Traveling skirted

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Traveling skirted

Post by Caultron »

Mark as in Mark wrote:Been really busy at work but still look in at times...
It's good to hear from you, Mark. As I recall, the last time you posted you were returning form Germany to the US and I was afraid your management here had put a kibosh on the whole skirt-wearing thing.

Did you delete your Pinterest account for some reason?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

The travel to my destination was quite uneventful. One TSA agent gleefully exclaimed "We have and Old Scottsman traveling today". He has some Scottish background, we chatted briefly about our common ethnic heritage.

I did catch a few glances, but I really was not paying attention to people who might be paying attention to me. I did catch on young woman trying to catch a peek up my skirt (she was bending over in an unnecessary and unnatural way in front of my seat!).

I'll be flying back in the same rig and I expect the same non-reactions and a comfortable couple of flights and layover.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Wesley wrote:...I did catch on young woman trying to catch a peek up my skirt (she was bending over in an unnecessary and unnatural way in front of my seat!)...
When that happens, tell her, "Oh, I wish you hadn't done that. Now I only have two choices. I can either report you for sexual harassment or ask you for a date."
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Mark as in Mark wrote:
kilty wrote: (Haven't seen him about much of late :blue: )
Been really busy at work but still look in at times.

I have been though airports Dallas/Ft. Worth, San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, London Heathrow, LA, Frankfurt, Zurich, and Paris all while wearing skirts and high heels. Only bad experiences come from passengers. Never had a problem with security. Always been treated the same even when having to be patted down. I have been asked a few times during pat downs if i preferred a female agent or a male agent to do the pat downs. Always choose the female :D Airline staffs always act professional and most flight attendants (male or female) always give compliments.

I do get more looks and questions asked than normal when going thru customs however. But still no big deal. I had one female custom agent in Switzerland actually come on to me. :oops: :roll:

Traveling by rail in Europe I do get more rude comments (assumption since it's always in a language i don't understand, but the looks given are the same). Maybe the difference in comments flying or by train is the class of people.
Great to hear from you again! You are my inspiration for smart corporate wear now! Bought some more smart skirts for work, though I would struggle in those heels of yours. Booties or no more than 2 inch heel court shoes for me. I need to get some fancy tights though, your seamed ones which were on Pinterest were great!

Any plans for another album as your contrbution was great! :wink:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

wesley wrote:I did catch a few glances, but I really was not paying attention to people who might be paying attention to me. I did catch on young woman trying to catch a peek up my skirt (she was bending over in an unnecessary and unnatural way in front of my seat!).

If she was sitting and you were bending over she would have started screaming and had you arrested for being a pervert
Last edited by Uncle Al on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed BBCode Quoting Format
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

I had a flight from Dallas to Brussels, Belgium about 4 weeks ago. Traveled with skirt and heels. Again no problems. Took the train from Brussels to Liege with no problems.

I have more pictures, but these are the few without a lot of people in the background.
IMG_2588.jpg
IMG_2124.jpg
IMG_2125.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Mark as in Mark wrote:I had a flight from Dallas to Brussels, Belgium about 4 weeks ago. Traveled with skirt and heels. Again no problems. Took the train from Brussels to Liege with no problems.
Looking good Mark. :)
Those Mary Jane, block-heeled, shoes look really comfortable.
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

shadowfax wrote: Looking good Mark. :)
Those Mary Jane, block-heeled, shoes look really comfortable.
Thanks. These heels, even at 4" are very comfortable to walk in. They have become my favorite airport/traveling shoes as I can "almost" walk all day in them.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I don't know Mark I think you are slipping a little . It looks like brown Mary Janes with a black when we all know you have black ones with a double strap :roll: :lol: :roll:
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

oldsalt1 wrote:I don't know Mark I think you are slipping a little . It looks like brown Mary Janes with a black when we all know you have black ones with a double strap :roll: :lol: :roll:
I think that Mark's black, Mary Janes with double straps also have stiletto heels? Not ideal on travelators or escalators like the ones at airports and railway stations. :wink:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

shadowfax wrote:I think that Mark's black, Mary Janes with double straps also have stiletto heels? Not ideal on travelators or escalators like the ones at airports and railway stations.
As always, the narrower the heel, the less stable, so the more you need care on planting it.

For me, straps are a necessity to keep the shoes from falling off. But, by holding foot and shoe together more firmly, they also help with stability.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Mark as in Mark wrote:I had a flight from Dallas to Brussels, Belgium about 4 weeks ago. Traveled with skirt and heels. Again no problems. Took the train from Brussels to Liege with no problems.

I have more pictures, but these are the few without a lot of people in the background.
IMG_2588.jpg
IMG_2124.jpg
IMG_2125.jpg
I love that floral skirt! Looks great, good you can travel with no problems at all. Look like a nice casual ensemble. Love the white top as well :P
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

oldsalt1 wrote:I don't know Mark I think you are slipping a little . It looks like brown Mary Janes with a black when we all know you have black ones with a double strap :roll: :lol: :roll:
OS, while the skirt is basically black, but it also has some brown and maroon around the print (white print). I think brown heels can be worn with this skirt but my black heels would go along just as well. I choose the brown for the comfort while traveling (theme of this thread) as shadowfox pointed out.
shadowfax wrote:I think that Mark's black, Mary Janes with double straps also have stiletto heels? Not ideal on travelators or escalators like the ones at airports and railway stations. :wink:
I mentioned in another tread that my black stilettos with double straps were very comfortable but only for wearing at the office. I would never wear them while traveling that would require long walks. My brown Mary-Jane's have a block heel and is much more comfortable than stilettos when having to walk for long distances. Both are 4" and I do prefer the stilettos over the block heel. I feel I look better a stiletto heel than something chunky :D :lol:

Wesley

Post by Wesley »

I put on a skirt when I left my motel for the airport and spent the next 12 hours in public. My driver asked me if that was a kilt (yes - though it was a long, woman's kilt)). A couple stewardesses complimented me, one saying that it was a nice ensemble, and that I looked really well put together (nobody tells me that when I'm in pants!).

This was a real good confidence builder. If my wife wasn't so bothered I would probably dress skirted in public regularly.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Congratulations on an excellent adventure.

Keep slowly working on the wife. Try to make whatever progress you can without triggering strong backlash.

caultron