Hi from New Zealand

If you're new to the Cafe, please grab a seat by the potted palm, settle down with a nice big latte, and tell us a little bit about yourself. Please also look here for forum principles and rules.
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Re: Hi from New Zealand

Post by TheRod »

Hiz, I imagine that there are plenty of male kiwis that wear, or would like to wear, skirts. Have a look at https://www.flickr.com/groups/2192039@N22/pool/page6 abd other pages for the wide range of styles. The ones of me there were taken on the west side of the Tasman Sea, south of Sydney (plus one in the mountains of California).
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

renesm, where I live the opportunities aren't there unless I want to work in a different part of the country and I've been there and done it. At my time in life I want something more sedate. I spent 19 years installing, programming, supporting, upgrading and f*rt*ng around with them. Yes the work was interesting but demanding what with the stress of a system problem, calling a crash team together, diagnosing, solving and installing problem patches and on top 24hr on-call rota. No, I'd had enough. I paid with my health in a 6 month sickie with stress and depression which brought on my diabetes ( I am overweight at 13 stone but not seriously so ) which brought on my hearing loss so I wear hearing aids. I am more moody than I ever was in my youth. So yes, for a time I was earning, like 40k+ but what's that worth if it wrecks your health. The mainframes may be creaking away but it's all client-server now. I was involved for a time but with two years or so to retirement I reckon I've done my dues.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Hello TheRod. Your link gives a Page Not Found Error. and backing up to the actual group gives a message about having reached a Private Group. Not worth much in that case unless you are already a member.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hoborob wrote:Hello TheRod. Your link gives a Page Not Found Error. and backing up to the actual group gives a message about having reached a Private Group. Not worth much in that case unless you are already a member.
Try again.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

You may also enjoy

http://lookbook.nu/collections/976934-men-in-skirts

although that's more oriented toward designer-style fashion.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

The following message now comes up when I click on the link:

You've reached a private group.
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

My mistake, one has to sign up to see the photos. Pretty simple though.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

Hello Hiz. Nice to read something about you. By chance, we all like to wear skirts. ;) So join the club.

I work in the ICT too. I am a software programmer. Still Windows. But I have build and maintain Windows as well Webapplications. At the moment I work for an Insurance Advice Company.
hlz

Post by hlz »

Hi, thanks for the welcome Wesley.
Haha I wondered what it was we all had in common :D

I'm moving to a different area of my city in a couple of weeks, but annoyingly its not too far from a family member so I'm going to have to be a bit more discreet about where I go in my skirt sadly. But it is an area of the city I really like. Hopefully one day soon men wearing skirts will be more of a normalised thing. For now I'll have to stick to other areas of the city or in other nearby cities. And around the house :)
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

I am wearing skirts only at home or abroad. In august I will in skirt go to a festival with collegues. And in july alone. I am looking for those two festivals. Everyone who knows me very good a very agree with my point, except my wife. And your partner supports you. That's great.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

hiz, discreet is fine but accidental meetings will happen. They have happened to me and I have given up on it now. If someone sees me then they'll see me and TBH I couldn't give a damn about their opinion. You'll be at home in your skirt and a relation will call out of the blue. Better to prepare the ground beforehand so the idea is implanted in, hopefully, fertile ground so you can gauge their mindset before at least letting them know verbally your clothing choices. Very close friends and close relations are the only ones you need to be concerned about.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Post by WesleyN »

It is not important seeing other people in a skirt. If you want to. Go to a more days festival. There may be other men in skirt. Usually if you go outside in your favorite clothes, people will not react different then else. People see you, maybe they look at you for a second time. And that's it.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Caultron wrote:All generalities are false.
That's quite a generality.
Daryl...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Daryl wrote:
Caultron wrote:All generalities are false.
That's quite a generality.
This statement is false.

Death to all extremists!

Two negatives make a positive, but two positives never make a negative. Yeah, right.

Women.

caultron
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

hlz wrote:Hi everyone,
...I have become interested in wearing skirts as a male
So, you've been doing it as a female up until now? :shock: :wink:

Always a pleasure to welcome another one of Her Majesty's subjects.

Yes, it really doesn't matter if you're gay, though I have found that resistance to the idea is slightly different in the gay community, which is sensitive to incorrect and harmful stereotypes about gayness in general. Where a gay man may not want his skirt-wearing to be seen as a product of his sexual orientation, a straight man may not want his skirt-wearing to be seen as an indicator of his sexual orientation. Whether this applies to you or not, may your comfort and confidence grow rapidly.
Daryl...