HELP PLEASE

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
GeoD

HELP PLEASE

Post by GeoD »

I'm a male who loves wearing skirts , I have not yet ventured outdoors in just a skirt , whilst I have pantie girdles I would also like a FULL pantie Corselette or a Body Shaper Control Girdle Corselette [ I have a little tummy bump] and unsure what to go for and wonder if you guys can help, I'm in NW UK.
Last edited by GeoD on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: HELP PLEASE

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Geod
Try a good foundation garment supplier or even Marks and Spencers.
We try not to make a specific discussion about underwear in the cafe.
It will put us off the lattes.
Steve.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Since you did not say where you are it would be hard to suggest any on place to shop.
So my suggestion would be let Google look for you. Then you can have many places to choose from. Normally under garments are off limits here at the cafe and could cause pain and suffering with our glorious moderators. So if you need more advice please feel free to PM me and I will do what I can to help you.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
GeoD

Post by GeoD »

PLEASE accept my apologies, to much information, I have corrected this now and hope this is acceptable.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

For all the fearsome reputation the moderators seem to have, they don't usually bite -- at least at first.

What it sounds like is that you need a bit of help in "getting over the hill" of putting a skirt on and then heading out into the wide world -- and that can be a large hill to surmount. However, here you'll find the stories of more than a few guys who have mastered that -- "conquered the fear" and whatnot -- and for whom skirts are as much a natural part of their wardrobe as trousers.

In general, the fist thing you'll need to face is your fear of the matter -- and in this it's worth recalling that fear is very frequently irrational and unfounded. If you can, identify what your fear is, define it succinctly, and see if you can stare it in the eye and make it go away. Fears, once identified and contemplated rationally, frequently have a tendency to conveniently go away on their own. More pernicious ones take concerted conscious effort. Then there's the battle for acceptance by one's closest circle: friends are by far the easiest; the toughest nuts to crack are our intimates -- family, significant others, and the like -- and, sadly, sometimes that never happens. But, by all means, ask yourself, "Why am I frightened or hesitant?" The answer may be illuminating.

As far as having a bit of a gut goes, I suspect many of us do, and I suspect that more than a few of us don't much worry ourselves over it unless there are overriding reasons (like physical health). The main issue with the matter is finding skirts that actually fit, and that's where the devil lurks -- in the details.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

Besides the Marks & Spencer option of a full-body Corselette (£35), the cheaper/budget option is to buy Marks & Spencer Firm Control Pants (£10). A 'Light Control' version is available too.

The latter can flatten-out the male anatomy, and/or, if you are carrying extra weight, will flatten-out that too - more so compared to a Corselette.

Cheaper still, M&S have recently introduced ‘Shaper Shorts’ (£6) - that look like the ‘control top’ element of Tights.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I was in the local marks and sparks ladies department in my skirt as a man in a skirt recently.
The female assistants are very helpful to male customers.

As you are a newbie ,I would suggest that you put on a collar and tie and head into the
Female foundation department with a tape measure in your pocket..

When you have seen what you are looking for ,just stand there...A charming lady will ask you if
she can help you.....explain your requirements and clarify that you need the garment for yourself.

When she asks you what size you are... show her your tape measure and say " This might help ".

Ask her if you can try the garment on and clarify the return and refund date if the garment is
not suitable. ....look smart and you will get good service.

M & S are issuing discount vouchers at present ..normal unused returns are early january...so do not
take the price labels off the goods or loose your receipt until you are fully satisfied.

Head for the food hall and see if you can find single portion Christmas puddings ..less than a minute
in a micro wave...Top with sugar and brandy ...light the brandy.

On a serious note , any ladies outfitter may or may not be able to help you.....their doors are
open for trade.....If you read my " Wearing a Skirt To Church " posts , you will see that you
will be on a steep learning curve until you find the garment which fits your measurements
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

With our male shape many of us have chosen to wear skirts with elasticated waists or stretchy
Acrylic Skirts. ....Try any of the big stores or supermarkets. T U at Sainsbury s are an interesting range this year ..follow the charity shop thread for bargain price goods ...........all good fun....weeladdie
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

weeladdie18 wrote:I was in the local marks and sparks ladies department in my skirt as a man in a skirt recently.
The female assistants are very helpful to male customers.

As you are a newbie ,I would suggest that you put on a collar and tie and head into the
Female foundation department with a tape measure in your pocket..

When you have seen what you are looking for ,just stand there...A charming lady will ask you if
she can help you.....explain your requirements and clarify that you need the garment for yourself.

When she asks you what size you are... show her your tape measure and say " This might help ".

Ask her if you can try the garment on and clarify the return and refund date if the garment is
not suitable. ....look smart and you will get good service.

M & S are issuing discount vouchers at present ..normal unused returns are early january...so do not
take the price labels off the goods or loose your receipt until you are fully satisfied.

Head for the food hall and see if you can find single portion Christmas puddings ..less than a minute
in a micro wave...Top with sugar and brandy ...light the brandy.

On a serious note , any ladies outfitter may or may not be able to help you.....their doors are
open for trade.....If you read my " Wearing a Skirt To Church " posts , you will see that you
will be on a steep learning curve until you find the garment which fits your measurements
Whilst on the subject we skirt around, most shops will not accept returns of such under garments for hygiene reasons. Ebay may be better as you find your ideal size (most likely the same as your skirt size), high waisted or tummy control briefs are comfy... It doesn't really matter as the aim ideally is for no one else to see them, except for uncrossing your legs or exiting a car or low seat, depending on the skirt style :oops:
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Kilty ,Thank you for quoting me...Please note that I have stated that the customer should ask the
assistant the relative questions.. May I qualify your post by clarifying that the sizes quoted on EBay
may not be the measured size of the customer. ...I would agree that Ebay would be unlikely
to offer returns and refund on undergarments, so there is perhaps little to be gained by shopping
in that manner. However the O.P. may consider your alternative recommendation regarding the
type of garment best suited to his requirements......Perhaps some photos of your suggestions
might prove helpful.....I trust you are aware of the rules of this forum.............weeladdie.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

Yes, you will have a few false steps in getting sizes right. Thanks to this BB I found many cheap alternatives, such as uniform skirts, Scrubs, stretch denim and tights and these are easily available at a woman's department. Another alternative is the used clothing stores (Thrift Shops), sites like Poshmark, and Ebay. If you buy cheap enough, you can absorb a few mistakes in sizing. Poshmark usually the sellers show the tape measure lying flat , and you can just double it. Once you know your size it isn't too hard to branch out.

Not sure if I ever mentioned it, this is a great BB!
Last edited by lazerr on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

weeladdie18 wrote:Kilty ,Thank you for quoting me...Please note that I have stated that the customer should ask the
assistant the relative questions.. May I qualify your post by clarifying that the sizes quoted on EBay
may not be the measured size of the customer. ...I would agree that Ebay would be unlikely
to offer returns and refund on undergarments, so there is perhaps little to be gained by shopping
in that manner. However the O.P. may consider your alternative recommendation regarding the
type of garment best suited to his requirements......Perhaps some photos of your suggestions
might prove helpful.....I trust you are aware of the rules of this forum.............weeladdie.
I can't put such on the forum, but I am sure OP can figure out what is best for him along with skirt length, material, style etc :D
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Well done my friends , I am sure we have given our O.P. food for thought....weeladdie