Zara selling skirts for men

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Zara selling skirts for men

Post by hairy »

Just like most you I can't see point is this over trousers, so WHY can't they put a picture of it on internet without those trousers.

I now have too many skirts,
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

No one can have too many skirts!!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Indeed not, but you can have too many pairs of trousers under your skirt!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

skirtyscot wrote:Indeed not, but you can have too many pairs of trousers under your skirt!
Wearing trousers under a skirt is against the laws of mother's nature!!!! It just shouldn't be done. And those who do it are not true skirt wearers in my opinion. ( and opinions are like butts everyone has one ). :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

The dreaded PANTS trousers slacks jeans etc. NEVER worn under skirts dresses or kilts.
Tights leggings and hosiery acceptable with/under extraordinary weather conditions !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

K_Highlander wrote:How long is the Zara wrap skirt? Looking for something longer for winter.
Thanks
It's about 26 inches long.
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

K_Highlander wrote:How long is the Zara wrap skirt? Looking for something longer for winter.
For me, it’s about an inch below the knee.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

r.m.anderson wrote:The dreaded PANTS trousers slacks jeans etc. NEVER worn under skirts dresses or kilts.
Tights leggings and hosiery acceptable with/under extraordinary weather conditions !
May I point out that i.e. the Pakistani dress often is with trousers.
Furthermore I guess that Zara uses it, in order to lessen the threshold for those who still have to discover this forum.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

I'm interested in buying this Zara skirt, but it looks like they only have "Large". I'm concerned it will be too big as I am 5'7". Normally I wear a 14 pretty well, but medium and large sort of muddies things.

Any comments on the fit? Maybe I'll wait until they get more mediums. (Just realized, they actually sold out of a size!)
Rolando

Post by Rolando »

Lazerr, I ordered a medium size last week and picked it up from store yesterday.
I usually wear size 12 (UK), have a 33 inch waist (at naval level). Taking deep breaths, I just managed to do up the buttons - will have to make sure that I don't up on anymore weight! So if your waist is over 33 inches, I guess a large should fit you.
I've just measured the length at 59cm/23.5 inches - I have short legs, the hem hangs about 2 inches below my knee caps.
Someone was put off, by the skirt being described as having an asymmetric hem. I think this is just Zara covering themselves in case someone complains about the hem not being of equal length. I certainly wouldn't describe it as asymmetric. It's wrap skirt, all my other wrap skirts are the same - the overlapping flap hangs about half an inch lower than the rest of the hem - I guess this is what wrap skirts do.
I hope this helps.
Pete
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

This helps a great deal. I guess it is usually better to go a bit up in size rather than too tight. Too loose and too long can be fixed, though it is better when it fits right off the rack.

Thanks
KellyRain

Post by KellyRain »

I have this skirt. Got the only one that was made available at the Shinjuku, Tokyo main Zara. Online had them but they sold very quickly. But I have not seen anyone out in one yet.

Sizing runs large by local standards. I had to add new buttons to have it fit properly. It is very plain so it can go dressy. The length is very much like a kilt. I think it is a good start for Zara. Their great skirt last year never came to Japan so couldn't get one, but this one was a nice find.
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

O’Nortonkilt from L’Association des Hommes en Jupe wrote about this skirt (in French).
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

For anyone who may still be interested... I notice that this skirt is now listed as a sale item on Zara's UK website, at the alluring price of £9.99. It was previously £29.99.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi All,
This rather illustrates the retail status of the manskirt. I don't know the original retail price but at £29.99 it would appear perfectly affordable.
That would not have appeared to have moved the stock and it is now £9.99, alluring, certainly.
However, less profitable and the question will be whether Zara will repeat the experiment.
Bear in mind that retailers are perfectly aware of our spending habits. They know that cross-aisle purchasing goes on in both directions.
If the shop knows that I will spend £xx on a skirt from one side, they will not go to the trouble and expense of sending it across for me.
Profit is the key, the bottom line, we shall see manskirts in the shops when their bosses can see a return from manskirts in a currency of your choice.
I know this is dire and not optimistic but I do have some background in the sector too.
Steve.