Thank God for Utilikilts!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Thank God for Utilikilts!

Post by r.m.anderson »

Daryl wrote:
Blackpassage wrote:At a christmas party the other night, i recieved a lot of positive comments on my ensemble. In particular, my use of leggings instead of socks. I was as if nobody had ever though of that before lol. I wore camo leggings with my beige kilt. The other thing is length. Mine comes to just the top of my kneecap, very conservitive in my view. I just cant stand fabric banging my knees all the time. I dont know what the big deal is over length, remember how short our shorts were in the seventies? Now guys seem almost to afraid to show their knees in shorts, let alone a skirt!
I remember how short girl's shorts were in the 70s, but not my shorts. Dunno why that is...

Top of kneecap "conservative"? Maybe way over there on the left coast...
I remember how short girl's shorts were in the 70s, but not my shorts.

Similarity to the men's basketball shorts circa the 50's a basic satin brief riding high on the thigh.
The current uniforms are satin pantaloons breaking just at the knee - talk about cumbersome athletic wear.
Sadly the modesty police just can't get it right in all sports - the Greeks had it right from the start !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

r.m.anderson wrote:
Daryl wrote:
Blackpassage wrote:At a christmas party the other night, i recieved a lot of positive comments on my ensemble. In particular, my use of leggings instead of socks. I was as if nobody had ever though of that before lol. I wore camo leggings with my beige kilt. The other thing is length. Mine comes to just the top of my kneecap, very conservitive in my view. I just cant stand fabric banging my knees all the time. I dont know what the big deal is over length, remember how short our shorts were in the seventies? Now guys seem almost to afraid to show their knees in shorts, let alone a skirt!
I remember how short girl's shorts were in the 70s, but not my shorts. Dunno why that is...

Top of kneecap "conservative"? Maybe way over there on the left coast...
I remember how short girl's shorts were in the 70s, but not my shorts.

Similarity to the men's basketball shorts circa the 50's a basic satin brief riding high on the thigh.
The current uniforms are satin pantaloons breaking just at the knee - talk about cumbersome athletic wear.
Sadly the modesty police just can't get it right in all sports - the Greeks had it right from the start !
Indeed. Naked Ice Hockey should be an Olympic sport.
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Now Daryl, you are cruel. That could be really painful on parts of the anatomy! Still shrinkage to the extent that everyone would look the same would take place! Oh, dear, that's an image I don't want at this time of night. I wonder where Santa is now?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Sinned wrote:Now Daryl, you are cruel. That could be really painful on parts of the anatomy! Still shrinkage to the extent that everyone would look the same would take place! Oh, dear, that's an image I don't want at this time of night. I wonder where Santa is now?
We North Americans rely on NORAD for that information. Volunteers take time away from tracking airborne security threats and use the facilities to track Santa; an unintended benefit of the cold war. https://www.noradsanta.org/

At the time of posting he was in Texas.
Daryl...
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Merry Christmas, all!

I’ve got my wife’s family staying. Eleven of us. No problems! I’ve been in my Black utilikilt all day - white top, ankle socks. Even walked my dog in it. I love it!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Ray wrote:Merry Christmas, all!

I’ve got my wife’s family staying. Eleven of us. No problems! I’ve been in my Black utilikilt all day - white top, ankle socks. Even walked my dog in it. I love it!
Excellent!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Just to clarify. I was wearing the utilikilt, not the dog. That would just be silly...
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Ray wrote:Just to clarify. I was wearing the utilikilt, not the dog. That would just be silly...
I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a dog.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Because it’s silly :D
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote:I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a dog.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Mark Twain
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!