Zara selling skirts for men

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
andrewsh

Zara selling skirts for men

Post by andrewsh »

Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Zara selling skirts for men

Post by Sinned »

Well, yes it does. But with the trousers underneath but any step forward is better than none. I not that right at the bottom with the "Similar items" it shows some short skirts modelled by .... women! But it is a skirt that I could see me wearing.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Not bad, but the trousers annoy me. Nice it is sold as just a separate though. I would rather just go and buy this

https://static.zara.net/photos///2018/I ... 9108258829

As it's more comfortable and won't blow open :shock: :roll:
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

Sinned wrote:Well, yes it does. But with the trousers underneath but any step forward is better than none. I not that right at the bottom with the "Similar items" it shows some short skirts modelled by .... women! But it is a skirt that I could see me wearing.
It is not sold with trousers, they’re just suggesting how to wear it — which is understandable given it’s autumn and the weather isn’t very good for wearing skirts without trousers.
But my girlfriend’s reaction was also: Hey, doesn’t it defeat the purpose of wearing a skirt [for you] as not having to wear trousers?

FWIW I’ve ordered both the skirt and the trousers they’re suggesting, since they will also match my other skirts (of which I don’t have many) should I decide to wear them, say, in November :)
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

A nice development. Boo to the trousers by yay to the even marketing a skirt to men.
Daryl...
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

Peterintights also posted this. Yes, I'd be happy to wear that. Price reasonable too at £29.99.
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

(new to skirtcafe) Do you believe that Zara, not knowing their market's response, included trousers as a measure of caution to keep the identity of the item as masculine as possible? Are they trying too hard to "man it up"?
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Keystone wrote:(new to skirtcafe) Do you believe that Zara, not knowing their market's response, included trousers as a measure of caution to keep the identity of the item as masculine as possible? Are they trying too hard to "man it up"?
Yep, that would be my theory. But I can't be sure they are wrong. Maybe trousers under skirts is a crutch most men would need. I notice Muslim men around here often wear trousers under their thawbs even though izaar (aka lungi) are at least equally traditional and probably more so.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

skirtpettiman wrote:Peterintights also posted this. Yes, I'd be happy to wear that. Price reasonable too at £29.99.
As soon as I read "asymetric hem" I lost interest. I think those are just silly additions trying to add some "attitude" to things.
Daryl...
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Daryl wrote:
Yep, that would be my theory. But I can't be sure they are wrong. Maybe trousers under skirts is a crutch most men would need.
Perhaps some form of leggings would do?
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

I think the crutch explanation for Zara's trouser-skirt is accurate. It looks like the stepping stone approach taken by Mathew Guiver in his blog below. I'm not certain the approach will generate more sales. Wearing the trousers underneath certainly defeats the comfort factor. Previous comment on showing it with tights or leggings would have been a good fashion- comfort compromise.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mathewguiver/i ... for-a-week
steamman

Post by steamman »

Wearing trousers with a skirt is completely pointless, why bother? You might as well just wear trousers! The first time I wore a skirt in public, the thought never occurred to me to do anything like that simply because the freedom of the skirt was so awesome.
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

steamman wrote:Wearing trousers with a skirt is completely pointless, why bother? You might as well just wear trousers!
Completely agree. A person could accomplish the same look by wrapping a sweatshirt or jacket around their waist.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed BBCode Quoting Format
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Perhaps more men might be willing to try a skirt...if they thought they only have to go as far as wearing a skirt-with-leggings?
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I ordered one of these today and shall endeavor to report back on the quality and appearnce. It was a bit more cost than I like to spend, but I like to support any company fashioning skirts for men. That is when the price is within reason.