Another (almost) Skirty Scot

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another (almost) Skirty Scot

Post by skirtyscot »

Welcome to the forum, toyota1997! Feel free to tell us some more about yourself in the introductions area.

A man can wear a skirt on the street: I've done it today, I did it on Thursday despite the presence of many possibly inebriated Weegies inside the pub and out. Have a read here about guys' first steps out in a skirt, then try and it yourself. And let us know how you get on!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Caultron wrote:Here's another thought. What if your wife told you one day that she was going to get her face tattooed, or her head shaved, or her body heavily pierced, or all three? Well of course we'd tend to claim these things are much more extreme than our wearing skirts or, since it's only hypothetical, to claim we'd say, "That's fine,"
The difference is, a face tattoo is more or less permanent. Head shaved may take months to grow back out to a customary length and heavily pierced body may take some time for the piercings to no longer be noticeable (not sure about that, I only have my ears pierced and you have to look closely to see the holes if I'm not wearing earrings). But wearing a skirt can revert to customary clothing in minutes with no sign that a skirt was being worn before.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirted_in_SF wrote:
Caultron wrote:Here's another thought. What if your wife told you one day that she was going to get her face tattooed, or her head shaved, or her body heavily pierced, or all three? Well of course we'd tend to claim these things are much more extreme than our wearing skirts or, since it's only hypothetical, to claim we'd say, "That's fine,"
The difference is, a face tattoo is more or less permanent. Head shaved may take months to grow back out to a customary length and heavily pierced body may take some time for the piercings to no longer be noticeable (not sure about that, I only have my ears pierced and you have to look closely to see the holes if I'm not wearing earrings). But wearing a skirt can revert to customary clothing in minutes with no sign that a skirt was being worn before.
I agree the analogy is imperfect.

Then again, the issue is wearing skirts customarily for a long time, perhaps the rest of one's life, as opposed to wearing a skirt once and then never again,
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron