Earrings!

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Earrings!

Post by Caultron »

Rokje wrote:I have 3 holes in each earlobe and 1 in my left nostril...
Like, doesn't everyone's left nostril have a hole in it? And the same on the right?

(Sorry, just kidding, couldn't stop myself.)

I've been teetering toward getting my nose pierced for years but never quite gone over the edge. I suppose I should just do it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

jamodu wrote:My personal preference is for clip earrings (no piercing required). This is my Wife's preference too. They're not as common as stud earrings, but I've managed to collect a decent array of clip earrings in a relatively short space of time. I like to match them with necklaces to compliment whatever dress or skirt/blouse I'm wearing.

However, besides clip earrings, I also have a few pairs of magnetic stud earrings. Again, no piercings required - but they give the appearance of having pierced ears. Once in place, they stay in place.
I also prefer clip-on earrings as I'm no fan of getting any part of my body pierced. I've found that Sears.com has a decent selection of clip-ons and I've bought my fair share from there. I've been wearing earrings steadily on my skirt/dress outings for the last few months now, in fact, I don't consider myself fully dressed without them.

http://www.sears.com/search=clip%20on%20earrings
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Denny

Post by Denny »

I'm jealous of the pretty dangly earrings I see in the stores.
One of these days I'm going to just get the old ears pierced and wear some of those and who care what people think.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Denny wrote:I'm jealous of the pretty dangly earrings I see in the stores.
One of these days I'm going to just get the old ears pierced and wear some of those and who care what people think.
Go for it, but you'll get better results from an experienced piercer in a reputable piercing/tattoo shop than from some clerk in an earring shop in a mall or whatever.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Nope not for me. Not interested in anything that involves needles of any form, ink or surgery. I like my body unmodified, with the original amount of holes God made it with.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Caultron wrote:
Denny wrote:I'm jealous of the pretty dangly earrings I see in the stores.
Go for it, but you'll get better results from an experienced piercer in a reputable piercing/tattoo shop than from some clerk in an earring shop in a mall or whatever.
You have got that right about going to an experienced piercer rather than a mall shop where they use the GUN* method.
*Gun implement image attachment:
earring gun.jpg
? what is the GUN method - the starter earring is placed into what resembles a gun sort a 1 shot pistol - a mark is
placed on the ear lobe or other place of insertion - the gun is alined with that hole and the triggering mechanism is then
released the earring is punched (shot) through the ear and on the back side of the gun is a the small securing disk piece
holding the earring in place. If the gun is not held correctly an off-center hole is punched and the earring will sit lopsided.
Careless application by the Mall shop is common that is why the pro piercer is best used even more so when punching
holes in both ears and with multiple placements. Mass merchandising makes the Mall shops less expensive and perhaps
a great deal quicker - you guys if you have it done the price for one ear is the same as for both so get both done.
There is no longer the left ear straight - right ear gay - and both ears one mixed up bi-sexual individual. Maybe LOL !
Pirates seem to have had earrings since well forever but it wasn't until the 70's that this became rage especially among
the people in the entertainment world. For girls earrings are usually done when they are just out of diapers - more
piercing in their teen years. For guys the trend now is a rite of passage going into their teens.
I had my ears (both of them) pierced in September of 1981 and caused quite a tremor at work - fortunately I was not
in a customer contact position so the company had no leverage about dress code and the union said it was welcoming a
test case "Bring it On" ! I was advised that I could not use some of my benefits when traveling in public if wearing earrings.
The company was an airline and earrings (worn by men) would not be allowed using passes (free) transportation.
That too eventually blew over with all the equal rights laws and rules applications of employment.
The late 80's I started wearing kilts - was always careful not to wear earrings when kilted just sort of a respectful thing to do.
By the 90's was entertaining wearing skirts or more correctly skorts - I liked the idea of short shorts with an apron covering.
In 1995 I had a second set of holes punched above the lobes - so I could wear studs over hoops.
Still apply the self imposed rule of wearing kilts - no earrings - wearing skirts anything goes but keeping it conservative.
Don't fancy much with earrings anymore as they interfere with my hearing devices (aids).
The holes are still there and very much without issue - takes about 6 or so weeks of care after the starter earrings to keep the
holes open and without infections - occasional wearing recommended to keep the holes open without problems.

A nice novelty but at times a pain getting twisted in clothing or the event of loss being yanked out unexpectedly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

r.m.a, I have been wearing ear rings in both ears since the early 90's. I did both myself and did so because it was pre-internet and I had difficulty finding out which was the "gay" side so to be sure, both it was. I have had few problems over the years. The odd slight infection, maybe. Now every time I shower I take them out and change them for another pair. MOH has bought me loads from Avon and the stores such as ASDA or Primark. I don't do danglies and MOH thinks hoops, of which I have three pairs, are not OK so I respect her and don't wear them [0]. I like the gem studs or different small icons. I wear hearing aids and find that they don't interfere with my ear rings at all.

[0] At least when she's around.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

I have my left ear pierced, I have one beaded half hoop earring and my wife bought me a diamond studded one to change when I want. I usually leave it in all the time.