My second try at a manly skirt outfit

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My second try at a manly skirt outfit

Post by Dust »

Dick Ackerman wrote: The only thing I might do is scrunch the socks down but that is simply my personal preference.
That is my preference as well, either that or socks long enough to cuff just under your knees, kilt style. Great for warmth in wintertime.

I would also say that the rights are unnecessary, unless you'd be cold otherwise. Don't think just because you are wearing a skirt means you need to hide or eliminate leg hair. That is especially true if you are going for a more masculine style.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Sinned wrote:A vast improvement.
Captain Contrary here :-) I think your look #1 from your earlier post wins hands down!

algie

Post by algie »

Dust wrote:
Dick Ackerman wrote: The only thing I might do is scrunch the socks down but that is simply my personal preference.
That is my preference as well, either that or socks long enough to cuff just under your knees, kilt style. Great for warmth in wintertime.

I would also say that the rights are unnecessary, unless you'd be cold otherwise. Don't think just because you are wearing a skirt means you need to hide or eliminate leg hair. That is especially true if you are going for a more masculine style.
By way of explanation..... I like the bit of visual interest you get with a bit of sock cuff above the shaft of the boots, and the sock cuffs match the cuffs on my sweater !

And then the tights..... I have hideous legs with bad veins, scars and various other defects. I agree that opaque tan tights might not be to everyone’s taste. I may try the same sort of thing again with thick black or gray tights. It’s a bit chilly here in Ontario for bare legs.

Algie
algie

Post by algie »

FranTastic444 wrote:
Sinned wrote:A vast improvement.
Captain Contrary here :-) I think your look #1 from your earlier post wins hands down!

Thank you Fran

Algie