Teenage girl suspended for two days over wearing trousers

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Teenage girl suspended for two days over wearing trousers

Post by moonshadow »

Did ya gasp!?

Now you all should have known better! This is America... we don't treat our girls that way... the REAL story involves... a guy... (of course it does!) :roll:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-sc ... 39800.html
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Teenage girl suspended for two days over wearing trouser

Post by Caultron »

Some people just have no sense of humor.

The boys could probably win a court case but I suspect they'd much rather just enjoy summer vacation.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Caultron wrote:Some people just have no sense of humor.

The boys could probably win a court case but I suspect they'd much rather just enjoy summer vacation.
The boys could probably win a court case but I suspect they'd much rather just enjoy summer vacation
AND WITH A DIPLOMA*

*No mention of not attending graduation - not receiving diploma.
But being seniors - graduation was in order.

Maybe next years class will bring this to head and further define the school's dress code.

And YES the thread title did throw me for minute - but wait what the ---- !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I looked at the calendar just to make sure that it wasn't April 1st. The headline seems so improbable that it must be true. So the gender equality dress code has finally been exposed as a myth in that the dress code is written so as to allow boys to wear dresses/skirts but when they actually do ....

If I were any of the boys then I would organise for all boys to turn up on the first day of the next term in a dress/skirt with a small badge on their chest/lapel saying, "I dare you, suspend me!". Difficult to suspend a large group for doing something that's legal and complies with the dress code. It would bring out the rebel in me which is precisely why I am in trouble now.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Unless proven otherwise, I would assume that there is an unwritten rule forbidding MIS, even if the official dress code seems to permit it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Grok wrote:Unless proven otherwise, I would assume that there is an unwritten rule forbidding MIS, even if the official dress code seems to permit it.
Unwritten rules or laws do not have the rule of the law. Meaning they can not be enforced. And if taken to a court of law will be thrown out as not enforceable. If the dress code permits it then the parties have a case against the school district and will win in court.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Which may prompt The Powers That Be to alter the dress code. For example, requiring all students, male and female, to wear twin tubes.