The love of your supportive Spouses.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

The love of your supportive Spouses.

Post by Elisabetta »

Curious but what makes you love your spouses more after wearing skirts?
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The love of your supportive Spouses.

Post by Kirbstone »

Jenn,

There is absolutely no connection between the two.

MOH absolutely loathes anything to do with me wearing skirts, but has tolerated me wearing a kilt for a wedding. We are fast approaching our 50th Golden wedding anniversary and our mutual love is a given, occupying all other aspects of our lives.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I agree with Tom in that there is no connection between how much I love MOH or, I hope, how much she loves me. She still says she does and wants to keep me. There are times when I sense some measure of support for my skirts and she now accepts that I do go out in a skirt. She may not like it but if acceptance is what I get then I am content, for the moment. At least she has never threatened that D word at any stage. I can even wear skirts around the house ( "but not every day," as she says ). We have been married 42 years and are not going to give up now.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

"Curious but what makes you love your spouses more after wearing skirts?"

This question is a bit confusing to me, so that probably means I haven't thought of, or experienced the feeling. I love my spouse every day, but not particularly more after wearing a skirt. Normally she says nothing, but acts as if I am just there, nothing special about me wearing a skirt.

One thing that did happen last night. We were watching television and she quietly said "there is something strangely sexy about you wearing this"> I was wearing my simple Elkommando hiking kilt and compressions leggings as I was out hiking earlier. Not particularly sexy to me, but that's not the point. I'm not going to complain about that reaction, that's for sure.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

lazerr wrote:One thing that did happen last night. We were watching television and she quietly said "there is something strangely sexy about you wearing this."
I'd certainly not question that one when put so. You're a lucky man.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

JennC03 wrote:Curious but what makes you love your spouses more after wearing skirts?
I don't see a direct connection. I think wearing skirts as a male in a relationship might influence that relationship for better or worse. If the partner is supportive, it might improve the relationship. All other attitude might have a neutral or negative effect.
My wife likes me in a kilt but tolerates skirts on me. I have the impression that the tolerance is getting a more positive edge over time, even after I added female shoes to it with a masculine touch. I did not notice any difference in our emotional feelings.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

JennC03 wrote:Curious but what makes you love your spouses more after wearing skirts?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question at all.The love between Mrs. Ralph and myself is unwavering and unrelated to what either of us wear.

As for "supportive", I am blessed in that she endures my nonstandard clothing choices without judgment, complaints, or restrictions... but her support ends there. She does not discuss what I wear, buy things for me, comment on what I am wearing, etc. Which is fine. As she put it many years ago, she is aware that I tolerate her less-than-ideal habits too.

She did make one request, that I do not wear skirts or dresses around the children. I suppose her desire was that they would have unambiguously male and female role models in their parents. They are in their 30s now, but she has never lifted that request and I have never asked her to. I will occasionally wear a feminine top -- satin or velvet -- over my trousers while they are visiting, and I usually wear spandex "ballerina" style slippers around the house.
Ralph!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Jen I am not exactly sure what you are asking. My love is not given based on conditions. Love is unconditional. Now, I do feel closer to my wife as we both like to wear matching skirts. We also made matching skirts and enjoy that as well. All these things make me feel closer to her and appreciate her more.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I love my wife equally whether she wears a skirt or not! And the feeling is mutual (or so she says). But I know she still tolerates my skirts, rather than actually liking them. So sometimes when she makes an unusually accepting remark, it reminds me how lucky I am to have her. It could just be a comment about a skirt or my outfit in which the fact that I wear skirts is just a normal thing.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Read below my example of what I’m asking. Just makes us appreciate our spouses even more.
Last edited by Elisabetta on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

For example since Moon started wearing skirts it’s brought us even closer in y’alls marriage have you found it’s done the same or no change?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JennC03 wrote:[... I]n y’alls marriage have you found it’s done the same or no change?
Back when I had a significant other my discovery of skirts definitely brought us closer together, and she finally learnt what I could be when operating at full strength. By the latter, I mean that once again my imagination was fully engaged at the same time as my intellect, and she was enthralled with that combination. Not only had my mind opened up, I -- for just about the first time in my life -- started caring about what I looked like, and that delighted her. So, it was a definite win, not only for us as individuals but also for us as a couple. It's a time I remember fondly.

That was then, though, and this is now, and nowadays my skirts are deployed more as a Bozo-filter than anything else to weed out types I'm not particularly interested in interacting with. "It is what it is." We shall see what, if anything, develops from that.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

After a bit of a wobble at first, when she had some concerns about what it was leading to, we are back to normal. Definitely has not brought us closer; she accepts my choice without complaint (usually) but she doesn't actually like it.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

crfriend wrote:
JennC03 wrote:[... I]n y’alls marriage have you found it’s done the same or no change?
Back when I had a significant other my discovery of skirts definitely brought us closer together, and she finally learnt what I could be when operating at full strength. By the latter, I mean that once again my imagination was fully engaged at the same time as my intellect, and she was enthralled with that combination. Not only had my mind opened up, I -- for just about the first time in my life -- started caring about what I looked like, and that delighted her. So, it was a definite win, not only for us as individuals but also for us as a couple. It's a time I remember fondly.

That was then, though, and this is now, and nowadays my skirts are deployed more as a Bozo-filter than anything else to weed out types I'm not particularly interested in interacting with. "It is what it is." We shall see what, if anything, develops from that.

I must say that this is a beautiful story you shared.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

skirtyscot wrote:After a bit of a wobble at first, when she had some concerns about what it was leading to, we are back to normal. Definitely has not brought us closer; she accepts my choice without complaint (usually) but she doesn't actually like it.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope over time she’ll realize it’s just clothes it doesn’t change who you are. I’m sure you’re still the man she fell in love with years ago.