Non Participant

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Non Participant

Post by Caultron »

skirtedMarine wrote:We're all stumbling through life, One thing I can say is that some of us silly P###ks here might be opinionated, academically inclined.... Politically motivated, and afflicted by Cranial Rectal inversion, but with time, I hope you might find the entertainment in the characters that I've found -ForFree! Cheers, from Oahu!
Scott
For sure, reparté and lively discussion can easily be mistaken for criticism.

Many years ago there was a local television program in Chicago called Kup's Corner dedicated to the theme, "The lively art of conversation." This is a wonderful phrase because I, for one, much prefer taking honorable sides and exercising one's brain to mutual admiration societies.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I fail to see where hoborob feels that he unwelcome. I may not agree with everything he has posted but then the same applies to others of you too. I don't think that there has been any disconcerted antagonism towards him. Maybe he has not been courted as much as he would like but then you get the attention proportional to your input and I have had some of my comments ignored as well so that's not unusual. If hoborob does look in maybe he could clarify with some examples, then we can comment further and potentially try an fix any perceived deficiencies. We can't fix what we don't know about.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sinned wrote:...We can't fix what we don't know about.
So true.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

We can't fix what we don't know about.
At least We're willing to try! :ugeek:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtedMarine wrote:At least We're willing to try! :ugeek:
There is that, but: is it broken?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote:
skirtedMarine wrote:At least We're willing to try! :ugeek:
There is that, but: is it broken?
I really don't think it is. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Sorry you found the cafe disagreeable. I left it for a couple years so I don’t know what contributed to your dismay. A bit of time removed is sometimes helpful to clear the mind and forgive all us miserable curmudgeons. Wishing you a speedy healing process. Take care.

Dillon
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...