Summer.

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Summer.

Post by jamodu »

There was a time when ladies routinely wore lightweight Summer Dresses and Skirts...

We’re experiencing a prolonged time of very warm weather here in the UK, since 1976, with little or no rain for the past couple of months. So, when you would expect Women to wear Skirts and Dresses, my observation is that most of them remain in trousers/pants/slacks/treggings/jeggings or thick leggings. They don’t seem to want to wear shorts, either.

Who can fathom their reasoning? Maybe, they don’t like their legs, they don’t like shaving them, or they’re ——- (fill in the blank).

I’ve ditched my shorts in favour of wearing skirts, and much cooler and comfortable I am for it.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Summer.

Post by STEVIE »

Me too but I wear skirts in winter too.
I have also been tightless for the last week and unshaven too.
The shame of it! Ha Ha.
Comfort rules!
Stevie.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Most of them are still in trousers or leggings, but the number of skirts has gone up considerably.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well, my observations from work are that shorts are more popular with the ladies.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Here in Phoenix, AZ, with daytime highs hovering around 110° F, I have seen more women lately, mostly young, in skirts and short shorts.

But jeans, yoga pants, and shorts just above the knee remain popular as well.

Fashion. Go figure.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Based on my observations so far, most of the women i've seen have been wearing shorts instead of skirts and dresses.

I'm wondering whether this is just the way women's fashion is going. There definitely seems to be less skirts and dresses in the shops compared to the past.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kieran wrote:Based on my observations so far, most of the women i've seen have been wearing shorts instead of skirts and dresses.

I'm wondering whether this is just the way women's fashion is going. There definitely seems to be less skirts and dresses in the shops compared to the past.
Fashion definitely goes in cycles, so I'm sure skirts for women will eventually become more popular again. But I don't believe women will go back to wearing skirts and dresses exclusively, at least not in our lifetime.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Women could always show more skin but then gripe about the thermostat being too cold.
Men always had to be formally dressed and wanted that thermostat to be frigid and thus
that is the way the relations went in that environment.
And that poor thermostat caught in the middle of a temperature tantrum ! Egads !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Sinned wrote:Well, my observations from work are that shorts are more popular with the ladies.
It does seem to be that way in the south too. There was a girl, perhaps late teens, in the charity shop yesterday in shorts and very noticeably hairy legs :shock: For some I think it is a case of ever expanding girths and fear of exposing legs that they no longer feel confident about that puts many off.... I have had several women say to me over the last few years that if they had legs like mine they would wear a short skirt too.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Nothing wrong with shorts and hairy legs. Although a short skirt and hairy legs is better!

Leg-hair on a woman, oh no! I mean, what weird thing did she do to get it? This site is all about defying convention. We're in no position to criticise others for being unconventional.

I was amused by this article a few weeks ago. It had never really occurred to me... https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44669002

I reckon you are right about the expanding girths. But trousers show the size and shape of your thighs far more clearly than a skirt does. If you want to hide your legs, a skirt does a much better job if it is long enough.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Alistair...going back to your comment on more lassies in skirts in this warm summer spell....we have more lassies in skirts in South Cornwall
with an average daily temperature of 25 C ...certainly a more suitable temperature for Summer Skirt wearing.

My theory is that 25 C is an ideal temperature for summer skirt wearing....... what is the normal daytime temperature in the Location where
your local lassies wear their summer skirts ? ....weeladdie
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Temperatures here in Phoenix have been hovering around 110° F (43° Celsius) and while that increases the incidence of short shorts, it seems to have no effect on the incidence of skirts.

caultron
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

In my seaside and holiday area, fashionable ladies shorts are very short this year....young female children are wearing summer dresses....perhaps
half of their mums wearing summer skirts.

More retired ladies are wearing summer skirts this year

A slightly different subject....up to the 1930's In the UK young boys ,up to school age wore dresses just like their sisters, ......this fashion had
finished after the War in Europe......I know that when we were boys we did nor want to wear "girls clothes "

We thought it was rather strange that our fathers would go to social club cross dressing fancy dress parties.....
the cross dressing parties died out in the seventies and eighties in the areas where I lived.

I do feel that summer skirt and bare legged summer shorts wearing is controlled by the temperature ...... currently 25 C in S. W . U K......... weeladdie
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

25C is way above average hereabouts. Anything above 20 and we think we're doing well. High teens is enough to bring the skirts and bare legs out, for those who ever do.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

skirtyscot wrote:25C is way above average hereabouts. Anything above 20 and we think we're doing well. High teens is enough to bring the skirts and bare legs out, for those who ever do.
Even in low teens I wear a skirt. I wear skirts and dresses all the time
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)