Interesting Guy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Interesting Guy

Post by Caultron »

I like this guy's style:

https://www.pinterest.com/rmarkbryan/ma ... and-heels/

Or are you here and I missed any photos?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting Guy

Post by melsav »

I agree he has a very interesting style and quite varied. Just clicked to follow him on pinterest.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

He certainly coordinates his look very well. I'm surprised he's not on this board (is he? I don't know myself!)

Certainly a look I'd want for work!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I traded some comments with him, and he's a mechanical engineer, and that really is how he dresses for work everyday.

He says he checked the company dress code and all it said about skirts was that they couldn't be hemmed more than four inches above the knee. So he started wearing 3" heels under his pants, dealt with some barbs from co-workers, graduated to 4" heels, then told everyone he was thinking of wearing a skirt, dealt with a few more barbs, and then one day just did it.

I sent him the board's URL but don't know if he's interested.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I'm glad I'm not the only mechanical engineer with outside the box ideas.

I don't think the shipyard where I worked would be very appreciative about an approach like this. Besides, it would be quite impractical when I had to be on board if there was a problem that had to be solved instantly. I don't see myself going up and down steep ladders on board in high heels. And with an overall (boiler suit) I had to hike up my skirt. :wink:
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
aavisual

Post by aavisual »

I love the change of pace to a more formal business look and proper sporty casual. I like that this can be achieved and that we don't confine ourselves to the rugged (kilt) or grunge look. I like how he has made the wearing of heals second nature, I'm sure that takes practice, I would be too worried of a sprained ankle, also I am too rough on heals and have broken a couple of them. I still dress skirty like a blue collar worker with hikers or sandals, but that is my position in the work place and rarely if ever wear a suit. Some of these outfits really use the heals to compliment the style.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I, too, think his looks are very well put together, and that they would almost look awkward without the heels.

BTW, I've traded a few more messages with him, and remarked that he lucky his employer didn't pull out the old, "The company is fine with you wearing a skirt, but we're afraid of what some of the customers might think." He replied that the first time he meets a new customers, he wears heels and pants, and then he just tells them that going forward he's going to be dressed in a skirt, and that's never been a problem.

His secretary takes most of the photos for him, so I guess she's being a good sport about it.

As to heels personally, I've been wearing them almost full time for a couple of years now, first 2", then 3", and now with some difficulty 4", and I haven't fallen or twisted an ankle yet. Close, occasionally, but never completely. With kilts I tend to prefer dowdy styles, with casual skirts sandals, and with dressier styles pumps. I don't go for wedgies or booties but that's just my preference.

I'm finding that comfortable and stable 4" heels are much harder to find than 3". Part of that's the additional heel height, of course, but another reason is that 4" heels are apparently considered edgier and so the rest of the shoe tends to be as well. I do have a pair of black 4" block-heeled oxfords that are tolerable, though, and a pair of 4" brown lace-up Dr. Marten stilettos that are amazingly comfortable. Also, I just received a pair of 4.5" olive suede lace-ups that show great promise. I'm thinking to pair them with black tights, an olive skirt, and a black top.

I guess that's what happens when you start with a skirt and then try to build an outfit around it.

caultron
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

Thanks everyone for all the compliments. Just a bit more information about me. I just wear skirts and heels and when the weather gets cooler, I wear some hose as well. I don't wear dresses anymore, although I do own a few. My preference was more of the bodycon style. I even tried crossdressing (boobs, wigs, makeup) because my wife suggested that I try it. It just wasn't for me. I prefer the polo, skirt, and heels look. I do not intend to past as a woman. I'm actually a bit homophobic, which my wife thinks is funny. I am blessed have a somewhat thin build, although I do go to the gym about 3 times a week. I've been wearing skirts and heels to just about everywhere I go now for about 1-1/2 years. My skirt and shoe collection is pretty limited. I have 3 or 4 black and 3-4 navy skirts that are my typical work wear. I do have to wear a tie and jacket quite often to the office and most of my jackets are black and navy as well.

I live about 6 months a year in Germany and the other 6 in the USA as we have offices in both countries. I'm the engineering manager for a robotics firm. I am pretty high on the company ladder so either my co-workers accept me or just afraid to say anything. Overall, I have had more negative comments in the States than in Europe. Although I did go to the Lemans 24 hours race last June and the racing rednecks were a bit rude. I would not dare to wear a skirt or heels to a NASCAR event :shock:

Thanks again for all the nice compliments. If you want to know more just ask.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Hi, Mark, and thanks for joining the board. I hope it leads to lots of shared experiences and interesting discussions for both of us.

And you really do have a great look being dressed for business in a skirt. That can difficult to achieve because there aren't exactly a lot of guidelines.

Thanks again and welcome,

caultron (aka "Nobody Much")

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

In a couple of photos, such as

http://pin.it/T-FHXDA

you seem to be wearing a bra. Do you do that always, or not any longer, or somewhere in between, or...?

And BTW, you're very lucky to have such an accepting and supportive wife. As many here can attest, wives are often the least accepting people on the planet. Do you notice any particular reactions when you're out together, or does she?

caultron
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

No, it's just a camisole under the shirt. Kind of looks like a bra though. I have only worn a bra when supporting the D size silicone boobs that I have and that only when going full everything. As I mentioned earlier, it's just not my style. Uncomfortable as well... I try not to wear anything above the waist that is feminine.

My wife has always had fantasies about being with a another woman, so I just I kinda fill her needs. So I have only gone out in public with her. Most of the time we just go out to eat or see a movie. Yep, she is great and I am very lucky. I have been told to be careful that she may leave me for a real women. :roll:
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

Mark as in Mark wrote:Thanks everyone for all the compliments. Just a bit more information about me. I just wear skirts and heels and when the weather gets cooler, I wear some hose as well. I don't wear dresses anymore, although I do own a few. My preference was more of the bodycon style. I even tried crossdressing (boobs, wigs, makeup) because my wife suggested that I try it. It just wasn't for me. I prefer the polo, skirt, and heels look. I do not intend to past as a woman. I'm actually a bit homophobic, which my wife thinks is funny. I am blessed have a somewhat thin build, although I do go to the gym about 3 times a week. I've been wearing skirts and heels to just about everywhere I go now for about 1-1/2 years. My skirt and shoe collection is pretty limited. I have 3 or 4 black and 3-4 navy skirts that are my typical work wear. I do have to wear a tie and jacket quite often to the office and most of my jackets are black and navy as well.

I live about 6 months a year in Germany and the other 6 in the USA as we have offices in both countries. I'm the engineering manager for a robotics firm. I am pretty high on the company ladder so either my co-workers accept me or just afraid to say anything. Overall, I have had more negative comments in the States than in Europe. Although I did go to the Lemans 24 hours race last June and the racing rednecks were a bit rude. I would not dare to wear a skirt or heels to a NASCAR event :shock:

Thanks again for all the nice compliments. If you want to know more just ask.
Mark,

I love the pics and that's the same look I go for! I prefer formal pencil skirts, though have a couple of jean skirts as well for the weekend. Have been toying with the idea of wearing one for dress down Friday, and asked my HR team about it. They wondered why and I said I find skirts more comfortable, I thought about kilts but they are way too costly and need lots of looking after. Thanks for the inspiration :D
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Hi Mark as in Mark,

Great that you can wear what you want at work. Your firm doesn't have any vacancies, does it? :) I'm sure most of us would put in resumes/CVs if we could dress like that at work!!!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mark as in Mark wrote:...My wife has always had fantasies about being with a another woman, so I just I kinda fill her needs. So I have only gone out in public with her. Most of the time we just go out to eat or see a movie. Yep, she is great and I am very lucky. I have been told to be careful that she may leave me for a real women.
Now there's an interesting situation!

It can happen, though. I know a woman who left her husband of 30 yes, filed for divorce, moved in with another woman, moved out, and settled into the lesbian dating scene. I never thought to ask if she tried getting her husband to be a surrogate female but maybe I should. It'd be interesting.

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Caultron wrote:......... It can happen, though. I know a woman who left her husband of 30 yes, filed for divorce, moved in with another woman, moved out, and settled into the lesbian dating scene. I never thought to ask if she tried getting her husband to be a surrogate female but maybe I should. It'd be interesting.
I have seen both things happening. A colleaque came home one day to find a note on the kitchen table telling him that his wife moved in another woman. That woman was a house friend for years. Through her the wife had discovered her lesbian feelings.

A member of a skirted men forum wrote that his wife sees him as a husband when he has pants on. As soon as he goes into skirts or dresses it becomes an intimate female friend. She even goes with him shopping and is pushing him to more femme styles. She has also another name for him.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak