Still have problems outside my own house

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Still have problems outside my own house

Post by hairy »

Fred in skirts, she won't dare get violent with me niether will any of her family, its what shat would do behind my back and the enjoyment she would have.
Odsalt1, I always get going everyday on work inside my garden while skirted, its just that its difficult going just outside my hedge without putting jeans on, and thats not freedom. I do, do it on occassions but ot in a relaxed way, and have no problems answering door to postman while skirted, so I'm not doing too bad. I'll be doing EVERYTHING in a relaxed way before much longer.
Anyone gives me any trouble and I'll just ride me motorbikes over their gardens even if I'm skirted at the time, picture that if you can.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Gossipers and bullies can smell their victims from miles away. They have a fine tuned antenna for that. And they know how to intimidate people. With their actions they can control people and that is their satisfaction. But if they don't see any results, they will stop after a few tries and go after other people.
The only way to get rid of the gossip is showing them you don't care at all and go your own way. Violent action from your side will only show they have succeeded. So next time you go out in a skirt, do it with your nose in the air and walk tall. Life is too short to be bothered by those little people.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Anyone gives me any trouble and I'll just ride me motorbikes over their gardens even if I'm skirted at the time, picture that if you can.[/quote]

I really don't have the balls to ride a motorbike. But I'll tell you, that is something I would love to do in a real short mini skirt
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

pelmut wrote:A woman who kept moving house because she managed to upset every neighbourhood she moved into, moved in next door to a friend of mine along the road.  She started behaving obnoxiously towards my friend and I spent some time every day listening to fresh tales of woe.

When this newcomer realised that I was a friend of her neighbour, she came to my house in a belligerent mood and said "Have you been talking about me behind my back?".  I replied "Yes, of course we have".  She has left us alone ever since.
Lovin' it. If you won't play her game, she's not interested.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

oldsalt1 wrote:Anyone gives me any trouble and I'll just ride me motorbikes over their gardens even if I'm skirted at the time, picture that if you can.
I really don't have the balls to ride a motorbike. But I'll tell you, that is something I would love to do in a real short mini skirt[/quote]
That something I do very often during our summer, off out to the countryside laxnes and the feeling of freedom is like nothing on earth. I do have to ride carefull and slow, jeans give only a little protection but with a skirt no protection. If its hot today then I will take a short ride skirted.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

. If its hot today then I will take a short ride skirted.[/quote]

I'm Jealous
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

As the whole world must know by now some of us Brits are struggling with the heat at moment but I love it. I've actually used it to wear a skirt and walk around the corner to my garage. Today I was in a soft black mini but not too short and walked around to house out back of me in it and stood chatting. I probably felt safe because they are moving out tomorrow but the point is that I'm making the move forward in my own street. I have gone from house to car a number of times this week and each time managed to do so in a calm way. Its the warm weather that helps me as I can use it as an excuse. I will get seen sooner or later by some one who I will feel concerned about, but until then I'm skirted.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

hairy wrote:[...] I'm making the move forward in my own street. [...]
Good on ya! Press forward.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

One step at a time. Next, speak to some people who may or may not be moving the next day. They won't care about your skirt any more than the first lot! Of course it will be highly unlikely that they will be moving soon, so they'll get a chance for it to become normal for them to see you skirted. Easier for them and you in the long run.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I am going to make a general reply and some of my examples are extreme......we may think that we will get some odd reactions when we go out
out on the street as a " man in a skirt ". ....If we seriously consider if we just wear a suitable skirt which a " man in a skirt " might wear there may
be no problem......however if we paint our nails,......dye our hair blue , ....wear lipstick, ..... wear pink female sweaters , ....or a fur coat....
or high heeled white boots .......the world at large might think we are rather odd and worthy of a second look.

There is probably a style of skirt which a " man in a skirt" can wear without turning any heads. .....the question is ......
How far can a " man in a skirt " go in creating a new "man in a skirt " fashion which is comfortable and practical , before his outfit becomes
unusual to the extent that people laugh at him and make his life a misery ? .............................weeladdie.....
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

weeladdie18 wrote:I am going to make a general reply and some of my examples are extreme......we may think that we will get some odd reactions when we go out
out on the street as a " man in a skirt ". ....If we seriously consider if we just wear a suitable skirt which a " man in a skirt " might wear there may
be no problem......however if we paint our nails,......dye our hair blue , ....wear lipstick, ..... wear pink female sweaters , ....or a fur coat....
or high heeled white boots .......the world at large might think we are rather odd and worthy of a second look.

There is probably a style of skirt which a " man in a skirt" can wear without turning any heads. .....the question is ......
How far can a " man in a skirt " go in creating a new "man in a skirt " fashion which is comfortable and practical , before his outfit becomes
unusual to the extent that people laugh at him and make his life a misery ? .............................weeladdie.....
I think a lot comes down to the wearer's confidence and how you project yourself whilst skirted. Most progress to a point they feel comfortable, it may start with "invisible denim" that looks like shorts, to even wearing dresses, heels, lipstick, earrings and other accessories at the other end of the spectrum... but it's the knack of just going out there and not giving a damn what others think. Observing what is within reasonable female parameters helps, I wear what most girls would do for work, ie smart pencils, stockings, flats or booties (knee high boots for winter) with a smart men's shirt. Dark men's colours like navy, black, grey help.

This
EJ+Johnson+EJ+Johnson+Delilah+Nightclub+D0D-YH8YqQAl.jpg
may get you some looks due to the material of the skirt and sheer top, but there's nothing wrong with how tight the skirt is.

Whereas this
20215089394_b286280df6_z.jpg
is bold due to the colour of his tights, I prefer to wear something more like Straight Fairy (who used to post here) does with a simple
N8 169a 160312.jpg
pencil skirt in place of trousers, though I would choose tights or stockings over socks. It's how you carry yourself. Nervous behaviour will attract looks, but wearing stuff most girls would avoid won't help either :wink:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

weeladdie18 wrote:I am going to make a general reply and some of my examples are extreme......we may think that we will get some odd reactions when we go out out on the street as a " man in a skirt ". ....If we seriously consider if we just wear a suitable skirt which a " man in a skirt " might wear there maybe no problem......however if we paint our nails,......dye our hair blue , ....wear lipstick, ..... wear pink female sweaters , ....or a fur coat.... or high heeled white boots .......the world at large might think we are rather odd and worthy of a second look.

There is probably a style of skirt which a " man in a skirt" can wear without turning any heads. .....the question is .....How far can a " man in a skirt " go in creating a new "man in a skirt " fashion which is comfortable and practical , before his outfit becomes
unusual to the extent that people laugh at him and and make his life a misery?
Just wearing a skirt seems to be pretty much OK.

Wearing a skirt, tights, heels, a bag, and fake breasts seems to be OK.

Appearing 100% female seems to be OK.

Doing a tragically bad job of appearing female (i.e. obviously cheap wig, terrible garish makeup, and satin baby clothes) is fetishism and best kept private.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I can understand the problem you can have with neighbors . Everybody can tell you it really doesn't matter because they don't pay your mortgage. But when you have to face them on a day to day basis its difficult.

I am selling my current house and downsizing . I am planning on moving into a certain 55 plus condominium community I figured that now is as good a time as ever to break the ice.

The units are sold either by their owner using their own realtor , or the management company may try to facilitate the sale.

Yesterday the management company was running an open house. For those not familiar with the terminology , an open house is when they advertise a unit that is for sale and anyone can walk in and visit the property.

Usually once you get there you register with the company so they could contact you with info about that particular unit and other properties that come up for sale.

Well I put on a denim skirt and walked in . I had no problems . Met some of the people from the management company. I registered with them , and now they know whom I am what type of unit I am looking for and also what I wear.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

In the U.K. my next move might be to down size to an over 55 ' s apartment with a communial lounge .......might be a good move for an older
person living on their own......Just see what is a available when the time is right ...........before I get too old..., weeladddie
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Sadly the UK summer is now close to ending and with that so does my skirt wearing, I really only enjoy my skirting out of doors when I like going bear legged.
I've not got over my fear of going outside of my house, I think it's time to admit that its me stopping myself from doing so and I can't keep blaming it on the people in my road. It was up to me to just get over it and I Didn't, I just needed to be a little braver and as yet not had what it takes. I Don't understand why I fear doing it but I do.
May be next summer!