A most encouraging compliment for all of us

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

A most encouraging compliment for all of us

Post by Freedomforall »

We were returning from a trip the other day. We caught a bus from the Nashville airport to fetch our car. The lady driving the bus almost fell out of her seat when she saw the kilt I was wearing. This instigated a conversation. Except for telvision, she said she had never seen a man wearing a kilt or skirt in person. She exclaimed it was so nice to see a man wearing a skirt/kilt as she was tired of just seeing women wearing them. She expressed a desire to see more men wearing them as it was a nice change. I told her about skirts being more anatomically correct for men and she blushed but totally agreed. She seemed very sincere in her statements and expressed gratitiude for having seen something out of the norm.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A most encouraging compliment for all of us

Post by r.m.anderson »

Men wearing a kilt or the skirt are conversation starters - either in an outward sense upfront or
behind ones back - Did you just see what I thought I saw - what's the world coming to ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

r.m.anderson wrote:Men wearing a kilt or the skirt are conversation starters - either in an outward sense upfront or
behind ones back - Did you just see what I thought I saw - what's the world coming to ?
I've been complimented on my tush before in one of my tighter ensembles which felt good :wink: I guess even kilts are quite a rarity but it is nice to stand out as different :)
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

I was walking on the beach the other day wearing my short red kilt and plain white golf shirt. A small group of African guys came up to me and complimented me on the way I was dressed and also said that they had seen guys in kilts only on TV and it was so nice to see one in real life, then asked if they could take pictures with them, I agreed and a few pics taken. :D
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I was walking on the Cornish Cliffs wearing The Kilt a couple of months ago .
A lady visitor who was originally from Nigeria asked if she could stand beside me and
have her photo taken with me by her husband.

She was very interested in the Kilt and enquired if there was any truth in the story of what goes on
under the Kilt. I replied that I was unable to discuss the matter with charming married ladies.
I informed her that as a compromise I would show her what was under my Kilt Jacket
She was very pleased to see the label on my inside breast pocket...." Made in Scotland "
She returned to her husband with a big smile on her face.
KellyRain

Post by KellyRain »

I wore a red tartan kilt to our cafe on Saturday night to help my wife out with an event. I thought I might shock the more conservative audience at this event, but to my surprise I ended the night with two very friendly lady fans. I have not been flirted with that much in years. My wife was having a great time watching me be so uncomfortable. She loves awkward humor and Wes Anderson films so this was priceless for her.

I did not expect conservative 40 something fashionable Japanese ladies to go nuts over a guy in a skirt. I'm not that popular usually since I don't fit the ideal foreign guy stereotype that is popular with that age group. But the kilt seems to change that dynamic rather dramatically.

So kilt up guys, the ladies like this more than you may think.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

KellyRain wrote:...So kilt up guys, the ladies like this more than you may think.
Not all, in my experience, but some, definitely.
Sadly, of course, that spouses so often appear to be in the non-liking group.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron