Double Standards

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
tbryant2k12

Re: Double Standards

Post by tbryant2k12 »

It's social and gender norms that are out of touch. They dictate what both male and females wear and how they act. At one time society said women can't wear pants, but now it's acceptable. The only reason why men stopped wearing skirt like garments was because of riding horses during a war. Then when the Industrial Revolution came, pants became the standard wear in factories for safety. Many clothes also carry an arbitrary gender label. There's no reason why men can't wear skirts and other female labelled clothes other that social and gender norms.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Double Standards

Post by Sinned »

Thank you, Moon, for the comment. Like you and many others I try my best to further our cause but I have a hindrance or two that you don't have. Let free of the shackles and I would frolic in my rainbow attire. And I do mean primary colours as well as pastels.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Convert

Post by Grok »

Scroll down to the Favourite Scottish Things Tag. About 3 minutes in Sarah Courtney starts talking about tartans and then the kilt.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCEDteFEln_5SfAkv1wuxP9g