Gender Neutral Dress Code

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Gender Neutral Dress Code

Post by r.m.anderson »

In those school uniform pix - the model "Chris M" is just as bad as those fashion runway photos/videos of men in skirts.
Nary a smile or even a hint of upward lip movement to pose a smirk. And those * RED * lip stick lips WOW !
The uniforms may just as well have been worn by a wax museum mannequin !
I have nothing to do with age discrimination but Chris is a tad bit too old for elementary and upper education uniforms - looks
like something out of a Frat house initiation prank !

Great that (UK) schools are coming around with an alternate approach to school uniforms.
And good for the boys that could not wear shorts one upping the system with skirts.

Ever so slowly the skirt movement moves on - - - - - - - - - -
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

r.m.anderson wrote:In those school uniform pix - the model "Chris M" is just as bad as those fashion runway photos/videos of men in skirts.
Nary a smile or even a hint of upward lip movement to pose a smirk. And those * RED * lip stick lips WOW !
The uniforms may just as well have been worn by a wax museum mannequin !
I have nothing to do with age discrimination but Chris is a tad bit too old for elementary and upper education uniforms - looks like something out of a Frat house initiation prank !...
Yeah, the blank expression, the stiff poses, the flat makeup, and the childhood uniforms all suggest some sort of fetish or submissive play. (Not that I'm any sort of expert or have much evidence or anything.)

But which, if true, calls the original article further into question.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Caultron wrote:
Bertino56 wrote:Yet another installment in the English school uniform controversy.
This example is slightly different in that it involves a Catholic school;
also, the male student pictured evidently had the good taste to add nylon
hosiery with his uniform skirt.
http://angelqueen.org/2017/07/23/cathol ... -for-boys/
The guy in the photo is named Chris Millett and he's no Catholic school student. His photos have been floating around the Internet for some time, sometimes in various school uniforms, sometimes in other uniforms, and sometimes ijn simple dresses. You can find some of these at https://pin.it/qnp7cv4dhtl6hv

And that casts some doubt on the whole article here.

But as to boys wearing skirts or dresses to school, I just don't see that as against the Catholic religion. I don't recall Jesus ever laying down a dress code.
I'm not sure where your doubt comes from...I certainly don't read it that way.

If you click on the link of the story then you will see that the photo is credited appropriately as "Picture: Hazelwick school uniform, © Chris Millett". There is nothing unusual about using stock photos and it even tells you that the uniform shown is from another school. Here is St Antonys non-gendered uniform list: http://www.stanthonysprimary.co.uk/atta ... 017-18.pdf

I did enjoy the comment under the article that read "Scottish boys wear kilts....sri lankans and burmese wear sarongs..long skirt...its our traditional dress...nothing namby pamby about a scotsman in a kilt or a sri lankan in a sarong..anyway, most priests wear long dresses...so whats the fuss.." My sentiment too :-)

You can find a longer version of the article here: http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/20 ... ar-skirts/

The full comment from the Clare Short (Third Order Secular Carmelite), who asserted that parents were "stunned and upset", can be found here: http://listeninginthedesert.com/?p=6741 From what I can make out, her issue is with the notion that children can be 'allowed' to be trans... the non-gendered uniform being part of the acceptance and perhaps even encouragement of that.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

My phone didn't pull up any comments. Probably for the better. Meh.... I'm sure the lines are already drawn and the arm chair warriors are assuming their various positions...

It's all quite prediictable at this point.

Nothing new...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

SkirtsDad wrote:...I'm not sure where your doubt comes from...I certainly don't read it that way.

If you click on the link of the story then you will see that the photo is credited appropriately as "Picture: Hazelwick school uniform, © Chris Millett". There is nothing unusual about using stock photos and it even tells you that the uniform shown is from another school...
Wouldn't you think they'd get a boy from their own school to pose in their own uniform, or at least a boy model?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

moonshadow wrote:My phone didn't pull up any comments. Probably for the better. Meh.... I'm sure the lines are already drawn and the arm chair warriors are assuming their various positions...

It's all quite prediictable at this point.

Nothing new...
Direct link to the comment page: https://gloria.tv/article/dRswNcCmZMv66wBxoWwsDnim2

It may only be one armchair warrior... the conservative Catholic... I can't find any other mention of dissent from any other parents. Do her own children even attend that school? Her whole argument really doesn't make much sense, imo. The uniform was not changed, just de-gendered. The children can wear exactly what they were wearing before. I cannot see why she thinks that the school should have consulted the parents when they are not affected in any way. Especially at a primary school, the parents are almost certainly deciding what their child will wear. So, if a parent wishes their daughter to only wear trousers, for instance, that's what they will most likely impose.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Caultron wrote:
SkirtsDad wrote:...I'm not sure where your doubt comes from...I certainly don't read it that way.

If you click on the link of the story then you will see that the photo is credited appropriately as "Picture: Hazelwick school uniform, © Chris Millett". There is nothing unusual about using stock photos and it even tells you that the uniform shown is from another school...
Wouldn't you think they'd get a boy from their own school to pose in their own uniform, or at least a boy model?
Well, the article was posted by GloriaTV ("a non-profit international Catholic social network and a video / news sharing platform") who are based in Dover, DE, USA so firstly obtaining an actual picture of a male pupil in a uniform is not that easy logistically. Additionally, the picture they have shown perhaps suits their objective, to put people off. One aim of GloriaTV is "the preservation of marriage and family". This ties in with the writings of Clare Short who refers to the Pope's belief that trans is "enemy of marriage today".

All in all, it appears to be an article written to satisfy the Churches conservative sympathisers. i.e. they are only preaching to the converted ;-)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

SkirtsDad wrote:All in all, it appears to be an article written to satisfy the Churches conservative sympathisers. i.e. they are only preaching to the converted ;-)
Indeed, we have the same issues over here. Lots of what we call "preaching to the choir"

The mind boggles at all this fuss over a piece of fabric.

I find it quite interesting that many people, around these parts, known as the "far right", supposedly tout "individual freedom and liberty", and yet are so put off by boys and men who wear skirts. I call them out, "don't you mean, individual freedom and liberty as long as what I want to do aligns with what you think I ought to be doing..?"

Of course, then again, I've already said more than most rednecks can comprehend.... :roll:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

On another third side of the coin - the freaking edge - whose is paying for these uniforms ?

THE SCHOOL
THE PARENTS
THE GOVERMENT aka taxpayer

Are the skirts less expensive than the trousers or shorts ?
Incentive to buy skirts
Are blouses less expensive than shirts ?
Incentive to buy blouses
What about those sweaters with/out gender detailing ?
Certain types of footwear maybe less expensive
Socks or Hosiery ?
AND underwear as always SC doesn't go there - we would like to but we don't ! LOL !

Living on the freaking edge - third side of the coin - - -
I wore uniforms in elementary school and high school and in the service to my country
later wore a business uniform of suit coat tie at my first job and then later with my 29
years with a major airline - retired and took a part-time job just to get out of the house a
few hours and guess what it required a uniform. Retired in 2006 and no more uniforms
I wear what I want when I want and I don't give what ever is given.
Started with kilts in 1986 as an introduction to unbifurcated gear and it was very easy
to adapt to skirts skorts and the alike after that - no dresses however. Just my size
does not work well with the dresses. Those into unbifurcated clothing know this well !
Just my size more often than not does not compute especially with dem Chinese folk.

There is something about being on a soap box and venting one's tirade and then the
peace after speaking and stepping off - bartender make that a double !

Good golly SC is a great place to be !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !