Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

Post by weeladdie18 »

I had to go to Hospital for an annual pacemaker check on friday....To maintain my normal blood pressure
I had decieded to wear a summer skirt for my shopping trip and then change into shorts for my appointment.
Unfortunately I forgot to take my shorts and so turned up at the hospital in a full summer skirt.

Got up on the couch and pulled the hem of my full skirt above my knees and pushed the free hem
down between my thighs. Sensors were placed on my lower legs and through my T Shirt onto the
Pace Maker. ..... all clever modern technology......

All no comment and no skirt problems......

Perhaps the problem is that parents will not let young boys wear skirts to satisfy their curiosity
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing a skirt to a Clinic

Post by oldsalt1 »

Just like my experience at the VA when I had to have my leg checked. My lady doctor said "this exam is going to be real easy" , Than she smiled and said Lift up your skirt :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

The doctors and nurses at the VA see all kinds of people in all kinds of clothing. I have never had a problem being skirted at the VA. It is always a great experience, except when I have to have a colonoscomy. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Than you Fred , we must be getting old when we spend our time discussing our Aches and Pains instead
of discussing our love life.

I had a gangerous appendix hidden behind my colon some thirty five years ago ,and ended up in a
Hotel California.....now that was a scarey story.....

Welcome to the Hotel California , .....we drink chamagne on ice.....we are all just prisoners here .....
of our own device.....but we may never leave...... weeladdie
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

weeladdie18 wrote:I had to go to Hospital for an annual pacemaker check on friday....To maintain my normal blood pressure
I had decieded to wear a summer skirt for my shopping trip and then change into shorts for my appointment.
Unfortunately I forgot to take my shorts and so turned up at the hospital in a full summer skirt.
Totally unintentional, one presumes...
weeladdie18 wrote:Perhaps the problem is that parents will not let young boys wear skirts to satisfy their curiosity
That may be part of it, but as adults, our own fears and reservations are the greatest deterrents. Too often, we tend to be prisoners of our own device.

And not just with skirts.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

weeladdie18 wrote:I had to go to Hospital for an annual pacemaker check on friday....To maintain my normal blood pressure

Got up on the couch and pulled the hem of my full skirt above my knees and pushed the free hem
down between my thighs. Sensors were placed on my lower legs and through my T Shirt onto the
Pace Maker. ..... all clever modern technology......

All no comment and no skirt problems......

Perhaps the problem is that parents will not let young boys wear skirts to satisfy their curiosity
Peer pressure has far more influence than parents, I think, though parents certainly have a lot in early years. If either of my boys had expressed any desire to try skirts they would have been supported in that, but neither did.

I've found skirts get me out of needing to disrobe for most things that take place below the waist. Very convenient. I sometimes see other people in waiting rooms looking at me, but not too often. Health professionals themselves couldn't care less, I find.
Daryl...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Daryl wrote:I've found skirts get me out of needing to disrobe for most things that take place below the waist. Very convenient. I sometimes see other people in waiting rooms looking at me, but not too often. Health professionals themselves couldn't care less, I find.
They don't mind as long as the insurance and Medicare pay the enormous amount of money they don't mind asking for. I mean $247.00 for a five minute office visit where all the doctor does is walk in and ask how are things going and are you still taking your meds as prescribed. I find this to be highway robbery.
Since I started to wear my skirts full time some 4 or 5 years ago I have never had any problem with seeing any of the doctors I visit including the VA.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
PappaG1119

Post by PappaG1119 »

I’ve gone to my Dr many times in skirts and to the hospital as well and no one bats an eye. I’ve had several good conversations around me wearing skirts at the hospital as well. Most seems to be more curious than anything.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

PappaG1119 wrote:I’ve gone to my Dr many times in skirts and to the hospital as well and no one bats an eye. I’ve had several good conversations around me wearing skirts at the hospital as well. Most seems to be more curious than anything.
Same here.

The most memorable was a nurse who had the job of dressing me to go home after some minor surgery (so I wouldn't fall over trying to do it myself, I suppose) and had to ask how my utility kilt went on.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

A few weeks ago I had an uncomfortable procedure of having a camera put where the sun don't shine :shock: but found it a lot easier to do in a skirt... Dr was a little surprised asking me to pull up my skirt and pull down my briefs but it made it easier than the usual shuffling around with trousers in a heap at your ankles :mrgreen:

Skirts are more hygienic for ventilation, I notice on social media kilted bike rides and other events for men's health, perhaps it will dawn on guys before it's too late (especially with the ultra tight jeans fad at the moment :pale: )
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Went to a doctor to participate in a vaccine study. He asked at the end of the brief exam, "Do you wear a skirt when it gets cold?" "Yes," I replied, "but a longer one." I was wearing a fairly short denim mini. I explained to him that I used to often have trouble with skin irritations and rashes in the groin area, but hardly at all anymore now I'm usually wearing a skirt. I hope he recommends the practice to others with groin rashes.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I too have a pacemaker and every time I go for my annual checkup, I have on a skirt, either just as above the knee or mid-thigh length. I just dont wear tights that day!
Never had any comments positive or negative but I do get a nice wide smile! :D
I also have for many years gone to the dentist wearing a variety of skirts - again no comments either way.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I go to the VA clinic all the time wearing a skirt.. Never had a problem

I have a weekly therapy group where I a in a room with 15 to 20 other veterans . We even had a group discussion about my skirts . Never had a bad comment or any type of problem

These are some of the different outfits I have worn there
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Well done Dan thanks for the photos....going back to wearing skirts generally ...I have heard that if one wears skirts with bare legs regularly :
this does toughen up the skin on one legs..my legs have been bare under my skirts most days , since the spring
and they are now well tanned and weather beaten
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Since I started to wear skirts I have worn them to all of my VA visits. The only comment I have ever received was from my primary care provider and she said I looked very nice and I looked comfortable as well. I make about 6 visits there a year. I also wear skirts to all of my doctors offices. I have never had a problem. :D