EVERY YEAR is the year of skirts for men

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: EVERY YEAR is the year of skirts for men

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Wonderful Electric wrote:I shared this because I find it funny that designers keep trying skirts for men year after year. It’ll never get men to wear with looks like this but they keep trying it. Celebrities have experimented too, and nothing has changed. Perhaps we, the peasant folk are the only ones who can make a difference.
It's a good share.
I will give the fashion designers a A for effort.
For putting skirts on men.

Now if they would get in touch with reality. Practical and inexpensive. I agree us "peasant folk" are the key in making a difference.
I was able to get two of my friends in kilts for a Ren fair. I ask them in 2017 they both turned the offer down, when I ask in 2028 they both said sure. Both times I ask I ask them separately as I did not want peer pressure to influence the decision in either direction. So time will only tell if they will choose to don a kilt again.

If you know your family and friends well there's the possibility of gifting a kilt, Longyi, sarong or skirt for a birthday or Christmas.
Curiosity might get the best of them. Guaranteed it will be a memorable gift whether they wear it or not.
Just be sure to get them the right size.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

mishawakaskirt wrote:Now if they would get in touch with reality.
What... are you trying to say that you don't think three foot hair bows will ever come in style?? :lol: :?:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I have no idea of proportion but off the peg skirts in general must outstrip designer garments by some margin.
Simply, we peasants outnumber the designers clientele by another.
The ladies don't get practical and inexpensive from the catwalk shows so we can't expect to either.
Just take a short walk to cross the aisle and take from their selection. It's cheaper and you won't have to wait forever and a day either.
The retailers will get the message when they can see some profit to be had, not sooner.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote:The ladies don't get practical and inexpensive from the catwalk shows so we can't expect to either.

Just take a short walk to cross the aisle and take from their selection. It's cheaper and you won't have to wait forever and a day either. The retailers will get the message when they can see some profit to be had, not sooner.
I think this nails the matter very handily.

Retailers are in the game to make money -- and they can be relentless in that pursuit. Like sharks [0], if they "smell blood in the water" they'll go into a frenzy; other than that they're just "big fish" [1].

[0] Except for the whale shark, which is a plankton-feeder.
[1] Yes, I know that sharks aren't technically "fish".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!