Running into family / friends / collegues

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Running into family / friends / collegues

Post by Rokje »

Caultron wrote:
Eevee wrote:...What would I tell if I run into someone I know? I'm probably fine with just telling them that I just like skirts.
Having to hide part of who you are makes me sometimes sad, although I also am glad that at least when I'm by myself it isn't an issue.

How do others cope with this?, is this an issue at all for you?
Just play it straight, as if you were wearing shorts or trousers. No explanations, no cowering, no apologizing, just straight. Everything's OK. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

If they ask why you're wearing a skirt, try one of these:

* I'd get arrested if I just went around in my underwear.

* I'm just goofin' around.

* I'm just havin' fun being goofy.

* I've always wondered what it's like.

* One good thing about being an old man is that you get to be a crazy old man.

* Outstanding freedom of movement, excellent ventillation, no chaffing... (especially when hiking)

* I've been wearing trousers my whole life, and I just got tired of it.

* Residual teenage rebellion.

* I'm nuts.
:laff:
I'm nuts too, i always get away with it. :mrgreen:
All of my familiy knows about my fetish to wear skirts., Even my friends do. At homedepot* , or any other shop i go in wearing skirts. I don't care anymore how people might think about me wearing a skirt, i just wear them as it was normal to do so like wearing pants.

* We don't have Home Depot in the Netherlands
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Rokje wrote:I'm nuts too, i always get away with it.
All of my familiy knows about my fetish to wear skirts., Even my friends do. At homedepot* , or any other shop i go in wearing skirts. I don't care anymore how people might think about me wearing a skirt, i just wear them as it was normal to do so like wearing pants.
Exactly, If you act like everything's OK, the vast majority of other people will think everything's OK.
Rokje wrote:* We don't have Home Depot in the Netherlands
It's a chain of "box box" hardware and lumber stores.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Caultron wrote:.....
Rokje wrote:* We don't have Home Depot in the Netherlands
It's a chain of "box box" hardware and lumber stores.
The Dutch equivalent is Hornbach, but its origine is Germany. Their house color is also orange.

https://www.hornbach.de/
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Tell em there is a rebellion on its way and you intend to lead and not follow.
I know how you feel, my wife and daughter are fine about me going out ANYWHERE with them in a skirt but I worry about my elderly father getting to know, he would probably disinheret me. I don't want my stupid neighbours knowing either. Other than that away from home I'm fine while out skirted. The truth will get out sooner or later, so I'm going to try and make it sooner than later.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

"Today I was effectively blanked (ignored) by my Wife and Daughter.
Ouch!
Steve."

Steve, I've had that happen when on holiday and I've dared to actually wear a skirt for mealtimes. To see your OH and family, who supposedly profess love and admiration, sat away from you eating separately and ignoring you really, really hurts. All one can do is put on a brave face and try and forget it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:"Today I was effectively blanked (ignored) by my Wife and Daughter.
Ouch!
Steve."

Steve, I've had that happen when on holiday and I've dared to actually wear a skirt for mealtimes. To see your OH and family, who supposedly profess love and admiration, sat away from you eating separately and ignoring you really, really hurts. All one can do is put on a brave face and try and forget it.
My mother continues to forbid me being in the presence of her when I'm wearing a skirt. She knows, and upon talking to her you'd think she'd be supportive, and yet when I discuss getting together I'm told "you WILL dress normally for your mama!"

I don't see what the hell the big deal is..? My sister can garb herself out in cammo hunting gear and that's okay? Mom's boyfriend apparently approves (so she says) even going so far as to say that he'd wear a dress with me! Though I'm not sure if he was serious or just joking. At any rate, it shows the light hearted tone that now exists. So what's the problem? Quite honestly it really irritates me and has served to drive a wedge between us. I don't get around to see her near as much as I should because of this silly prejudice! :|
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.