What if men in skirts was totally accepted by society?

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What if men in skirts was totally accepted by society?

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Charlie wrote:No Skirt Cafe and all the like-minded friends across the world :(
Charlie
Not too sure I would like that. I would then never have met so many great folks that share my love of a skirt. That would be just horrible.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I really don't have a post for this I tried the same top with pants and a skirt . I honestly think the skirt looks much better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I think oldsalt is trying to start a PantsCafe forum ready for when men in skirts are totally accepted.

PS. yes the skirted outfit does look more shapely.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

denimini wrote:I think oldsalt is trying to start a PantsCafe forum ready for when men in skirts are totally accepted.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I think that both look normal and neither should raise any eyebrows of the great unwashed. Looks good OS.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

The footwear is striking even more so with the boots and skirt or is it skirt and boots.
With the pants the bright white sneakers draw the attention away from the pants.
Do the same with the skirt and one could be a cheerleader or Hooters waitress.
All IMHO.

We are going into February the month of "RED" Valentines day and all that.
Shades of red acceptable - - -

Next it will be March the month of "GREEN" St. Pats day.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

r.m.anderson wrote:The footwear is striking even more so with the boots and skirt or is it skirt and boots.
With the pants the bright white sneakers draw the attention away from the pants.
Do the same with the skirt and one could be a cheerleader or Hooters waitress.
All IMHO.

We are going into February the month of "RED" Valentines day and all that.
Shades of red acceptable - - -

Next it will be March the month of "GREEN" St. Pats day.
April yellow due to easter?
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

...I'd of course keep on wearing skirts! If it might seem boring to be "just another man in a skirt", you can do a lot to push the envelope anyway. There are skirts, and then there are skirts. Plain 'ol skirts are great for comfort (etc. etc. etc.), and if skirting becomes commonplace then plain skirts will predominate. But for me the fun is in wearing more adventuresome, more feminine skirts combined with freestyling the rest of the outfit... now THAT will probably not become commonplace!
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
jjjjohanne

Post by jjjjohanne »

I would argue that I have been accepted anywhere I have gone in a skirt. But, I get the point of the topic...

I think the only differences in my life would be:
* My wife would go out in public with me dressed in a skirt.
* I might wear a skirt to work occasionally.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Post by Feeling freedom »

I would wear a skirt all the time!!

Oldsalt....the boots are dressy and the sweater is casual. Do you have a more dressy sweater or more casual boots? All pieces of an outfit need to match in style, balanced mix in texture and co-ordinated colour.
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I feel that most of us who have been out on the street in our skirts for a few years are happy with the situation.

I do not feel we will get any greater acceptance as the vast majority of the male population are not interested in a

male skirt wearing society or in following any male fashion.....I feel that men just put on their clothes for warmth and protection..

The male who wishes to wear his skirts for work has to consider his contract of employment , which may be open to negociation......

and his personal safety in his risk assessment .....The employee has to act in a responsible manner regarding his risk assessment......

As far as I am aware there is no law preventing a man wearing a skirt .......... just go for it................weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I am a comparative newbie to the Café. I have many years experience wearing the Kilt or wearing one of my large collection of skirts.

I feel it is embaracing to say the size of my collection over many years may put The size of The Sinned Collection to shame.

If men in skirts was totally acceptable I would still deviate from the norm by wearing a skirt which I wish to wear.

I would not wear the style of skirt which it might be " fashionable " for a man to wear at any point in the future.

I am quite happy to go out wearing the skirt of my choice and feel a sense of comfort and achievement by wearing that particular style of skirt

and not be noticed or have any comments made ...Perhaps that is just my mood of the day.

Today I went out wearing a skirt with white ankle socks , a Tweed Sports jacket and a Traditional Soft leather Scottish Drovers Sporran worn on

a traditional heavy male belt around my waist... The skirt I chose to wear was a classical below the Knee full black sunray pleated skirt.

The outfit was smart and suitable to wear out to Sunday Lunch in the early summer temperatures in S. W. U.K.

I really cannot say why I chose to wear that particular skirt .

Perhaps it is just nice to be free to choose how to be comfortably dressed to go out to Sunday Lunch............. Weeladdie
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

WeeLaddie, The Sinned Collection is currently 105 skirts including 1 skort, 1 kilt and are a variety of colours, lengths, materials, sizes and textures. Of those 10 are marginally too small and are tartan skirts that were bought early on before I became more discriminating. I am loathe to throw them out because losing a bit of weight means that they may be wearable and I like the tartans. The rest are all wearable, some require belts, and I try to rotate them into my wardrobe. I used to own more but have thinned them out and now if I wear a skirt and am not immediately thrilled with it then it goes out. The skirt has to be really special now for me to buy it and I really have too many. [0]

[0] Not.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Sinned , thank you for your comments. I probably have more skirts in my collection than you.

However I am embaraced to establish the exact number. My collection goes back many years.

I went though a period of enjoying the thrill of skirt hunting in the charity shops.

I would not purchase a garment unless I was prepared to walk out of the shop wearing it.

I wear my skirts on a Rota so that I do not wear the same garment two days , or two weeks

running....I must cull my collection. Should I wear one of my collection once a fortnight or

once a Year ? ... How often should one Item be worn.

My main style this year has been full summer skirts worn just below the Knee.

It is ridiculous to have skirts taking up storage space and hardly ever wearing them,...weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

As I do not wear the same skirt regularly out on the street , perhaps this is why folks do not

recognise me when they see me. Perhaps the average person only has four or five changes of

trousers or skirts in their wardrobe.....I suppose I do not have much time to address this

issue as I am retired......weeladdie