Dungaree skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Dungaree skirt

Post by RichardA »

I have always wanted a dungaree skirt ever since I bought dungaree shorts which I like wearing.
With the skirt or should I say dress as it is a bit in between the two and fitted me perfectly all ways a bit chancy when buying off ebay as some don't know how to read a rule properly and the sizes can be all wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Dungaree skirt

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Looks right cool Richard. I haven't seen bib overalls in a long time let alone bib skirts and shorts.

Skirt on!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

The skirts looks better and a whole lot more comfortable
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes, I think the skirt-overalls look better, more a complementary and balanced shape.
I have looked at them for wearing when doing stonemasonry for in hot weather; one could wear a very light shirt under it.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
essexsparks

Post by essexsparks »

I know them as dungaree dresses. I have two black ones from asda. I have a picture of one but the contrast is terrible. Very comfy with no waistband to worry over.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The dungaree skirt looks better - it just looks better quality somehow. The advantage of the skirt garment is that you can adjust the shoulder straps to raise the top of the bib. Try doing that with the shorts garment and you could end up speaking in a high squeaky voice. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

The shorts version looks too tight round the crotch and the legs to be comfortable. The skirted version looks much better. Neater too.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

The dungaree skirt looks much better and ideal for doing work around the house.
DonP

Post by DonP »

Looks good, but too short for me.
Colin
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Colin »

skirtyscot wrote:The shorts version looks too tight round the crotch and the legs to be comfortable. The skirted version looks much better. Neater too.
I agree!
Colin.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ooooh! I like the skirt! I'd like mine to be just a tad bit longer, maybe just about the knee and a little fuller so when I sit I don't have to worry about people across of me looking between my legs. I saw a woman in our of the stores I work in wearing something similar, but it was down to the ankle, and almost white. But it was a denim like fabric and had the "overall" straps above. I tried, unsuccessfully to find one as I thought it was a cool skirt/dress/whatever it is..... :eye:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
vendeebeaches

Post by vendeebeaches »

Shorts and skirt version are both on sale in Primark at the moment. £12.