Men in skirts and dresses in our culture...

Discussion of fashion elements and looks that are traditionally considered somewhat "femme" but are presented in a masculine context. This is NOT about transvestism or crossdressing.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men in skirts and dresses in our culture...

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have discussed with my wife about not enough women are wearing dresses and skirts. I bought some dresses and skirts for her and she began buying and wearing skirts, dresses, and accessories more often. She is very good looking and I like to shop for her. She has way too many of a lot of things because I get carried away. "Good Looking" is not adequate enough to describe her, she is beautiful and has a beautiful attitude.
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Now I am wearing skirts, my wife starts to wear dresses again. That is a win/win situation.

In our wardrobe there is a pile of leggings we both use . :kiltdance:
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Rokje wrote:Now I am wearing skirts, my wife starts to wear dresses again. That is a win/win situation.

In our wardrobe there is a pile of leggings we both use.
Sounds like a great arrangement to me!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

saw an episode of Star Trek last night Kirk and Spok were captured by some guy dressed in roman costumes who could mentally control them In one scene both kirk and spock were wearing tunics short ones at that.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

oldsalt1 wrote:saw an episode of Star Trek last night Kirk and Spok were captured by some guy dressed in roman costumes who could mentally control them In one scene both kirk and spock were wearing tunics short ones at that.
The Star Trek uniform tunics were called Skants - Ebay LINK:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... t&_sacat=0

Other than that the tunics could have been standard roman prison garb.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

oldsalt1 wrote:saw an episode of Star Trek last night Kirk and Spok were captured by some guy dressed in roman costumes who could mentally control them In one scene both kirk and spock were wearing tunics short ones at that.
There's an episode of Next Generation where Riker and crew end up on a planet controlled by women. The men have to wear iridescent outfits displaying their chests. The women have knitted sleeveless tops with massive shoulders, ankle length skirts in a heavyweight cloth and thick-soled knee-length black boots reminiscent of the Germans in WW2 movies. They were obviously intended to project a masculine air whilst wearing officially sanctioned female garb. Or was (a perception) that the men were not willing to wear skirts?

Personally, I just wanted to get an outfit like the women!

[I didn't quite get the description right. It's an episode called Angel One. Here's a picture from IMDb:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708676/med ... m273465600 ]
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

The episode was "PLatos Stepchildren about 35 minutes in
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I believe that the Star Trek "skants" are just the right length to be called tunics. I can imagine wearing trousers under one of those as an option.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Grok wrote:I believe that the Star Trek "skants" are just the right length to be called tunics. I can imagine wearing trousers under one of those as an option.
At on point you see Picard and Riker wearing trousers under one as a formal uniform for a special event.

:ugeek:
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

oldsalt1 wrote:The episode was "PLatos Stepchildren about 35 minutes in
That’s a different episode from the original series that I had forgotten about! Is it possible to get watch TNG online anywhere?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

greenboots wrote:
That’s a different episode from the original series that I had forgotten about! Is it possible to get watch TNG online anywhere?
If you join amazon prime I think you get all episodes for free
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

greenboots wrote:
A terrific episode that also had one of the first interracial kisses on U.S. television. They were supposed to shoot two versions of that episode, one for the North (with kiss) and one for the South (without kiss) but apparently Shatner and Nichols deliberately ruined every take, eventually forcing NBC to broadcast only the one with the kiss.

Netflix Canada has Star Trek OS, TNG, Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise. I imagine other Netflix branches must have them too.
Daryl...
gudulitooo

Post by gudulitooo »

You could have a look at "Les Schtroumpfs" (The smurfs, comic) and especially the derived comic "Johan & Pirlouit"
https://www.google.fr/search?q=johan+et ... 20&bih=978
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I was watching "The Return of the King" last night and I noticed that in Aragorn's wedding scene, right near the end, Legolas is wearing a white tunic-length dress. The shot is very brief and shows Legolas behind and to one side of Arwen. I don't think that he is wearing leggings underneath. I tried to look for a picture but couldn't find a satisfactory one.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.