Hello from Chicago (Berwyn) Illinois USA

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Denny

Re: Hello from Chicago (Berwyn) Illinois USA

Post by Denny »

Actually, this color skirt looks much better than black.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Denny wrote:Actually, this color skirt looks much better than black.
Any skirt looks better than any (ugh) pants.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Yes, I think the skirt looks better on you than pants, but of course you can wear anything you want, that's the whole point of this board.

I am convinced that skirts are a better fit and look with the male body types. Also, since a skirt can be worn much higher on the waist, skirts simply are easier to keep up and adjust. Much more comfortable.
Denny

Post by Denny »

I'm finding that a below the knee skirt can be worn above my belly and it stays up well and comes above the knee.
I've got one like that and intend to get more. Wear a blouse over it and it looks great.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Denny wrote:I'm finding that a below the knee skirt can be worn above my belly and it stays up well and comes above the knee.
That's entirely dependent on one's own personal geometry. I find that if I try to pull one up past my waist it very quickly finds its way back there, and the ones that I have that are slightly smaller than I really require (blasted Asian sizing) they migrate upwards to my natural waist even if I very deliberately hang them on my hips.

As with anything else, YMMV ("Your Mileage May Vary" -- an obscure bit of verbiage that was the US EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) way of saying that their methodology for measuring fuel efficiency was cr@p.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Denny

Post by Denny »

You are right. My belly is bigger than my hips, so anchoring above my belly works for me.
I'm losing weight so hopefully I will get back having my waist smaller than my hips.
Then I can wear skirts the right way.
The other option is an asymmetrical skirt with the long side in back.
That way, my booty pulls the back up and my belly pushes the front down and I have something that won't expose me when I bend over.
Still experimenting, it's fun.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Denny wrote:I'm losing weight so hopefully I will get back having my waist smaller than my hips.
That can take a damnably long time -- just saying. I'd investigate the possibility of braces/suspenders in the meantime and hide them under a jacket or waistcoat.
The other option is an asymmetrical skirt with the long side in back.
The problem with those is that the difference between length-in-front and in-back can be exaggerated, and that won't work well either because you'll likely still have problems with the way the front hangs.

Offhand, I'd say find nice but moderately inexpensive skirts that fit comfortably around "the wide part" and stay that up with braces. The skirts can likely be taken in later on as the circumference shrinks, but in the meantime having the hard work of keeping the things up could fall on the stays from above.
Still experimenting, it's fun.
If it wasn't fun, I doubt any of us would be doing this.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Denny

Post by Denny »

You're right, I have the stays (suspenders in USA) so I will try that.
Denny

Post by Denny »

20190110_105302.jpg
The braces work great. This is a skort, with pockets in the pants underneath. So practical!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

That looks good and I like the top.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Thanks. It is a ladies blouse. Very soft and silky. I have several that look good on me, and much nicer fabrics that commonly available to guys.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yes I like the soft silky ones and I'm a sucker for velour or velvet. I have several camis and vests that come from t'other side. A favourite that I wear on a night time is a see-through top with a tie at the lower neck and long bell sleeves. It's just the sheer daring, decadence and comfort that's appealing. Patterned sleeveless tops are in my horizon but the pattern has to be right. So I can see where you are in style.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Right on!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Denny wrote:I'm finding that a below the knee skirt can be worn above my belly and it stays up well and comes above the knee.
I've got one like that and intend to get more. Wear a blouse over it and it looks great.

Aaaaayy.... that's what I do too! Right on man!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Denny

Post by Denny »

moonshadow wrote:

Aaaaayy.... that's what I do too! Right on man!
Now if I could just get up the courage to go out that way! Maybe when it gets warmer up here!!!