Support from the wife

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Support from the wife

Post by melsav »

Life would be much easier if we had the full support of the wife, i know some of you do, but not all. to go out shopping together and if you see a skirt you like go and buy it together, try it on and ask what she thinks. like the guy in the picture. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Re: Support from the wife

Post by skirtedMarine »

Yes Sir!
Many of us are in that boat with a wife as mine who would say;
Its ok with me if a man wears a skirt, Just not My Man!
Imagine as I'm sure its been repeated many times under the palm trees here if we said;
Its ok if a woman wears pants, but NOT MY WOMAN!
Talk about inviting desert combat!
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

A simple denim skirt like that is practically invisible if worn with otherwise masculine attire. People are more likely to notice if you are wearing a funny hat than a denim skirt. The brain sees male + bare legs + denim and what registers if "shorts", so they don't notice. On the rare occasion it does register, the reaction is just a double-take and, by the time they have cogniotively grasped "male in a skirt", the immediate shock of the oddity has virtually evaporated.

You will get FAR more reaction in a traditional Scottish kilt, or even a pair of bright pink trousers, than a simple denim skirt.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Reading the above excerpt to Phillip the only thing I would add is:

"And then I woke up from my fabulous dream and looked out the window to see the pigs flying by overhead."
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

I'm one of the lucky ones with active encouragement from my wife and daughter. You must all work GENTLY to get wives/partners on side. Its so much nicer walking about in towns and anywhere when you have the women in your lives on your side.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote:Reading the above excerpt to Phillip the only thing I would add is:

"And then I woke up from my fabulous dream and looked out the window to see the pigs flying by overhead."
Dennis, I found a skirt along that theme.
https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.1023706 ... ffffff.jpg
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirtedMarine wrote:Its ok with me if a man wears a skirt, Just not My Man!
And there it is right there... To my knowledge Jenn has never called me "her man". To say that implies I am her property. I am NOT. Nor is she "my woman".

Slaves are property. I am neither slave nor property. I am her husband, her friend, and a few others things, but I'm NOT her property.

And that my friends is the key that unlocks that door.

Yes, I am too much for most women to handle. They want someone they can control and dominate. No matter, this is the life I have chosen.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thank you Anthony, if it weren't a pencil skirt I would find that eminently wearable. The theme would be appropriate too as saying yes you see a man in a skirt now look for the flying pigs! You don't see any well, what you see must be believable. Thanks for that.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Sinned wrote:Thank you Anthony, if it weren't a pencil skirt I would find that eminently wearable.
Don't worry.... it's apparently a mini-skirt, the site tells us... only the pic is titled pencil skirt :?
https://www.redbubble.com/people/lornam ... l=carousel
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

SkirtsDad wrote: .... it's apparently a mini-skirt, the site tells us... only the pic is titled pencil skirt...
"Mini" pertains to the length of the skirt -- short, usually at least 3" or so above the knee.

"Pencil" refers to the width -- close fitting from top to bottom.

So minis may or may not be pencils, and pencils may or may not be minis.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Ah, the utter clarity that is fashion nomenclature.
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

moonshadow wrote:
skirtedMarine wrote:Its ok with me if a man wears a skirt, Just not My Man!
And there it is right there... To my knowledge Jenn has never called me "her man". To say that implies I am her property. I am NOT. Nor is she "my woman".

Slaves are property. I am neither slave nor property. I am her husband, her friend, and a few others things, but I'm NOT her property.

And that my friends is the key that unlocks that door.

Yes, I am too much for most women to handle. They want someone they can control and dominate. No matter, this is the life I have chosen.
I agree with you on this, Moonshadow, and I think that's precisely the reason Margaret and I can go around together, both skirted, quite happily.

At first, many years ago now, she didn't much like me wearing skirts, but always knew she could not control me. I carried on wearing skirts at home for many years. When I first ventured out skirted, in a small way (in the garden, at a campsite, etc.), she was usually with me. I never went out skirted secretly. Gradually I went to more public places, and she got more used to the looks I was getting, but has never become as indifferent to them as I have.

I really think that is the way to go. From all I've heard about women's struggle to be accepted in trousers, I believe that's how most of them got there - by just doing it regardless.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Caultron wrote:
SkirtsDad wrote: .... it's apparently a mini-skirt, the site tells us... only the pic is titled pencil skirt...
"Mini" pertains to the length of the skirt -- short, usually at least 3" or so above the knee.

"Pencil" refers to the width -- close fitting from top to bottom.

So minis may or may not be pencils, and pencils may or may not be minis.
I beg to differ:

Pencil skirt (in British)
noun
a slim-fitting knee-length skirt with a straight cut
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

https://themakersatelier.com/journal/br ... ncil-skirt

The whole idea is it look like a pencil, so unless you sharpen your pencils until they almost to the end, I cannot see how a mini-skirt can be a pencil skirt.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Sinned wrote:Ah, the utter clarity that is fashion nomenclature.
Sometimes I think it's not help by sites (especially in the far east) trying to make sure you arrive at their page, even it it's not what you are looking for.... Is it a translation issue perhaps?

For instance, searchin for party dress on ebay you might come up with:

"Off-shoulder Bodycon Crop Top & Mini Dress Bodycon Party Skirt Set 2 piece"

In the case above, it wasn't a dress and wasn't off the shoulder (i.e. some material on the upper arms). Typically it would simply be described as a stretch crop top and mini-skirt set (or co-ords or matching or similar), but that might miss out on hits!
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

denimini wrote:
Sinned wrote:Reading the above excerpt to Phillip the only thing I would add is:

Dennis, I found a skirt along that theme.
https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.1023706 ... ffffff.jpg
Guess that this beer will go well with the skirt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.