Positive thoughts my way please.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Positive thoughts my way please.

Post by Freedomforall »

Hello all,

I want to ask a favor. We are having a really tough time with some issues right now. I want to ask everyone to please send positive energy our way.

Thank you,

DJ
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Positive thoughts my way please.

Post by oldsalt1 »

Sit back just try to find something small and positive and work from there
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Best wishes to you! I hope everything works out.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi FFA,
I'd like to do just that, but it would perhaps need to be focused on something specific.

You don't elaborate on your personal issues currently worrying you, nor do I know where your domestic stomping ground is.

A bit of info on these two points would be very helpful. BTW I have had a cracking Autumn day here and am bubbling over with joie-de-vivre (Pardon my French!)

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

We all have positive thoughts for you. Please clarify your predicament....weeladdie
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Easy guys, he may not wish to share the subject on an open forum. I'm sure we've all had our various life issues that we didn't want broadcast across the globe.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

oldsalt1 wrote:Sit back just try to find something small and positive and work from there
I like this advice! It is practical and something that I can do. Thank you!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Basically my wife and I were royally screwed by a former friend. I had known him for over 6 years. In fact many of you know the profession I was in for over 22 years. He and I worked together and trusted each other with our lives. We were helping him on a project and he ltierally became violent and tried to provoke a fight to get me put in jail. He then cheated us out of quite a bit of money. I don't wish to go into further detail. We have been able to recover our money and I am grateful for that. However, my wife and I worked for him in addition to our 40 hour a week jobs. We almost worked ourselves into exhaustion. We want recieve anything for our hard work. We will recover but our energy is very low.
The other thing is that I suffer a lot of pain especially this time of year. The cold almsot cripples me. It seems to have been made worse this year from all the work we did for my former friend. We have plans in the next few years to try and move somewhere warmer, but financially we just can't make it happen yet.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I had also a few set-backs in my life. When they happened, I tried to make the best of it and then closed the books on it. I left it behind me, tried to forget the bad aspects but also tried to see the good of the past experience. It has happened, you can not undo it, it is history and you have to go on with your life. Never let it fester, step out of it.
I don't know the attitude of your wife but you both should talk each other out of the dip. Maybe a few days out of town together will do you a lot of good. Put your feet under somebody elses table as we used to say in the Netherlands.
Good luck anyway.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Well that stinks, FFA! It would seem that he "cracked" over something. I'd stay disengaged by more than a long arm's distance going forward, but one might hope that he gets things sorted out before he pulls that sort of stunt on the wrong guy.

The best course of action is to get some distance, lick your wounds, and move on. BTDT.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Let it die a natural death. Do not worry over it it is now in the past and you need to gather your strength and move on. I have had to do this several times and it is not easy, but if you let go and try to get the rest you need and the spiritual food your body needs you will make it just fine.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Freedomforall wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:Sit back just try to find something small and positive and work from there
I like this advice! It is practical and something that I can do. Thank you!
Little pieces of advice like that can be impossibly trite or deceptively wise. I think this one is deceptively wise. Just a few words but a potentially huge amount of effectiveness. Having hobbies has always helped me.
Daryl...
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Perhaps this is another story of life ............ Some of us just lick our wounds and move on........some times we reflect on one incident
in life which might have made our lifestyle entirely different................weeladdie
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Positivity from Stu coming your way, DJ.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Freedomforall wrote:Basically my wife and I were royally screwed by a former friend...
Sorry to hear that but remember, the only productive direction is forward.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron