The cold is coming

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Clothesfreedom

The cold is coming

Post by Clothesfreedom »

Who's got their tights out for the cold season ahead? I've mostly had mine on all week, was so warm one day I kept them on all night. Very sexy n snug. :D
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: The cold is coming

Post by crfriend »

I've already deployed my opaque tights a few times now, and have needed it. It's already in the 30s (F, obviously) here, so every little bit helps. I also brought a few pair on my recent vacation we well as the locale I was visiting could get a bit nippy in the morning.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I stick to knee long socks. I tried tights but the feeling of it is hampering the freedom of movement with skirts. So at some point I have to make a choice between the restrictive feeling of tights and pants. The jury is still out. Beside that, wearing tights is also still something I did not do in the open. That is another jump I have to make.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I do not wear tights at all. I do wear knee high stockings and socks. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

I have been wearing Thigh High socks with a hockey garter belt with my utility kilts for the last couple of weeks since it has turned cold and I think that will be my standard attire until spring at this point. It appears this combination will be as warm or warmer than pants. And know one around town seems to bat a eyelash about it.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I've been in tights for weeks! A holiday in Spain a couple of weeks ago was a nice chance to have bare legs again.

I like tights. I find them comfortable, so long as I don't pull them up too far and make them too tight round the dangly bits. That defeats the point of wearing a skirt. Once they have descended to the right level, they are warm and soft on the legs without constricting at all.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

In South West Cornwall we had frost on Sunday and Monday night....unusual for this time of year.
Temperature up to 10 C by day , now that the Northerly wind has gone........
Still wearing ankle socks and no other leg wear under my skirts with my knee high boots
...weeladdie