Interesting Guy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting Guy

Post by Mark as in Mark »

john62 wrote:My sister has had both half knee replacements, main cause high heel wearing for 30 yrs.

John
My Dad had both knee replacements as well. He never wore high heels. :shock: I don't think high heels can be the main reason for your sisters knees. I would think more ankle problems or foot arch problems be attributed to wearing high heels for 30 years. I have bad knees as well, thus is one reason I do extensive legs and weight training at the gym 3 days a week and I have been wearing high heels (normally 4") daily for 18 months now and my knees feel better than before. :?
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Sinned wrote:Apparently, because the heels are raised above the arch of the foot the muscles in the calves shorten so that when flats are worn the muscles stretch and are sore. It probably doesn't happen over a month or two but after years of continual wearing of heels ....
Exactly, that's why I walk on the treadmill at the maximum angle (uphill) to lengthen the calve muscles almost every evening after wearing heels all day.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

My sister's surgeon was quite sure it was the heels, the other major cause is the results of sporting activities which my sister does not do and has never done.

John
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

I wore this blue and yellow tartan skirt for my birthday party late last summer. The skirt is way to short (at least for me) and tight, but the wife gave it to me as an early gift and asked that I wear it for the party. Who am I to argue? I found it a bit uncomfortable worrying about exposing my back end most of the night and making sure when sitting I wasn't showing the color of my underwear. :) At least it was stretchy and would stay close to my legs. Some of my male friends and work colleagues made whistle calls every time I would walk by. All in good fun. A friend of my wife, who we see almost daily told my wife she didn't realize just how sexy my legs were. :oops:

Not sure if I would ever wear this skirt out shopping or anywhere for that matter....
IMG_5537.jpg
IMG_5531.jpg
IMG_5536.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Mark how do you keep your legs so athletic in appearance?
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Freedomforall wrote:Mark how do you keep your legs so athletic in appearance?
I was a semi pro bike rider years ago that may have toned them somewhat. I now go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I usually just do leg and glute exercises. Very few arm or chest workouts. I concentrated more on the glutes when I started wearing skirts as I wanted a nice rounded butt. Vain, huh? Besides the legs staying toned and strong, one of the benefits is that my back has been pain free since then as well.

lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

This set of pictures demonstrates why men should wear skirts. Nice atheletic appearance, very nice look. The skirt is a bit short, but if my wife bought me one of those I'd have to wear it..!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mark as in Mark wrote:I wore this blue and yellow tartan skirt for my birthday party late last summer. The skirt is way to short (at least for me) and tight, but the wife gave it to me as an early gift and asked that I wear it for the party. Who am I to argue? I found it a bit uncomfortable worrying about exposing my back end most of the night and making sure when sitting I wasn't showing the color of my underwear.
I can see where you'd find that a bit short; so would I. But others here have worn shorter and you can always wear black underneath, all in pursuit of domestic tranquility.

Did your wife deliberately buy it so short or did she just like the pattern or something?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mark as in Mark wrote:I was a semi pro bike rider years ago that may have toned them somewhat. I now go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I usually just do leg and glute exercises. Very few arm or chest workouts. I concentrated more on the glutes when I started wearing skirts as I wanted a nice rounded butt. Vain, huh? Besides the legs staying toned and strong, one of the benefits is that my back has been pain free since then as well.
I've gotten a few compliments about my legs as well, and in my case I think it's because of all the hiking I do. And I think the developed strength in my calves and ankles makes it easier to wear heels as well.

Funny, though, I never used to get leg compliments in the days I wore shorts...
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I also noticed the benefits of biking. In the Netherlands, almost all are using bikes. The infrastructure is extremely well adapted to biker needs. I did a lot of multi week vacations in western Europe. When you are 6 to 8 hours riding per day, your area from the thighs to the lower back becomes well developed. For years the normal jeans were too tight around the thighs. Biking is not doing much for the calves but hiking is taking care of that. I miss those days that you could start your trip on the flat Dutch country side and gradually work your way up to the French Alps. All with a 30 pound load on your bike. ;)
Dia0878qq.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Yup, cycling works for me too. Gets the legs toned.

I’m being told by my wife that I’m not allowed to have another bike. But I’ve only got four!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Beachlion, that’s one of the higher passes. I’ve not done any yet but Alp d’Huez and Ventoux are on my bucket list. I’ve done Majorca’s Sa Calobra - that’s fabulous fun - but not when you have to climb two passes just to get there. 92km of riding saw me climb 3,400m!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Mark,
Interesting. In that first pic. you look remarkably like an Oscar.....you know the little statuettes they give out to World-class film impresarios like me each year....A perfect physique scantily clad!

I'd never feel comfortable in a rig like that. Fun for the photos, though.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Impressive road sign, BL. We don't have any at that sort of altitude here in Ireland. To get there on a bike was impressive, too! Bet you weren't wearing a skirt!
However, I thought I'd compete in an Irish way, first with one seen near my birthplace, Monasterevin, then another to glance at as you speed by a 60MPH!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Mark I was a bicycle cop for many years and averaged 10 to 15 miles a day. It does incredible things for legs muscles, but it killed my knees. I suffer a lot of arthritis from it now. You look awesome!