An ebay find

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

An ebay find

Post by victor1964 »

Probably not the best photo I've seen to sell a skirt on ebay :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: An ebay find

Post by r.m.anderson »

The full Ebay item number for reference/search:

Note the model in this auction is wearing pantyhose aka tights and the usual discretion advised ! LOL !

Using LINK:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Just-Short-Red ... 0yFb0k9FXw

Another SEARCH LINK:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... T&_sacat=0

With skirts this short things are going to be just cheeky also note seller is in the UK
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

victor1964 wrote:Probably not the best photo I've seen to sell a skirt on ebay :lol:
Gad! That belongs in the NSFW (Not Safe For Work) category and is questionable in a family-friendly forum.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Did you manage to sell the skirt, OP? :lol:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The skirt is evidently too small for her both in girth and length. It doesn't help that she has a little excess around the middle either. I wouldn't be tempted to buy it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

That’s not a skirt.

That’s a cummerbund.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Like Mary Quant's/Twiggy's miniskirts in the 60s, it's destined to sweep the fashion world off its feet :wink:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote:Like Mary Quant's/Twiggy's miniskirts in the 60s, it's destined to sweep the fashion world off its feet :wink:
The interesting thing here is that Mary Quant's designs were positively modest compared to some of the stuff we see today. Yes, they shocked the sensibilities at the time, but they did offer enough cover for the wearer so as not to be overtly obscene.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I see the Victoria and Albert museum is preparing a Mary Quant Exhibition....there are some references to Mary Quant and her fashion styles
on the internet............It was said that if she designed a short skirt....her clientel wanted the garment made shorter.

I must remind my friends that what we saw on the streets , in the work place and in Colleges in the late 1960 ' s was not perhaps what was shown
on the fashion catwalks.

One of the exiting outfits of that era was the brown leather miniskirt suit with the knee high lace up high heeled boots . The wearers were tall
and slim.......... does anyone remember the trolleys ? .............weeladdie
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I met such a creature at a party in March 1968 and on our first date I took her to Brands Hatch. She wore a suede miniskirt suit with long boots almost up to her knees and I don't mind admitting I was bowled over.
That suit displayed her figure well....that of a tall powerful International Ladies' Lacrosse player, which she was at the time.

Tom
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

weeladdie18 wrote:I see the Victoria and Albert museum is preparing a Mary Quant Exhibition...
Hardly victorian but a legendary fashion designer for sure.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

The V&A was named after those Royals, but contains an awful lot of stuff that isn't 'Victorian', so it's a perfect London venue for such an exhibition.

Tom
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kirbstone wrote:The V&A was named after those Royals, but contains an awful lot of stuff that isn't 'Victorian', so it's a perfect London venue for such an exhibition.
No, see, like "victorian" sometimes means (at least here) extremely prim, proper, sexually-repressed, and clothed neck-to-foot, and Mary Quant was none of that...

Or have I reached too far?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Well the Victorian part might be a little repressed, but the Prince Albert part has no such inhibitions!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Caultron wrote:No, see, like "victorian" sometimes means (at least here) extremely prim, proper, sexually-repressed, and clothed neck-to-foot, and Mary Quant was none of that...
We have a conundrum here. If the folks in the Victorian era were sexually repressed then how did they manage to breed? Lust will find a way!

Keep in mind just how much progress got made in that period of time -- and how much it helped turn the planet into the "global village" that it is today. Much of it was ghastly, of course, if one wasn't in the upper class, but it also set the stage for the fairly prosperous mid 20th Century, the memory of which is fading fast for everybody but the upper class.

Note also, that Mary Quant's designs were positively modest by current standards.