Introduction from the Cold Cotswolds :-)

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Introduction from the Cold Cotswolds :-)

Post by weeladdie18 »

Grok wrote:Perhaps if one tries skirts, and likes them, one becomes curious about other open ended garments? :?:
Grok..I find your comment interesting...I have come to a point in my skirt wearing life where I might give dresses on sale in the

charity shops more consideration. .... one of the problems with a dress is that the garment is worn under other upper garments....

the jacket or coat...and requires considerable layers of clothes to be removed before the garment can be removed.

It is not a simple matter to remove a dress and replace the garment with a skirt or trousers.

As John is a recent Newbie and I am a raw rookie from South West England ,I would like to welcome him and thank him for his photo.

.....Weeladdie18
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

John.Welcome from the far South West of England. This is my second reply to your Introduction ...You make me feel old when you talk about

a commune and the Revolution......... I went to technical college and then to Art College in the Swinging Sixties.

Interesting days in the way that Fashions and Lifestyle changed in that era. The popularity of the original Mini Skirt and the

birth of the popular Female Tights and Pantiehose in about 1967. .....Perhaps this was the era which produced the change in male attitude to

their clothes ? Men in Skirts was just a Dream at that time.....Even today it is unusual to see Men in Skirts out

on the street as a group of trend setters. .....They say that the male Utilitikilt is popular in Seattle where the garment was

designed and manufactured.... As far as I can remember the creator of this garment claimed it was a male skirt.

There must be a good reason why no other style of male skirt has become popular for regular male wear.

I feel there are many unanswered questions in this line of discussion. .....weeladdie18
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

weeladdie18 wrote:...They say that the male Utilitikilt is popular in Seattle where the garment was designed and manufactured.... As far as I can remember the creator of this garment claimed it was a male skirt. There must be a good reason why no other style of male skirt has become popular for regular male wear...
I think it's just because kilts have been acceptable male attire for many years, at least in certain settings like parades and festivals. A utility kilt then becomes sort of a crossover garment.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron