What's your waist size?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

What's your waist size?

Post by mishawakaskirt »

If you browse the Internet you get all kinds of different averages in men's waist sizes. I will list one or two below This post.
What I want from you please.
I want to see what the average skirt café members waist size is. Please list your actual measurements in inches or centimeters. I'm not looking for skirt or trousers size since that varies so much just between brands and countries.

Please list measurement and what country you live in. Thanks. I'll start.

43 inches USA. ( I need to go on a diet :(

Thankyou for your participation.
If for some reason you don't want to publicly post it on here. Send me a PM. I will keep your measurements annonomus.
I will post my findings here in a month.
Let's see what the skirt cafe average is.

https://www.npr.org/2014/07/25/33264184 ... s-britches

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health ... -size.html
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What's your waist size?

Post by Jim »

90 cm in USA, relaxed, 77 cm pulling my tummy in.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The main issue is that it's variable. Mine bounces around by a couple of inches depending on the time of day and how much I've had to eat. I just measured mine (with a carpetner's tape-measure) after a large meal and several pints of stout and it's 37 inches at the "natural waist" fully relaxed.

In trousers, I buy 38" waists -- I used to be 34". Before you start thinking that I'm large it's worth recalling that I'm 6'4" and 180 pounds. Most of my skirts either have elasticised waists, drawstrings, or are intended to hang off my hips. The elastic waist solves all these problems rather conveniently at the expense of not producing a perfectly smooth line.

The last time I bought a pair of trousers was in 2015 -- a 35" waist due to all the weight-loss involved in the fiasco that mandated me buying them in the first place. I can still wear them with some minor discomfort. Whether that's down to the sizing issue or the fact that I'm used to skirts now is a matter for conjecture.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

186Cm/6'1"(now), Waist 86.7Cm/34", Chest 43", Hips 103Cm/41", Inside leg: 33", shoe size UK11/US13W. A standard 24" kilt hits the middle of my kneecap, but I prefer 23" to show a little more knee!!

Tom
Last edited by Kirbstone on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

180 cm, 98cm waist.

John
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

I'm 6'3" tall, approx 95 kg (would like to get down to 85 kg but at that I'm pretty skinny and my wife likes me as I am), waist is approx 36 - 37".

Australia (QLD).
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

30" waist, 5'6" in lovely England.
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

Like CF said, I can be 29" or 31" depending on the time of day and how much beer I drink. At 5'11" most people consider me skinny.

In high school and college, I had a 29" waist and weighed 190lbs. Now, on slim days and also 30 years (edit: 40 years :) ) older, I am still 29" in the waist but I now only weight 165lbs. I lost a lot of muscle mass and weight when I was racing mountain bikes during a 3-year semi-pro career.
Last edited by Mark as in Mark on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I'm 5'8", 182lb with a variable waist of 34/36". Losing weight very slowly as I used to be over 200lb. In my early twenties I weighed 105lb but did a lot of long distance running with a waist IIRC of 26". I still have a pair of jeans from that era just to remind me of how skinny I was. When I married shortly after meeting MOH I weighed 112lb. It just goes to show how much fat I am carrying!
Last edited by Sinned on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

33" waist , 65 kg and 170cm tall (or short) , in Australia - not sure what I would be in a better paddock.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

36" for trousers, 38-40" for kilts. Relaxed around the fattest part of my buddha belly: 40". Yes, I need to lose weight. Right now I'm wearing a U.K. size 18 denim skirt.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

My statistics are: waist 86 cm or 34", length 1m79 or 5' 10.5" and weight 72 kg or 158.7 pound. I'm born in the Netherlands and in the USA since 2010 so most of my measurements I obtained in Europe.
My jeans size is 33" but most shops stock even sizes so 34" is sligthly loose. Inside leg is 30" and recent dress pants sized at 33x30 at Macy's fitted me very good.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

38" waist trousers / jeans. Trousers are a snug fit - wear jeans low on the hips. 42" around the (beer) belly if I were ordering a kilt.

I'm a Brit, but for the last 4 years I've been living in the US.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Mark as in Mark wrote:I lost a lot of muscle mass and weight when I was racing mountain bikes during a 3-year semi-pro career.
Wow - what an interesting career. I presume that the number of people who can actually make a comfortable full-time living out of the sport is very small?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

36 men's, 16 or XL women's.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron