Couple Withdraw Their Son From School

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Jalad

Couple Withdraw Their Son From School

Post by Jalad »

I heard about this on the Today program this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-41224146
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Couple Withdraw Their Son From School

Post by crfriend »

Over a six-year-old? Really?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Righteous indignation, eh?

It's odd how that often leads to attempts to control others.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Sounds like they are reneging on their christian duties to support others. Sadly, another example of religious hypocrisy that seems far too common amongst the more ardent church goers, particularly those from the middle classes. At least judging by quite a few that I've known personally over the years, that is. I have to welcome the response from the diocese that said that their schools are "inclusive, safe spaces where pupils learn to respect diversity of all kinds" and that they believed that "all should feel welcomed, valued and nurtured as part of a learning community.". I wonder what the Rowes will say if their son turns out to be gay? Probably blame it on seeing a boy in a dress when he was six, lol.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

These people are nothing but HATERS. They will be such until they die, nothing can change that. But why they are hurting their own children I can not fathom. All they are doing is forcing there own beliefs on their children and then wonder why others are not on their side. I applaud the school for following the law and hope the rest of the parents follow suit with the school.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

That is the problem with religions of all stripes really. They preaching is and has become "God hates this......." or "God hates that.......". Strange that when I read scripture I find the statement "For so loved the world....". It is far past the time where the bigwigs of religion to actually read what is written rather than to put out their own traditions and wants by finding passages that support what they want and ignoring those passages that state that what they are saying is not correct.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hoborob wrote:That is the problem with religions of all stripes really. They preaching is and has become "God hates this......." or "God hates that.......". Strange that when I read scripture I find the statement "For so loved the world..."
Well said.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

There has been a big discussion of this on AngelsForum http://www.angelsforum.co.uk/phpforum/v ... =2&t=34113 and it appears that the parents are none too bright and are being funded (duped?) by an extremist pseudo-religious right-wing political group.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote:[... I]t appears that the parents are none too bright and are being funded (duped?) by an extremist pseudo-religious right-wing political group.
This is incredibly common amongst the gullible, and really ought to bring shame to those who would be doing the manipulating. The ones being manipulated likely don't have the sense to know what's going on; the ones doing the deed, however, DO and that's where the shaming belongs.

I am a firm believer that stupidity should hurt; that'd help solve the problem. However, manipulating the stupid for personal gain should hurt even more. This entire situation reeks.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

A few comments said their child was much more likely to be adversely affected by having bigots as parents than seeing a boy in a dress at school. Why is it that people like this do not read the chapters in their entirety? I trust they are equally critical of those who wear mixed fibres.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Oh for God's sake.... (no pun intended :wink: )

Over here this is what we have homeschooling, and Christian schools for. Of course, there are a fair number of redneck "Christians" who wish to indoctrinate their version (the bigoted version) of "Christianity" in public schools. Sadly it seems they are making "progress" (if you want to call it that)...

So mom and dad have an issue with another male student wearing dresses.... okay whatever, So when Junior ask about it... "mom, why is Tommy wearing a dress?" Why can't mom just say "he's crazy son..." AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!

JESUS WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO MAKE A FEDERAL CASE OUT EVERYTHING?!?!?! *facepalm*
jesus-facepalm.jpg
pssst.... because it's all about CONTROL!

aye-yae-yae..... :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

What baffles me is that they don't make a similar fuss when a girl wears trousers to school :?
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Charlie wrote:What baffles me is that they don't make a similar fuss when a girl wears trousers to school :?
Charlie
A good point that should be brought up EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. this happens...!

It's nothing but a dirty rotten double standard. You oughta hear the evangelical preachers come up with all kinds of twisty interpretations to justify that "it's okay for a woman to wear pants because.....", and yet when a guy wears a dress or skirt, "we're all going to hell!"

See, this is why I have no use for organized religion, it's nothing more than a mechanism for control, and I will go ahead an apologize for offending (I know someone will be), but all the evidence seems to indicate it's true!

I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again... if God cares that much about what we wear, then God has too much time on "his" hands and needs to find a hobby, or a girlfriend, or something.... :roll: gheesh..!

Tattoos, liquor, mixed fabric, pork, condoms, working 7 days per week, celebrating Pagan customs on holidays, swearing, etc etc.. ALL OKAY....

Guy wears a skirt... "AAWWWW HELL NAW!...... YOU GOIN' TA HELL SON!"

Pfft.. what a bunch of bull sh!t.... I extend my brightly painted central finger in their general direction.... and lest we forget... LAUGH at their pirate pants! :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

These people are just stupid. I'm very much a Christian yet have no problems with what people wear.
Why the heck should the school consult with all parents just because one child wants to wear a dress? I feel sorry for their boys.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

The BBC radio programme "Thought for the Day" has broadcast a thoughtful and sympathetic piece on this subject from Professor Tina Beattie. At last, someone from the religious community who is prepared to stand up in public and point out that such prejudice and bigotry cannot be justified by religion and is not supported by the Bible.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.