wearing summer skirts in falling temperatures

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

wearing summer skirts in falling temperatures

Post by weeladdie18 »

With autumn coming on .....only a couple of weeks away ....temperatures falling ....leaves turning colour on the trees ...Autumn mist ....
drizzle and fog.....I am still wearing my full brightly coloured Traditional Summer Skirts .....very full with hem below the knee
and elasticated waist band.
To combat falling temperatures two or three skirts are worn on top of each other with knee length T Shirts or Night Shirts.

Thicker draws are worn with bare legs and sandels. ....layers of woolly sweaters and cardigans......plus my traditional male sports jacket.
As the day becomes warmer ...up to say 20 C to possibly 25 C the layers are peeled off.

The idea of this plan is to wear summer skirts out of doors until Autumn and Winter are really with us in S.W. U.K. ............. weeladdie
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: wearing summer skirts in falling temperatures

Post by hairy »

I hate cooler weather because I'm a t shirt and skirt person. (used to be t shirt and jeans)
I love the sun these days as my picture will show, where ever I am in this case at a busy park I want to lay in sun, so having to wrap myself up in jumpers, warm long skirts, tights and stuff well winter is just not for me. Its going to be many months before I can bath in the sun and having to wrap up and feel trapped will just not feel the same and being free.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

hairy wrote:I hate cooler weather because I'm a t shirt and skirt person. (used to be t shirt and jeans)
I love the sun these days as my picture will show, where ever I am in this case at a busy park I want to lay in sun, so having to wrap myself up in jumpers, warm long skirts, tights and stuff well winter is just not for me. Its going to be many months before I can bath in the sun and having to wrap up and feel trapped will just not feel the same and being free.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Thanks Hairy....you look really cool laid out in the sun.....Summer skirt , sweater , cardigan and foul weather jacket for me today.
Trip to Flambards Village in Helston today . Indoor Victorian Village Display with all the traditional Shops and rooms in a Victorian House over a hundred years
ago.....Interesting to see the finer points of Victorian Clothing before the death of Queen Victoria Say 1906....
Very thought provoking for me as I was born just after WW 11.
Wet and windy weather coming...Might improve at the weekend......Fog on the roads today with visability down to 100 yards.........
Temperature down to 17 C at tea time ...was 23 C earlier today .. Nice white skirt with red and green pattern .....weeladdie
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

hairy wrote:I hate cooler weather because I'm a t shirt and skirt person. (used to be t shirt and jeans)

Same here! I'm a T shirt and skirt kinda guy.
Nothing simpler, easier, more comfortable than that. Why is half the population still limited from such a simple pleasure?

For me I just wear skirts with a longer hem in cooler weather. I prefer longer skirts 24 to 30 inches in the first place.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

:)

P.S. I went out it trousers today just because I wanted to wear something completely different from the usual days, but have now realised how huge my mistake was. The next time I’m outside today I’ll be in a skirt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Pleasant sunny evening to be out in a summer skirt.....temperature dropped to 17 C after sunset .....looks like a sunny day tomorrow...... weeladdie
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Expected to drop to freezing tonight, tomorrow will be wearing one of my heavier lined wool skirts, opaque stay ups and maybe a slip. Long sleeve shirt and fleece jacket. Long down coat to get to the station.
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

Well up here in the bleak north east the weather is definitely turning autumnal. As I too am a t shirt and skirt kind of bloke, also one who feels the cold, I'm afraid my skirts, sadly will be put away for the winter.

Roll on next spring! Though I might wear a skirt around the house, as they are so damn comfortable!
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

bridkid, why put your skirts away? I wear skirts in the winter. I just don thickish tights along with the skirt and they keep my legs warm. I do prefer thigh highs [0] but I've not really seen any in the same denier. Men wearing tights is no big deal, even less so than wearing skirts.

[0] Sort of stockings but with an elastic band at the top to stop the stocking descending due to gravity.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hairy wrote:...having to wrap myself up in jumpers, warm long skirts, tights and stuff well winter is just not for me...
Why so? Choosing a heavy fabric and wearing tights, leggings, and/or boots my not give you the freedom of summer, but it still seems like more fun that wearing the dreaded (ugh) trousers.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

Hi sinned, I tried the tights/leggings route but I just don't feel comfortable in them. Also our lass, who is very supportive in my skirting endeavours, says it's not a good look for me. Maybe I should persevere...
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

bridkid wrote:Hi sinned, I tried the tights/leggings route but I just don't feel comfortable in them. Also our lass, who is very supportive in my skirting endeavours, says it's not a good look for me. Maybe I should persevere...
Have you considered wearing over the calf (knee high/kilt) sox.
Your knees and thighs are not in a frigid zone and the constriction in the calf zone should offer modest comfortable warmth.
Take this from one who lives in the upper Midwest USA windchill factor factory.
Of course you can't be foolhardy and stand out in the eye of the Siberian tiger daring frostbite.
Limit your time of exposure and seek a warm fire and a suitable beverage/spirit to replenish your own spirit.
But it can't be that cold yet - we still have a hurricane spell to contend with before it is overly cold.
I don't get hurricanes up my alley but frost on the pumpkin is a telling sign of dreadful things to come my way aka blizzards.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

bridkid wrote:Hi sinned, I tried the tights/leggings route but I just don't feel comfortable in them. Also our lass, who is very supportive in my skirting endeavours, says it's not a good look for me. Maybe I should persevere...
Tights not a good look for you? Try waxing first. :mrgreen:

But seriously, in winter I just switch to long socks, and a long coat. Most of my long socks leave my knees bare but cover my legs below that, and the long coat falls halfway down my calf anyway. I do have some socks that go thigh high and stay up quite easily even without tight elastic or any rubber grippy bits, because they are heavy knits. No way does winter need to mean being cold or wearing trousers (or pantyhose).
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

"I don't get hurricanes up my alley...." Ooer, missus. Ventilation is fine but do you get breezy on a windy day? :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.