A couple of points regarding Pinterest

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

A couple of points regarding Pinterest

Post by FranTastic444 »

I love spending time on Pinterest. I enjoy taking a look at the skirting pics there and I save any images that I find of interest. I sort of see it as homework / preparation for the day (should it come) where I'm in a position to resume buying and wearing such garments.

One user I've found of great interest is Skirted Man. He has over 5k pins (which plays havoc with my browser memory once you get many pages into the board), but there are some really interesting ones in there that I've not seen elsewhere. Not sure if SkirtedMan is a user of Skirtcafe? I believe that the individuals behind the Pinterest accounts named Keystone and Nobody Much frequent this board - any more?

A long shot here. I was looking at Pinterest a couple of days back when a particular image crashed my browser. Try as I might, I haven't been able to find it since. I'll try to describe it here on the very outside chance that anyone is familiar with it and can link me to it. It was a landscape format image of three guys in their late teens or early 20's I guess (but I'm not good at guessing ages so I may be out on this). The guy on the left was wearing dark clothing which, I think, included a pleated skirt or kilt. I think the guy in the middle was wearing skinny jeans - but it is the guy on the right I'm interested in. I think he was wearing a black polo and a short grey skirt and was sporting a necklace over his top that dangled down to his waist. I think he had light-coloured hair.
Keystone

Re: A couple of points regarding Pinterest

Post by Keystone »

Hello! This Keystone from Pinterest. Is there an image I can help you find? I read your description above and will take a look through my pins to try and find what your looking for. Kind regards. Keystone
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Hey Keystone - sorry, only just seen your response. I follow you on Pinterest and from a quick search I can't see the image I'm looking for on your boards. There are a number of pins though, so I may have missed it.

I've had great fun over the last few days reorganizing my boards into separate categories rather than lumping everything together.

The image I'm looking for is unusual. I've been looking at Pinterest for long enough that most relevant images have already cropped up before. This one came out of the blue and has not returned since! It is of interest simply because I was looking for an image of a dark, long sleeved top matched with a light skirt - and this fitted the bill perfectly. I curse my iPad in that it periodically crashes when running Pinterest (as was the case here). As the vast majority of images are of a single person, I thought it would be easy to find this image of three late teens / early 20 somethings - turns out not to be the case :-(
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

Hopefully the below link works. Is this the image your looking for?

https://pin.it/gogoz5odcytnfb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Nope, that's not the one I'm looking for, unfortunately.

The three guys are younger in the picture I'm looking for. I *think* it is indoors - maybe a nightclub?? The left side of the frame is nearly filled with the three young guys (maybe a bit of a Dutch angle going on).
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

No problem. I'll keep my eyes open. Who knows,I might luck out.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

So near and yet so far....

I was perusing the Pinterest boards of Jvrr and under the board Favorite mini skirts 4 men and boys #1 I found this -

This is not quite the image I was looking for, but it is the same three subjects. When I got to see the original image I only saw it for a brief moment before the iPad I was viewing on crashed. We can see then that I got a few things wrong from that short viewing. The subjects are younger than I expected (late teens??). It looks like this image was taken at a school or college?? It is the outfit of the guy on the right that I'm interested in. I could have sworn that he was wearing a slightly different skirt but, nevertheless, I like the outfit and it is close to the sort of look I had in mind (minus the necklace) for myself should I ever get to the right level of skirting.
peterintights

Post by peterintights »

Hallo! I’m happy to read some feedback on my Pinterest gallery! I’m the one who’s behind it.
All the best,
Pete
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

peterintights wrote:Hallo! I’m happy to read some feedback on my Pinterest gallery! I’m the one who’s behind it.
All the best,
Pete
It's a nice gallery!

More nice pics to be found on Rockmode.de as well...
34070754ri.jpg
That was just one I came across, but membership is needed and I can't speak German to post more than 10 times :roll:
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

peterintights wrote:Hallo! I’m happy to read some feedback on my Pinterest gallery! I’m the one who’s behind it.
All the best,
Pete
Hello Pete,
Sind Sie Deutscher?
I noticed the spelling as "hallo!"
Friendly regards,
Tim
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Keystone wrote:......
Hello Pete,
Sind Sie Deutscher?
Friendly regards,
Tim
"Hallo" is also a Dutch way of greeting. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello Pete! If it wasn't for your nickname, nobody would notice your tights. That skirt is such a strong colour! I have one the same colour; it's longer and a wide A-line, but I have several the same shape as yours and I do like it a lot.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

beachlion wrote:
Keystone wrote:......
Hello Pete,
Sind Sie Deutscher?
Friendly regards,
Tim
"Hallo" is also a Dutch way of greeting. ;)
Oh' my apologies. Hopefully that was not offensive. It's somewhat ironic, we visited the Netherlands this past May, strictly Holland (Utrecht, Haarlem, Amsterdam). Beautiful countryside. Kind regards, Tim
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Kilty,
Having lived & worked in Germany for years, I joined Rockmode.de and posted there for a few years, but then somehow the site wouldn't allow me attach further pics with my posts, announcing (I'll spare you the German) that for some reason the picture posting capacity on my account with them was full!!

I contacted the moderators explaining the problem with my account, while pointing out that other contributors were posting pics as normal, but got nowhere. Apparently they couldn't or wouldn't fix it, so for the moment I've abandoned Rockmode,de

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I very rarely visit pinterest. I don't like being forced to join in order to browse a bit occasionally. I have a farcebook page but haven't visited it in months so I can't use that as the login.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.