Noticability

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Noticability

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote:You must elaborate on this, please.
Think the "Running of the Bulls" which is held around that time each year.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

crfriend wrote:
Freedomforall wrote:You must elaborate on this, please.
Think the "Running of the Bulls" which is held around that time each year.

Oh my! That is quite a picture.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Freedomforall wrote:Geron that one has captured my eye for some time now. Did you find the sizing to be accurate?
Yes, spot on. And they were very helpful, offering a free exchange if the size was wrong even though mine was a sale item. I'm delighted with it. Might buy another colour too.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Re: The Running of the Bulls in Pamplona.

There was alas a tragic loss of life at this event one year with some eighteen young men being gored to death against the barricade by several running bulls.
At the subsequent inquest the outcome was worded thus: You shouldn't put all your Basques in one Exit! :alien: :bom:

Btw. Been there!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Tom, groan, I should have expected something like that from you. Keep it up, whatever it is. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kirbstone wrote:Re: The Running of the Bulls in Pamplona.

There was alas a tragic loss of life at this event one year with some eighteen young men being gored to death against the barricade by several running bulls.
At the subsequent inquest the outcome was worded thus: You shouldn't put all your Basques in one Exit!...
A man was standing on a bridge over a canal and accidentally dropped his wallet over the side.
By great fortune, the wallet landed on a fish that was sunning itself near the surface. Then, when fish flinched, it knocked the wallet back into the air.
After which it hit a second fish that again flinched the wallet into the air, and then a third that did the same.
And so the wallet ended up on shore where the man could retrieve it.
This is believed to be the first recorded instance of carp-to-carp walleting.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kirbstone wrote:...At the subsequent inquest the outcome was worded thus: You shouldn't put all your Basques in one Exit!...
joke.
An Indian chief named Pythagoras had three wives, all of whom all slept in his one tent: one on a bear skin, one on a buffalo skin, and one on a hippopotamus skin.

In time, the wife who slept on the bear skin had a baby boy, the wife who slept on the buffalo skin also had a baby boy, and the wife who slept on the hippopotamus skin had two baby boys.

Proving once again that the sons of the squaw of the hippopotamus are equal to the sons of the squaws of the other two hides.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Caultron wrote:This is believed to be the first recorded instance of carp-to-carp walleting.
That whole story sounds mighty fishy to me. It floundered before it even got out of the gate.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote:
crfriend wrote:Think the "Running of the Bulls" which is held around that time each year.
Oh my! That is quite a picture.
Or, the insurance commercial that still sees airtime occasionally, The Running of the Bulldogs.

Yes, I have a very well-developed sense of the absurd. It helps keep me sane in an insane world.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I grew up on a farm with lots of livestock. Some of these livestock were cattle. I had a pet Brown Swiss cow that was so gentle you could just sit on her like a horse. I went to feed the cattle one day and decided to spend a little time with my pet cow. We had a Brahma bull at the time. Unbeknownst to me the bull had taken a liking to my pet cow. He came over to "check" me out as I was petting my cow. This unnerved me and I started walking away. And I am sure you have figured where this story is going. Mr. Brahma bull begins to follow me too. The faster I walked, the faster he would walk. Of course my pet cow had to follow us as well. We were all three in a dead run before long. I was able to jump the gate to safety! So, no bull running for me and especially with a skirt.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

crfriend wrote:That whole story sounds mighty fishy to me. It floundered before it even got out of the gate.
Oh ye of little fete.

caultron
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Kirbstone wrote:Re: The Running of the Bulls in Pamplona.

You shouldn't put all your Basques in one Exit! :alien: :bom:

Btw. Been there!

Tom
Tut tut, Tom, don't you know that Pamplona is in Navarra?

I've been there too, though not during the San Fermin festival so it was perfectly safe. To liven things up a little I wore a kilt and a red academic gown. The locals looked puzzled.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

skirtyscot wrote:...... Tut tut, Tom, don't you know that Pamplona is in Navarra?

I've been there too, though not during the San Fermin festival so it was perfectly safe. To liven things up a little I wore a kilt and a red academic gown. The locals looked puzzled.
There is a difference between Basque Country and Basque Country. One is a formal part in Spain and the other refers to the region where they speak the basque language. The latter has also parts in France as well of Navarra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Co ... community)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Co ... er_region)

Plamplona is also for me the city with a thrill. In the 70s I was on a bike trip and was about to enter Pamplona. At the edge of the city, traffic was routed around the city center. I was in search of food and a restaurant so I sneaked in. Then I found out why traffic was diverted. Near the city center were barricades in the streets. The friendly people helped me get my bike over the barricades but I did not understand their warnings in spanish. Closer to the center, I saw from afar police chasing people and firing teargas. I took shelter in a shop entrance and waited for the scene to calm down. They were also shooting and at some moment, a stray bullet hit the wall of the building and some brick fragments and dust fell down in front of me. After a while it became quiet and I continued my ride through the now empty streets. I did my business in a little village outside of the city. I don't need a St Firmin to get my excitement in Pamplona.
Dia1373q.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Alastair,

Zet voss a choak! I vuddn't verk to put all hyou Navarrenss in von exit! :roll:

In 1965 I was in the Biarritz/Santander area during Hurricane Anna. All the downhill streets were fast-flowing rivers and there was a serious waterfall spilling down into the 'Port Vieux at Biarritz.
We fled over the Sierra Navarre mountains (7000 ft) to Pamplona where it was warm and dry, the sequential coloured fountains were playing in the squares and the local red wine was like nectar.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

skirtyscot wrote:...... I've been there too, though not during the San Fermin festival so it was perfectly safe. To liven things up a little I wore a kilt and a red academic gown. The locals looked puzzled.
The locals looked puzzled ......?
You mean they looked scared to death when you showed up in your red robe. They still must remember it ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Df191WJ3o
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak