Give it a try, at least if you eat beef rare.
I have tried liver in all of it forms and in all states of doneness, and I still can't get it past the lips except as stated above.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
Jim wrote:
I have tried liver in all of it forms and in all states of doneness, and I still can't get it past the lips except as stated above.
You have obviously not seen a live liver fluke.  If you are going to eat liver, cremate it for safety and then add lots of onions to give it some taste and texture.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I wouldn't put liver as a joy of life, I never ate it for a long time after childhood experience; my mum would throw it into a frying pan until it resembled a cricket ball in size, shape and texture - which after much chewing, it was too dry to swallow.
Later in life I was offered liver "Lamb's fry as we knew it" cooked properly and I quite enjoyed it and have eated it since.
Not long ago when I was filling the car with fuel at my local depot the lady asked if I ate liver and when I said yes she came out with a fresh sheeps liver, still warm from no doubt the carcass I saw being carried when I was at the bowser. When I looked a bit awkward about receiving it, she thought better and returned with it in a plastic bag. It was a nice lamb's fry, cooked with onions and bacon in a bit of a gravy.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Yesterday I had a rather nice experience, definitely a one off. Early in the day I had a bad experience when there was a "clank" from inside my left foot followed by a lot of pain, no idea what it was but it hurts plenty. I decided to give the foot a hot soak in the bath to see if heat helped. While soaking I also decided to stick on a favourite album of mine, Meddle by Pink Floyd, which features the first Pink Floyd long track that I can just get lost in, a wonderful 23 minute piece called Echoes.
Anyway, the end result was being totally captured by the music, from the weird alien wailing bit through were the music slowly sidles back, through the second vocals bit, to the climax and gentle soothing tail off and fade out, while soaking in hot water, while a young cat next to my head played with the bath water and splashed me and another cat for some reason had decided to erm groom my hair (or lick my baldy bit, I couldn't figure out which). A strange but nice experience, if you don't know it, have a listen to Echoes, and no you can't have my cats!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

I think that it is time for me to take a stand on this liver issue.

But, the truth be known, I would rather stand un the liver than eat it.

If liver was worth eating, McDonalds would be selling Liver McNuggets
in their happy meals.

I now return you to your regular postings.