Why did we let women entirely take over the skirt?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why did we let women entirely take over the skirt?

Post by weeladdie18 »

I trust my previous posts will show that the female has not entirely chosen to take over the skirt...The level of skirt wearing by the female ,
even in our exceptionally warm summer, was quite low........I am one who waves the "man in a skirt " flag by wearing a skirt as often as possible
every day. ...... We as patrons of the Skirt Café are widely spaced around the Globe ....It is difficult to say how many men in skirts there are
in each region so any poll of the number of men in skirts would be inconclusive.

I have recently found little hostility to my skirt wearing activities, so it is reasonable to assume that male skirt wearing will increase.

It is perhaps worth noting that some laddies in Scotland enjoyed wearing their Kilts to family parties and then to senior school.
Many then gave up their Kilts until they reached middle age.........
Perhaps the same scenario would occur if boys wore skirts to school, just like their big sisters ....................... ...weeladdie
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why did we let women entirely take over the skirt?

Post by pelmut »

weeladdie18 wrote:I would like to thank Pelmut for his comments on my post.....In the engineering manufacturing world in the U.K. during my working life
there was a constant upgrading of the safety of the machines
and the personal protective equipment which must be worn by employees for specific engineering tasks.....
Yet there are still areas where the one-size-fits-all elfinsafety dance ritual is discarded in favour of good old common sense and skill.  A couple of years ago I had to sort out a probem on a 35 kW Mazak CNC lathe, it involved working on the electrical controls with all the covers off, and sometimes working through an inspection hole in the back of the machine.  

To prevent the machine being started with me inside it, I just switched off the isolator on the wall - no safety warning notices, no padlocks and key safes, just a bit of paper towel tied around the handle.  It was only a small factory and every one of the workforce was hand-picked for experience and skill, most of them were beyond retirement age; I trusted them with my life far more readily than I would have trusted a ritualised system and a workforce that implicitly believed in it.

I later discovered that the other machinists regarded my paper towel warning as a bit excessive and there was a risk that I might get a reputation for being a safety freak.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.