The Moon Shadow diet

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Moon Shadow diet

Post by Sinned »

Moon, glad you have a favourable impression of my recipe. Just buy in your favoured fruit and veg and just dice into a bowl whatever hits your fancy. Also be careful to go with the wholewheat or similar bread, which I presume the loaf that was in your basket was, as white bread is mostly carbs. We stopped eating white bread a long time ago although we still eat butter which is increasingly seen as being better for you in small to moderate quantities than plasticised vegetable oil ( margerine ). The meal looks wonderful but as I HATE garlic pasta type meals are rather limited.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Diet: After 57 & three-quarter years strictly following the SEE-FOOD diet I must now admit at age 76 that I need perhaps to be careful just where I look!

I NEVER eat at KFC/McDonalds/Pizza Hut/Eddie Rocket's/other fast food joints, avoid fizzy-sweet drinks, have only a couple of units of alcohol per week, if that, but tank up on serious carbs at least once daily to give me fuel for attacking my loft personal torture salon, and/or jumping into a racing VIII at weekends.

Weight relatively steady....used to be 87Kg/192lbs for yonks, but loss of muscle mass after age 70 has me settling for 83Kg/183lbs nowadays.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Post by Wonderful Electric »

The processed food has to go. Even so, I ate a lot of red meat and eggs and I have high cholesterol. I am 5’5” and 120 pounds. Not quite the stereotypical image of high cholesterol. There’s a blog I like that has a good section on cooking.

https://efficiencyiseverything.com
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Wonderful Electric wrote:[...] I have high cholesterol. I am 5’5” and 120 pounds. Not quite the stereotypical image of high cholesterol.
Recall that there are two types of cholesterol: HDL (High-Density Lipoproteins) and LDL (Low-Density Lipopriteins) with the LDL regarded as the "bad" type.

The last time I had a blood-panel run I was mildly high on overall cholesterol levels but the HDL score heavily outweighed the LDL score. Nonetheless, I was peppered with e-mail and postal-mail for months regarding strategies to "LOWER YOUR DANGEROUS CHOLESTEROL LEVELS!" causing me to lose yet more faith in the field of Western medicine. Your mileage may vary, of course.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I did a service call at a local bakery earlier this week...

God help me, they even offered to hook me up...

Lead me not into temptation!

I could literally taste the sugary treats on my tongue... however, Moon Shadow, he did indeed decline.

I got my ticket signed and ate some carrots as I drove away....

Only the determination of a male skirt wearer could turn away from such temptations!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I would have yielded to temptation, no doubt about that. Even if I was on a diet.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I could not have left without eating more than a half dozen of the lovely pastries on display. I gained 5 pounds just looking at the picture.. Those éclairs and canolies and the cupcakes OH MY!!!! :lol:
Moon you have the restraint of a monk and then some. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have a little mental trick of imagining how many cubes of sugar each one of the cakes contains. I can see the little ( or big ) pile in their place. Whilst on holiday I could look at the little sweet cakes that they put out and I can say that I only tried one or two particular cakes to see what they tasted like. But in the main I stayed away. Anyway after the soups, main meal and fruits there was no room in the inn.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

The diet kind of went off the rails a little this weekend. We were out of town enjoying the last hurrah of summer before autumn sets in.

On the other hand, I've got some cool stories I hope to draft later today on moons phases. A sneak peak is already on my Flickr account, though none of the photos have descriptions yet.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.