Wearing A Lady 's Trousers

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing A Lady 's Trousers

Post by STEVIE »

Speak to a few females and you will find that they prefer guy trousers, most particularly jeans.
It has been said wear what you like, it really is quite simple.
Steve.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Why are we worrying about women's trousers any way we wear "SKIRTS HERE AT THE CAFE!" :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Fred :mrgreen:

Seriously though, when I first came to this site I was thinking primarily of skirts, but for some reason (maybe just the turn of the seasons) I'm much more interested in fresstylin' right now.

Whilst the breadknife is serving up dinner, here's the pics that I referenced in my earlier response last night. I think that these are looks that would work on a guy. In fact, as I left work tonight I saw a guy wearing something like this

with skinny black jeans and a leather jacket. Not quite what I had in mind, but very similar to the sort of an outfit that a woman might wear.

weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

The Boots , trousers and check shirts are a popular female fashion in S W Cornwall this autumn.

Check and tartan trousers are also on the rails in the shops , but there are not many out in the wild.
Last edited by weeladdie18 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

In the "I wore heels for a day" video I linked to in this thread, I like the look of the male (drainpipe?) trousers with his selected shoes.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

@Frantastic444. I do not look womankind like you. But I wear "men" as well "women" clothes. Such trousers, shirts and even shoes. I don't mind what people. Okay I hope people will like it. And hear often compliments. For me, it's primary do I like the clothes. Yes, I wear it. And not every garment(? kledingstuk) I like, I will wear. It has to be clothes that belongs to me.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I would like to thank my friends for their individual contributions to my thread. My thoughts are that
many females cannot fit into male trousers and many males cannot fit into female trousers.
The whole idea of crossing the isle exists in the world of trouser wearing.

Originally Greta Garbo wore her slacks as a suitable garment to wear for climbing over film setts
in " slack " periods between film shoots........Amelia Arehart (? ) "The First lady of the Air " found her
"trousers " a more practical garment to wear as an aircraft pilot.......Princess Elisabeth wore her
trousers as part of her uniform as female driver / mechanic during her war service in
the British Army..... The story of the female in trousers continues into our current observations as
" Men in Skirts " out on the street.... ..

I am personally an extremely cross dresser when I am wearing my Traditional Scottish Kilt
and it has been suggested that I am wearing a skirt.

I am also curious as to why those who should know better insist that I am wearing a Kilt .....
when I have crossed the isle and I am wearing a skirt ...... carry on skirting ............weeladdie
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Fred, women's trousers come under the category of freestyle fashion so therefore are a legitimate topic. In a similar vein to women's tops and you didn't complain about the threads devoted to them. Just because YOU, and some others, don't wear trousers any more doesn't mean that others of us here don't. Anyway for those that do wear trousers we're passing on our experience of how much better cut, finer materials and more comfortable they are than men's trousers. And it's nice to learn that others share the same viewpoint. So there! Blows raspberry.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

I have 2 pr of ladies elasticated waist trousers. Far superior to men's stuff. Warmer, stretchier, softer and more colourful. With one exception- very few have pockets.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:Fred, women's trousers come under the category of freestyle fashion so therefore are a legitimate topic. In a similar vein to women's tops and you didn't complain about the threads devoted to them. Just because YOU, and some others, don't wear trousers any more doesn't mean that others of us here don't. Anyway for those that do wear trousers we're passing on our experience of how much better cut, finer materials and more comfortable they are than men's trousers. And it's nice to learn that others share the same viewpoint. So there! Blows raspberry.
:silenced: Sends big kiss back!!!! :hide: :rofl: :rofl:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote:The other day at the GoodWill I tried on a pair of women's skinny Jean's just for the hell if it.

They actually fit really good on the legs, and comfortable as far as that goes....

The waist came just above my hip, right over the curvature of my butt. I was able to fasten and zip the fly, but there was NO ROOM for the manhood. Standing upright was tolerable, but when I tried to sit I felt the squeeze.

The pants themselves looked nice I think, but I was just too top heavy. Though I have lost about 15 lbs, I still have a little bit if a belly. I looked like a potato on toothpicks.

I think I'll stick with more fuller skirts to even my body out.

If I want pants, I'll just stick with mens.

Nice never knew you tried any on.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thank you Fred. And Moon, you never knew the pleasures of skirts until you tried them so I go with Jenn on this. The material is softer, the fit better and generally an overall improvement on men's kecks. Go on, you know you want to - listen to your wife. If she's anything like mine, she's right 99% of the time.[0] I dare ya!

[0] Even when she's wrong!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Sinned wrote:Thank you Fred. And Moon, you never knew the pleasures of skirts until you tried them so I go with Jenn on this. The material is softer, the fit better and generally an overall improvement on men's kecks. Go on, you know you want to - listen to your wife. If she's anything like mine, she's right 99% of the time.[0] I dare ya!

[0] Even when she's wrong!!!!

I’m not always right I’ve been wrong several times but I think skirts are a better fit for Moon . Unless he intends to go back to trouser wearing either way I’ll love him regardless of what he wears.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:Like a growing number of men, I find women's jeans to be more comfortable than men's.

I had read that a few times and didn't believe it till I tried it. Because it's a lighter grade of denim and usually with at least 5% spandex or elastane, they fit my bottom and don't put my manhood into a fabric vice. All around, they fit better and are more comfortable. I've had great luck with Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda cut jeans. For skinney jeans, Levi's new line also worked very well.

Finally, for dressier occasions I recently bought suit separates at JC Penneys, a skirt, Perfect Trouser and a jacket and when I wear the jacket and pants, friends haven't recognized it as a woman's suit until I brought it to their attention.
That women's jeans are more comfortable than men's jeans. That is also my experience. My body often fits very well in women's sizes. Maybe I have slightly broader shoulders. But for the rest is very well with the standard sizes. I am not that big and slim. And I also have relatively small feet.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

I agree that Hip Hugger pants, both men and women tend to ride below the belly, and that is uncomfortable. Pulling them up causes the obvious other comfort problem. Since women's pants have no allowances below, as it isn't needed, it can be worse than men's pants.

So, while they might be softer, and they are likely to be a little stretchy, women's pants just can't beat a skirt for comfort, and looks if you have a bit of belly.