Hey guys

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Hey guys

Post by dillon »

I’ve been away a while. Is it alright if I check back in?

Dillon
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hey guys

Post by Freedomforall »

Welcome back! Where have you been?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Absolutely all right, Dillon! It's good to read you again. Hopefully the intervening time has been kind to you.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Dillon, I've missed some of your comments which have been food for thought. Welcome back and a Happy New Year ( belated ).
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Of course it is, Dillon! Good to see you here again!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I’ll be a little more restrained and diplomatic this time around. Besides, I think you-know-who is well on his way down the you-know-what. ‘Nuff said.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I will offer an update for my personal life. I retired from a 36 year career about 16 months ago, intending to continue in the private sector. Unfortunately I got a wake-up call as to just how worthless an older worker is in this country, despite the will and experience to add value in a business. But I am okay, having already reached the apex of disillusionment from our politics. We are financially stable and I will hopefully close on some new property to develop as a long term ag project. My kids are great and the youngest is headed toward college graduation coming up in May and already has a job waiting. My oldest will return from her PCV tour around the same time and head off to grad school.

Anyway I am trying to fully recover my health after falling off a ladder while cleaning up after Hurricane Florence. I managed to break all the bones in my right wrist and pull a tendon in my left leg. The wrist required a significant surgery and the installation of a steel plate and nine screws. Things are improving slowly but I suffered carpal tunnel nerve damage in my right hand and am left with a measure of numbness and tingling in my fingers. My leg has recovered aside from some persistent swelling at the ankle joint.

I’ve managed to preserve my marriage despite never fully getting my wife to see me in skirts in the same natural sense that they feel to me when I wear them. But I don’t go out nearly as much since the accident so my wardrobe has not had a lot of public exposure in the last few months. And I have so many skirts now that I have stopped shopping for anything new.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Dillon you lucky to be alive. Waiting around to heal is very frustrating, as if trying to gain support from a non-supportive spouse. I know as I had one. I did figure out after the fact, the issues were not so much about me as they were her own issues. Mainly these were insecurities and self esteem views. I imagine the fall you took has made contemplate deeply on her lack of encouragement for wearing skirts. Be well Dillon and remain steadfast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

You’re always welcomed at the Cafe Dillion! So glad to see you’re back.Sorry to read on another post about your fall. You’re in my prayers for good healing and health. Welcome Back! :thewave:
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Dillon
From one old dude, welcome back.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Good ti hear from you again! Welcome back man!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Good to see you're back (with the important apostrophe)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Thank you all for welcoming my return. I have found this moving, and consider you all as dear old friends!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Of course, I feel that way too. We have our occasional tiffs but since we're all in the sane category we manage to get along.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Dillon :!:

Welcome back :!:

I've been AWOL for awhile myself(Medical).

It's crappy getting old :rofl:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)