Floral

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Floral

Post by skirtyscot »

Almost all of my skirts are self-coloured. I did buy a floral one once, but by mistake. The photo on Ebay was not very good, and the pattern was fairly dark purple on black so I didn't see it on the screen. But a couple of months ago I was sorely tempted to buy a floral skirt. The pattern is verging on the abstract and the rich colours (including purple, no surprise there) looked really good. But the price was too high - over £20 IIRC. Anyway, I have strayed from the path of righteousness again, and had another look at Ebay. Well, wouldn't you know it, but the same skirt is there again, but cheaper! I bid the starting price and nobody else was interested, so now it is on its way to me. I have no idea if I will have the cojones to wear it outdoors, it may turn out to be a waste of £9. And I can't even guess what H will say. But I still think it looks really good. Bold, colourful.

Anyway, here it is. Whether or not you will see me in it, only time will tell.
Screenshot_20171122-235304.PNG
So, gentlemen, floral skirts - yes, no or it depends? This one and in general.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Floral

Post by crfriend »

Go for it!

I've had a number of florals over the years, and still do, and the ones I have get active mileage including at work. Nobody bats an eyelash. It's just colour.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well I would wear it any where. Look very nice.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I’d say a skirt like that begs to be worn with a black top. You could certainly make that work.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I agree with the others. I really like the skirt!

In fact, if you don't want it, and should you find a way to smuggle it stateside, if it's size 12 I'd love to have it! :D
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Wear it. Heck, my avatar shows me in one...

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I bought a floral skirt one time just to try one, I liked the style and length of it but then decided I do not like floral prints, nor look good in them. Way too fem and not my style after all.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

moonshadow wrote:... if you don't want it, and should you find a way to smuggle it stateside, if it's size 12 I'd love to have it! :D
You're too kind, and it is indeed a 12, but in UK sizing.

It's a summer skirt, so it may be a while before I model it, even if I do decide to keep it.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I've just had the fastest Ebay delivery ever! Ordered on Tuesday evening, a little after midnight, and it arrived today, Thursday.

And I love it! Disappointingly poor quality photo follows, with apologies to all haters of graininess. I think I will replace it with a decent snap when time permits.

Edit: dud photo deleted; rather better one to be found in my "pics & looks" thread.
Last edited by skirtyscot on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote:And I love it!
For. The. WIN! (graininess aside, and the grin speaks volumes)

Lots of guys sneer at florals, but from experience I know that they can, and do, work. It's all in the details, and one can never go wrong banging one against either black or white.

Rock it!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirtyscot wrote:I've just had the fastest Ebay delivery ever! Ordered on Tuesday evening, a little after midnight, and it arrived today, Thursday.
Looks great!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

To hell with the photo quality, Alastair, It's the look!
Not surprised you can get into a size 12. That floral is a bit longer than most of your others and I see it's got plenty of purple in it, too.

My skelington has a larger beam and a size 16 fits me, also to reach that low on me it'd need to be 24 or 25 inches.

Nice, though.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I think it looks fandamntastic! The whole look is great. Don't worry about the graininess the look on your face tells the whole story!! :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

skirtyscot wrote:I've just had the fastest Ebay delivery ever! Ordered on Tuesday evening, a little after midnight, and it arrived today, Thursday.

And I love it! Disappointingly poor quality photo follows, with apologies to all haters of graininess. I think I will replace it with a decent snap when time permits.
_20171123_235520.JPG
Looks good to me.

John
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I would wear that but I would have a paler top - more lilac than anything to tone down the contrast with the skirt. Other than that it's a good skirt with a nice bold pattern - not sure that I'd call it floral though.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.