oz kilts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
speightsey

oz kilts

Post by speightsey »

Hi all just found this amazing site right here on the gold coast QLD for oz made utility kilts here is the adress
www.ozkilts.com
Check them out watpy cheaper postage for us down under! :D
Milfmog

Re: oz kilts

Post by Milfmog »

Wow! Those look remarkably like Utilikilts, right down to the snap configuration, double front belt loops and key clips. 75 Ozzy dollars compared with 200+ USD... now let me think about that.

I reckon you should buy all you will want before UK get hold of them and hit them with a lawsuit. Talk about stealing a design...

Have fun,

Ian.

PS: Welcome to the café
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

They are Utilikilts.

Greg
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

I am not yet sure what to think about this website. There are no real established designs just picture from the internet of utilikilts and some other designs. If this is completely genuine then I think its BRILLIANT but I will not be getting excited yet until I can get a little more info about the company. I will give them the benifit of the doubt, it looks like they have been open for about 2 months so they may still be getting established. What surprises me is the price, I hope they are not rip offs as I have so much respect for Utilikilts as a forerunner to ending trouser tyranny. Maybe I am being a little cautious but I must say to see a kilt company start in Queensland is a dream come true so lets hope its the real deal and is successful.
eauford

Post by eauford »

This is Shaun from OZKilts.com

My kilts are simular to UK in the way, that they are kilts.
Mine are fundamentally different in the way that the waist is adjustable. UK are not.

As well, mine are 1/3 of the price, awesome quality with a full refund if you don't like it.

Ozkilts are here to stay, supplying quality kilts in Australia at an excellent price.

Shaun.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Welcome Shaun, good to see someone from the industry visiting the cafe, please keep with us, oh and what are your prices like when exported to the UK? as in Britain?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

OZ said: As well, mine are 1/3 of the price, awesome quality with a full refund if you don't like it.
Usually, you CAN sell a product that looks like someone elses for less money. You don't have to advertise, the other company already did. Whether Utilikilt considers your product a knockoff or ripoff will be seen by the size of the lawsuit Utilikilt files. OR IF they file one at all. It will be interesting to see how this proceeds. Good Luck! :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Shaun,

How have you managed the adjustable waist size? I did not see any pictures on the site that show this feature.

Good luck with the project and I await your answer to Big and Bashfull's question about United Kingdom distribution with interest.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

eauford wrote:This is Shaun from OZKilts.com

Mine are fundamentally different in the way that the waist is adjustable. UK are not.

As well, mine are 1/3 of the price, awesome quality with a full refund if you don't like it.

Ozkilts are here to stay, supplying quality kilts in Australia at an excellent price.

Shaun.
Hi Shaun
As an Aussie who has been wearing kilts full time for the last 4 years and importing them I would like to wish you the best of luck with this. Having worn garments similar to yours from Utitikilts I hope you are more flexible as a company regarding waist sizes and particularly length. My personal feeling is any kilt worn below the knee is not a kilt! If we wish to look manly we need to show off our knees so for me the top of the knee cap is perfect, NO LONGER!
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!
webboy42

Post by webboy42 »

The ozkilts.com website still appears to be online. I'm wondering if anyone has taken a look at their offerings since the last post of this thread in late 2011.

It's disappointing that the owner didn't appear to stick around to answer the questions others had. I'm waiting to hear back from them regarding a couple of my own. Since the owner didn't see fit to do it, maybe I can help out by addressing the questions using information available to me and by including updated information from the website.
speightsey wrote:Hi all just found this amazing site right here on the gold coast QLD for oz made utility kilts here is the adress
http://www.ozkilts.com
Check them out watpy cheaper postage for us down under! :D
According to their FAKQs (frequently asked kilt questions), most of the production is now done in Pakistan (rather than Australia), and shipping is free for all orders.
Big and Bashful wrote:Welcome Shaun, good to see someone from the industry visiting the cafe, please keep with us, oh and what are your prices like when exported to the UK? as in Britain?
Their cheapest kilt (https://ozkilts.com/our-kilts/product/s ... ility-kilt) is now AUD159, which is (at time of posting) about GBP97, EUR108, and USD126.
Milfmog wrote:Hi Shaun,

How have you managed the adjustable waist size? I did not see any pictures on the site that show this feature.

Good luck with the project and I await your answer to Big and Bashfull's question about United Kingdom distribution with interest.

Have fun,

Ian.
Their Deluxe product comes with a fitted "leather strap system" for adjustment of the kilt according to its product page (https://ozkilts.com/our-kilts/product/d ... ility-kilt).
eauford wrote:This is Shaun from OZKilts.com

Shaun.
The terms and conditions don't appear to support the implied satisfaction guaranty. Returns only seem to be possible if the kilt you receive is defective. If the quality isn't what you expected, you changed your mind, or you got the wrong size as a result of an error in your measurements, they state that a refund will not be available.
jimskirts

Post by jimskirts »

There is a company in Pakistan that makes kilts for multiple companies, and if you send them your design they will make it.
Not sure what the minimum order is.
I have one and its quality is fine but acrylic (I knew that when I ordered) this was from I think Scottish kilts. I also have a semi traditional made utility kilt from them medium weight cotton and well sewn.
The time involved in kilt construction its hard for traditional kilts to be affordable if its not affordable people don't buy,
Catch 22
The more affordable with quality the more people will try out kilts, a skirt on sale about $20+/- a low priced kilt with same quality about $80+/-
My kilt shipped straight from Pakistan to me.
Maybe same company in Pakistan maybe not but most likely it is.
webboy42

Post by webboy42 »

Lv jim wrote:There is a company in Pakistan that makes kilts for multiple companies, and if you send them your design they will make it.
Not sure what the minimum order is.
I have one and its quality is fine but acrylic (I knew that when I ordered) this was from I think Scottish kilts. I also have a semi traditional made utility kilt from them medium weight cotton and well sewn.
The time involved in kilt construction its hard for traditional kilts to be affordable if its not affordable people don't buy,
Catch 22
The more affordable with quality the more people will try out kilts, a skirt on sale about $20+/- a low priced kilt with same quality about $80+/-
My kilt shipped straight from Pakistan to me.
Maybe same company in Pakistan maybe not but most likely it is.
No idea who they use, but Oz Kilts say their kilts are made from cotton or cotton poly blends.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Regarding Ozkilts, I thought the man behind OzKilts goes by the name Eden.

Interesting kilts though, and I wish them well and hope they do well.
It would be great to see more utility kilts etc out and about.
webboy42

Post by webboy42 »

6ft3Aussie wrote:Regarding Ozkilts, I thought the man behind OzKilts goes by the name Eden.
This actually confuses me too.
6ft3Aussie wrote:Interesting kilts though, and I wish them well and hope they do well.
It would be great to see more utility kilts etc out and about.
They must be doing alright if they're still running after almost 6 years (since the first mention on here). I am considering one of their kilts for my first skirt, but I hesitate because it sounds like a lot of work to properly care for a kilt.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

One of the nicest things about my Still Water Kilts is the
polyviscose material. I can throw them into the washing
machine, on cold, gentle cycle then hang them on skirt
hangers(takes 3) and let them dry overnight.

I've done the same thing with my 2 Utilikilts. The Utilikilts
tend to keep the wrinkles but a light iron gets them out.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)